A Different Shade Of Green: A Tribute To Green Day

GreenDayBootlegs2010

Hello everyone. In my opinion is one of the best tribute albums of Green Day, but what he thinks about this tribute album? And what is your favorite song?. All opinions here!!!

Rule: Do not post any link to download this album. Be removed by the mods or me.

yes, links cannot be posted as this is copyrighted material and can be bought (eg itunes after a 2 second google search).
I will leave this open if people want to talk about the songs, but please no links. They will be removed.

I have mp3, the songs all suck. I have no idea why I still have this shit. There's only one or two decent covers

The 30 second previews on Amazon actually sound decent to me. A damn sight better than Kerrang's American Idiot at least. I'm really intrigued to hear a few of them, but fuck spending actual money on it. :lol:

The 30 second previews on Amazon actually sound decent to me. A damn sight better than Kerrang's American Idiot at least. I'm really intrigued to hear a few of them, but fuck spending actual money on it. :lol:

Well yeah, 10x better than Kerrang's :lol:

1000000 BETTER!!!!. My favourite song is Worry Rock by Weezer. It's beautiful :wub:

yes, links cannot be posted as this is copyrighted material and can be bought (eg itunes after a 2 second google search).

I will leave this open if people want to talk about the songs, but please no links. They will be removed.

Okay i understand :D. I'll edit the topic

Yeah, the Weezer cover is actually pretty descent compared to some covers they've done in the past (*cough* Paranoid Android *cough*). But the Blue Album and Pinkerton are amazing records, while everything after that is stuff I don't care for.

Other than the Weezer cover, which I think is really good, this is a... mostly horrible album (I never listened to the Kerrang one, so I can't compare).

(*cough* Paranoid Android *cough*).

I thought the Paranoid Android cover was decent, other than Cuomo's over-annunciation.

But the Blue Album and Pinkerton are amazing records, while everything after that is stuff I don't care for.

I completely agree with this. Other than maybe ten songs, everything after these two fantastic albums has been an embarrassment. Their new album sounds good so far (Save Back to the Shack).

Guest wilhemunderpants

I like the redundant and macys day parade. Rest is pretty cool and christie road. I dont understand the covers of alot of these like basket case and minority why do it exaclty like the original? And i hate people on youtube doing green day covers but always trying to look like billie joe or try sing in a stupid british accent

Can we post links to youtube videos? There's one with the entire album on it.

Not many of the songs are that great, but it is interesting to here other bands cover fairly obscure GD songs (like Rest)

• 2 weeks later...

Kerrang's cover album was better than the original.

Kerrang's cover album was better than the original.

That's got nothing to do with this topic. You do know we all know you don't like American Idiot by now, right? You've made your point.

do you intentionally shit on everything, or is it uncontrollable, like diarrhea?

Shit? I said Kerrang's cover album is awesome.

Also Wezzer completely destroyed my second favorite GD song.

I've only listened to one song off of Kerrang's cover album, and it was complete shit. Can't say I've ever heard this though.

OMG this covers are garbage. WTF were they thinking?

Anything is better than that of Kerrang :)

do you intentionally shit on everything, or is it uncontrollable, like diarrhea?

I think it's diarrhea

Kerrang tried to cover songs and made them better than the original. This one totally destroyed the songs.

Kerrang tried to cover songs and made them better than the original. This one totally destroyed the songs.

Cover up? Better than the original? You just might be some drug ... User Type a drug called Kerrang!

Speaking of bands that actually make good Green Day covers. These guys are the best.

Archived