American Idiot's 10 year Anniversary

Fuzz

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol. Album that made them sell outs.

I still don't get your mod wannabe logic.

I don't remember ever hearing American Idiot on the radio, it was Boulevard of Broken Dreams that got me hooked. Now I hear American Idiot on the radio more often, but I never thought that song was a big deal

Sadly, I couldn't experience American Idiot's release :( But it's since 8 years now that I can enjoy its existence! :) Seriously, it's my favorite record :wub: It may sound harsh, but it gets extra care and extra love :lol:

Still love this Reading Festival version of American Idiot.

Wish I was there.

I experienced it in San Francisco in November of 2004. It was great.

I have been blessed to be able to see them more than 20 times since 1991 and I think this is probably the great album of their career that any band can experience.

It must have been so exciting to experience all of the singles and videos as they were released. I'd give anything to see that episode of Top of the Pops again. :lol:

I don't know about the full episode, but...

Still love this Reading Festival version of American Idiot.

Wish I was there.

I experienced it in San Francisco in November of 2004. It was great.

I have been blessed to be able to see them more than 20 times since 1991 and I think this is probably the great album of their career that any band can experience.

So was American Idiot already out as a single at the time of this show? Fans seem to know words.

So was American Idiot already out as a single at the time of this show? Fans seem to know words.

The single came out Aug 31st (according to wiki) not sure if radio got it before then most likely radio had it first

It'd been on the radio a couple of weeks before they played Reading, and had had massive amounts of airplay. Still, Basket Case from that show puts American Idiot to shame.

The single came out Aug 31st (according to wiki) not sure if radio got it before then most likely radio had it first

And the show was on the 29th…hmm those people must've heard it on the radio. Very cool to see a song of this stature in it's pre-fame phase.

Came out on radio August 3rd

Came out on radio August 3rd

Yeah I figured the radio stations had it first just didn't see the date on wiki and was too busy to do more research

I really wanted to make one painting each for all 13 songs on the American Idiot album to comemorate its 10 year anniversary, but it's looking like I wont be able to do it in time so here's all I can contrubue right now...

2ewzdxx.jpg

This album and this band means the whole world to me. I began listening to them upon my move back to California in '04 and they've helped me so much emotionaly and creatively. Thank you Green Day!!

I've always liked that video.

I liked it until Avril basically stole it and did a really shit version.

I liked it until Avril basically stole it and did a really shit version.

Which video of hers did that?

On the one hand, I want to watch that to see how it copied Green Day, but on the other hand I don't want to listen to an Avril Lavigne song. Such a dilemma.

On the one hand, I want to watch that to see how it copied Green Day, but on the other hand I don't want to listen to an Avril Lavigne song. Such a dilemma.

Put the volume on mute

LOL. She stole nothing. I don't even know what should be stolen in this music video. And yes her music video, the song and the whole album is awesome.

If you think that she stole the idea for the MV then one could argue that GD stole the main (and the only) riff from AI from "Doublewhiskeycokenoice"

Most of it is pretty generic rock band playing in a room, but the paint thing did seem like a copy.

LOL. She stole nothing. I don't even know what should be stolen in this music video. And yes her music video, the song and the whole album is awesome.

The paint thing is a blatant copy. And I never said it's not awesome, I agree that the song and album are. Also, don't quote videos.

• 2 weeks later...

On this day (In my country at least haha) the comeback of Green Day began and this epic song was released as a single back in 2004

220px-Green_Day_-_American_Idiot_single_

Archived