Mike hinting at future plans?

BucksCoEric

Or maybe they're just off the cuff remarks and to read too much into it and later get annoyed if nothing happens would be unfair.

At least we finally have something to talk about haha.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least we finally have something to talk about haha.

The next episode of static noise is practically writing itself haha

He's the biggest troll of all :lol:

But in all seriousness, if he's working out to be in tour shape, he's not doing it for NEXT year, he's doing it for THIS year. At least, most people I know start getting in shape for seasons that are soon approaching, not way off. I'm sure they'll do some kind of anniversary thing before the year is out, followed by who knows what in 2015!

He posted a picture on instagram which had a caption. That caption had the word tour in it.

Being rational appears to not be a strong suit for green day fans.... XD

Errr for every fans, I think, not only Idiots...

Mike was most likely making a joke about the band's penchant for touring forever.

That's what I was thinking about.

I seriously doubt it.

But if it doesn't happen, I can't help thinking of all those ones freaking out on his Instagram right now...

Mike was most likely making a joke about the band's penchant for touring forever.

Agreed.

Just gonna re-post my full analysis from the Instagram thread:

:lol: I think he's just making a joke by referring to the fact that in a given year they'll "probably" tour since they tour a lot, and by not really answering the question. The exclamation mark emphasizes that it's not to be taken seriously. But yeah it's still nice and positive even if it's probably just a tease.

It's always possible that they'd surprise us with a something at a given time but I don't think this jokey throwaway post has any bearing on whether they will.

I think he's just joking around. Like others have pointed out, he said they'd be touring the UK more in the same way last year and it never happened. I guess that could have been planned and just didn't go ahead but I can't really see them recording or touring soon. Obviously Mike is otherwise occupied, Billie seems happy to be working with other artists and Tre apparently lives in Newport at the moment, so it's unlikely they have any material yet. Though Billie did joke that he didn't think he'd ever record an album and tell anyone again, so you never know :P

On the last one maybe Brit likes the shape Mike stays in during touring so Mike is staying in tour shape for her...

Didn't Billie say in Rolling Stone interview that he'd rather make an album and not tell anyone about it and then just release it.

Didn't Billie say in Rolling Stone interview that he'd rather make an album and not tell anyone about it and then just release it.

Billie says a lot of things...

I don't think Mike would have done this for no reason though, there's obviously something going on

Yeah I mean they like to be sneaky and surprise us sometimes, always have. Doesn't mean this random lighthearted comment tells us anything but you can always expect the unexpected with them.

I don't think Mike would have done this for no reason though, there's obviously something going on

Writing "probably!" more than a year in advance? I don't think that's obvious. Seems more obvious that he saw the question and took the opportunity to make a joke about how they tour all the time (am I touring in any given year? I tour all the time so probably!) and to be a tease.

I'm sure it's just a joke! He's probably just added the hashtag on the end as a bit of a joke and to let the fans know they'll be back at some point. I wouldn't read anything into it though.

They can tour just for the hell of it, they don't need to promote a new album with it if they're not ready. Sure, it'd be kinda heritage-y, living in the past, but whatever, they'll get back to recording albums at some point.

Honestly i think their next 'era' will be a Greatest hits vol 2 era and they will just tour promoting that, they seem to be at that point in their career. Which would be great to generate interest in the GP again.

On the last one maybe Brit likes the shape Mike stays in during touring so Mike is staying in tour shape for her...

Brit also posted on instagram a Soundwave picture claiming she missed them touring. So she probably can't wait herself.

If they tour, I hope it's in support of a new album. I wouldn't want to see a 'greatest hits tour' and I don't think Green Day would either. I suppose it's good for people who haven't had the chance to see them but still.

his latest instagram post.... SURELY THERES SOMETHING BEING PLANNED... either that or he's actually teasing the fuck out of us!

I wouldn't put it past Mike to be teasing the fuck out of us...he has that kind of personality. I also believe that something else is going on.

On another note, who are you and why have I not really seen you around here before? Lol

They will never release an album without telling anyone. It just won't happen.

I think a tour would be great but I refuse to get my hopes up because that may only lead to crushing disappointment.

Green Day would. Their label wouldn't.

My timelines on everything have exploded with excitement about this, I feel like I'm one of the only ones who's not taking it that seriously :lol: just don't want to be totally disappointed if it turns out to be nothing!

I don't think Billie meant that no one would know until the day it was released. I think they meant he didn't want to pre-announce it while they were working on it. They could record it, finish it, and the label could still have a few months to setup marketing, singles, promos, etc.

I think Billie just liked the idea of not having any pressure from anyone outside the band while they were working on it.

My timelines on everything have exploded with excitement about this, I feel like I'm one of the only ones who's not taking it that seriously :lol: just don't want to be totally disappointed if it turns out to be nothing!

It's hard not to get excited when the Green Day world is so stale at the moment.

Sounds cool :) Hopefully it comes true! But I'm not getting my hopes up

I just hope this is true!!

But if they would tour I don't think it will be a world tour though, cause then they would bring out a new album i guess. But who know?

Gonna keep the faith!

Otherwise I'm expecting Muse next year haha :D

Archived