Green Day X: The Fan Game of the Century

knenkov21

Hey there, I'm Kevin, and I am looking to start something I had in mind since I heard Green Day for the first time.

~

Let me tell you a bit about myself. I'm 15 and I live in New Jersey. I also have been learning computer programming through Python since the begining of 7th Grade. However, I only started to listen to Green Day at the begining of High School, since my parents never really introduced me to the Punk/Rock scene. I started listening to it everyday, it even became an obsession at one point.

~

Then, I started listening to other Bands. From All Time Low to Pierce the Veil, and from The All-American Rejects to Nirvana, I really started to love that style of music. So, one night, when my band and I were playing "Green Day Rock Band", one of my friends said "They should make a Green Day video game, like Mario or some shit". And then, it hit me.

~

So now, I decided to start Green Day X!

~

Green Day X will be a fan made game about Green Day and other famous bands in the Punk/Rock genre of music. Currently, its only my friend and I that are working on it, and we have come up with a very interesting idea. The game wil be focusing around the main character (Billie Joe, Mike, or Tre) to collect their stolen music disc which contains new 8-bit tracks of their music, which will unlock songs that will be played durning the game. Currently, we are using and Arduino to input some of Green Day's greatest hits into 8-bit form. The songs that are currently chosen are "Green Day" "2000 Light Years Away" and "Basket Case". We decided to put Green Day's name-song (or whatever its called) as the music for the title screen.

~

Also, we are thinking about having special apperances from members of other bands, such as Alex Gaskarth, Vic Fuentes, and even Kurt Cobain!

~

Now, we need your help. First off, we need a team to help work on this.

~

Currently, we need...

~

-Sprite Designer

-A few people that know the Python Language

-An artist to design the cutscenes (if there is any), and the title screen

~

Once we have a decent team, we will get to work, maybe even make a kickstarter page! However, if we do make a kickstarter page, we will make sure to make the most kickass stretch goals ever!

~

So, if you are willing to participate in either helping with the game through donation or through your skills in programming and sprite creation, contact me either on here or at my email knenkov21@gmail.com

~

Thanks guys! Let's make this game be the best gaming experience for band nerds ever haha!

That sound like 8-Bit Rebellion by Linkin Park

not gonna pick on the choices of songs

I'm pretty sure DannyDirnt used to do some sprites.

That sound like 8-Bit Rebellion by Linkin Park

well, yes, but this will be more like the "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World" Video Game in looks, but more like a platformer like sonic or mario.

not gonna pick on the choices of songs

I'm pretty sure DannyDirnt used to do some sprites.

we are definatly putting a bunch more songs into the game, but we want to make sure the Arduino works with the input of the songs and converting them to 8-bit. Once we know it works and sounds good, we are looking to put in at least 25+ songs to the game as music discs you can collect.

there is a guy here who converted damn near every song to either 8 or 16 bit. can't remember which.

there is a guy here who converted damn near every song to either 8 or 16 bit. can't remember which.

thats what were trying to do. we are also going to create a soundtrack with most of their songs and a few from a few other artists such as all time low and nirvana

Holyshitaflyingbanana made every GD song except android or something in 8-bit, but he hasn't been on in a long long time, he was dealing with some personal issues and hasn't been back since... :(

Archived