Maria Demo, for sale on Ebay (Not mine).

fatherotti

Says it's a demo of Maria. Going for the lovely price of $99.99. Maybe someone should contact this guy and see if they could get a sample? :) Sorry if this needs to be moved to Q&A please do and if it's been discussed before, I apologize. Just thought it's kinda interesting haha. :happy:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Green-Day-Maria-demo-cd-r-/151338053597?pt=Music_CDs&hash=item233c736fdd

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's probably the original version, which is 2:28 digital, but probably a vinyl rip from the Waiting single, which explains it being a little longer. I feel bad for anyone who bids on this since it is widely available, and even on iTunes. But if it is in fact another version, that would be very cool

It's probably the original version, which is 2:28 digital, but probably a vinyl rip from the Waiting single, which explains it being a little longer. I feel bad for anyone who bids on this since it is widely available, and even on iTunes. But if it is in fact another version, that would be very cool

Yeah I was gonna say. Be cool if it was a demo. If not this guy'd be scamming people left and right. He has some other "rare" stuff going for the same prices.

Yeah I was gonna say. Be cool if it was a demo. If not this guy'd be scamming people left and right. He has some other "rare" stuff going for the same prices.

I didn't see any other rare Green Day stuff, just common things. I didn't look at other bands though. He probably owns a music store or something, and got sold this and doesn't even realize what he's re-selling

He probably owns a music store or something, and got sold this and doesn't even realize what he's re-selling

True true

You can kinda tell is fake because it's on a cdr for a start were as a demo Shurley would have been factory pressed first with the writing

i think it's this.

I can also bun this on a shitty CD. and sell it.

i talked to that guy a while ago.. he says all of his items are authentic cause he knew a guy from Warner in the US. All he could tell me about it was that he thinks it was just burned for an employee: "Obviously it was not made at Warner. Somebody at the studio burned it for an employee there. I think that's everything..".

still looks like shit xD

You can kinda tell is fake because it's on a cdr for a start were as a demo Shurley would have been factory pressed first with the writing

No it wouldn't have? If it was just a demo, it would've been put on a cd-r, why would they send it out to get pressed? You think American Idiot demos are on pressed CDs? They're just on tapes and cd-rs at the stuido and at Billie's house :P

i talked to that guy a while ago.. he says all of his items are authentic cause he knew a guy from Warner in the US. All he could tell me about it was that he thinks it was just burned for an employee: "Obviously it was not made at Warner. Somebody at the studio burned it for an employee there. I think that's everything..".

still looks like shit xD

Can you ask him to compare it to the waiting version? Send him a Youtube link?

Can you ask him to compare it to the waiting version? Send him a Youtube link?

did... lets see

Most professional studios I've been to never use cd-rs like that I wonder what studio Maria was recorded at

I know Ocean Way Can Am Westlake and few others they have custom made cd r's (that has the studios logo and address and phone numbers along with space for the band and track info)

Others use thermal cd-rs and have disc printed with song info etc

Most professional studios I've been to never use cd-rs like that I wonder what studio Maria was recorded at

I know Ocean Way Can Am Westlake and few others they have custom made cd r's (that has the studios logo and address and phone numbers along with space for the band and track info)

yeah exactly.. his other Green Day CD´s were printed like that, though.. with track infos, studio name, phone numbers etc.. the typical white one

his other CDs were called 'Green Day in Studio in DC' and a live show from DC.. 2001

I've done the same thing and so far, no reply.

hm ok lets see.. i had a few questions about his other CDs. he always awnsered good.. even with my question whats on the CDs xD especially the GD in studio in dc one.. he said mostly interviews and a few acoustic songs..

The original version of Maria was recorded at the Catbox in Oakland

The original version of Maria was recorded at the Catbox in Oakland

Ahh never heard of it

I'm willing to bet this is just a vinyl rip of the original version tho

Yeah he said it was the vinyl version (which you can also buy on iTunes). Nothing special about it at all.

Yeah he said it was the vinyl version (which you can also buy on iTunes). Nothing special about it at all.

Lol, is he gonna take the bid down then?

No it wouldn't have? If it was just a demo, it would've been put on a cd-r, why would they send it out to get pressed? You think American Idiot demos are on pressed CDs? They're just on tapes and cd-rs at the stuido and at Billie's house :pCan you ask him to compare it to the waiting version? Send him a Youtube link?

I realise what I said after said ;)haha

Lol, is he gonna take the bid down then?

Exactly lol. He very well should at this point. Lord have mercy on whoever buys it haha.

sorry for the late reply.. because of work! :D he awnsered me pretty soon. I guess by now you know it..

"Yeah sounds like the one from the 7" with the effects on his vocals."

sorry for the late reply.. because of work! :D he awnsered me pretty soon. I guess by now you know it..

"Yeah sounds like the one from the 7" with the effects on his vocals."

Yeah I posted about that yesterday. I've informed him that the track can be bought on iTunes so he's pretty much just overcharging people, he's replied, but still hasn't taken it down.

eBay is exactly the kind of place you can charge $99.99 for a CD R. I don't even know if he should take it down. More fool the person who falls for it.

Archived