Mike hinting at future plans?

BucksCoEric

They will never release an album without telling anyone. It just won't happen.

Didn't they release Tre without anyone knowing? ;)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is reminding me of when he posted the hashtag #lifeisgrand2014isofftoagreatstartinthedirntsandgreendaysworldcantwaittoshare and a lot of people were freaking out lol.

Yeah and what ever became of that?

They obviously have future plans. They are taking a break and then they'll start touring and recording new material as usual. His comment is nothing surprising at all.

Yeah and what ever became of that?

He mightve been talking about demolicious

It's hard not to get excited when the Green Day world is so stale at the moment.

Oh I wasn't criticising the people who are excited. I get why they are, I probably would be if he hadn't previously dropped hints about stuff that didn't happen.

I hope it's real, but I doubt it. Next year is the 25th anniversary of 39/Smooth though, which is pretty big...

Oh I wasn't criticising the people who are excited. I get why they are, I probably would be if he hadn't previously dropped hints about stuff that didn't happen.

oh no I know haha, I was just saying.

Hopefully it'll be for a new album. A new record would be a great way of marking 25 years of Green Day albums :)

I don't want to get too excited even though I believe they might be planning something. Mike can as well be just teasing and they all seem to be preoccupied with something else. If they actually were planning a new album I doubt they started working on it yet (at least not all of them together). It's hard to believe he is really kidding so I'd say something can come up or they might be working on it but relying on the tour for next year seems kinda foolish to me given the circumstances and reliability of Mike's Instagram promises :).

Next year will also be 20 years of Insomnaic, I'm not sure if they will do anything about that or play more songs from Insomniac but I hope so because I love that album. All I can do is wait and find out lol

Next year will also be 20 years of Insomnaic, I'm not sure if they will do anything about that or play more songs from Insomniac but I hope so because I love that album. All I can do is wait and find out lol

Insomniac is my favorite Green Day album. Pure, raw energy, put together with the "IDGAF what you think" kind of attitude. If they did that, I would be happier than you watching kids and families having their Christmas ruined. :happy:

I was talking to one of the roadies at Brixton last year and they said the band were planning a US tour for last Autumn. Just saying.

That false rumor still crushes my soul and haunts on an at least weekly basis, and I truly don't think I'll ever fully get over the trauma. :cry:

If they tour, I hope it's in support of a new album. I wouldn't want to see a 'greatest hits tour' and I don't think Green Day would either. I suppose it's good for people who haven't had the chance to see them but still.

C'mon, if they did it you'd still get tickets and go... I know I would. I'm not picky. They're still the same band, new album or not. :)

My timelines on everything have exploded with excitement about this, I feel like I'm one of the only ones who's not taking it that seriously :lol: just don't want to be totally disappointed if it turns out to be nothing!

You're not the only one, and you're smart! We just know better. :happy:

That false rumor still crushes my soul and haunts on an at least weekly basis, and I truly don't think I'll ever fully get over the trauma. :cry:

Yeah, I still feel bad about sharing that here. That said, at the time I didn't know I'd later give a shit about anyone on here :P

Yeah, I still feel bad about sharing that here. That said, at the time I didn't know I'd later give a shit about anyone on here :P

Wait, that was YOU?!

for me this feels like "we dont have exact plans" "but we are still a active band so we gonna go on tour at any time in the future" .. nothing special

C'mon, if they did it you'd still get tickets and go... I know I would. I'm not picky. They're still the same band, new album or not. :)

Well of course.duuuh ;)

Best hint related incident ever was when Billie/the Rev did Myspace posts after each show of the US Foxboro tour, always saying something about the next show at the end, and ended the last one with "I've got you on my mind, England...". And then they didn't come and it was sad. But then a year and a half later they did :D. Later found out the reason they didn't come originally was because they were ill after the US tour. It was really cool that they still did it at a later date.

I think they did genuinely have plans that got cancelled in that case, I remember Fuzz saying he'd been told something was happening, but then it didn't for whatever reason. And I suppose it's inevitable that they'll tour the US whenever they next tour, so it'll be made up for eventually.

That was the best attempt at quoting a post I've ever seen.

I didn't even know it was possible to fuck it up that much.

I don't think he was necessarily "joking" because it seems like such a random thing to put into a hashtag (I mean, he could have just said "Working out!" or something like that and the message would have gotten across) as a means to rile us up or whatever. I think his response to that user was akin to when someone says "We should hang out sometime!" and you like them well enough so you say "YEAH! That sounds great!" but you know that because of distance/time/changes in life/not liking the person all that much that it's never gonna happen but you're nice so you're gonna say yes anyway :lol:

tbh I don't want a new Green Day album till at least 2016. They should take their time on this one. Maybe he is touring for some side project we don't know of...

Archived