Avon Walk For Breast Cancer In Support Of Brittney

JellyTime

New message:

SUPPORT TEAM BRITT! Avon Walk for Breast Cancer 2014

Hola Green Day Family!
This October our family would like to invite you participate in
The Avon Walk for Breast Cancer in Santa Barbara with TEAM BRITT!
You can sign up, get sponsors and walk with us, or donate whatever you can afford. We look forward to seeing your names on the list of Team Britt supporters in the fight against Breast Cancer!

Please check out this Team Britt link for all the details!

http://www.avonwalk.org/goto/TeamBritt

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mar and I decided to split this into a new thread so it gets all the attention it deserves :)

So looking over the list of contributors, I wonder who Mr. and Mrs. Tarzan are? :)

Great show of support for a great cause!

It's so awesome that Brittany and Mike are leveraging their celebrity status to draw donations to this really great cause!

I think I'll keep bumping this thread because I think it's really important. Whether you donate or not doesn't matter to me but since my mom is a breast cancer survivor I follow and participate in a lot of cancer donation/walk/run programs. And I know a lot of people that have participated in this walk. I hear it's an amazing experience.

That's awesome !! Lovely to see how supportive they are for Brittney...

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update since Mike just posted a Britt chemo photo: They have surpassed their initial goal of $10k!!!!! And from Mike's hashtag comments looks like she may be done with her chemo treatments at the end of this month. Plus she's wearing an awesome FUCK CANCER t-shirt and looks awesome too.

Fighting the good fight, Britt is!

Who's Brittney?

Are you an idiot or just need the post count? Either way, get out. :)

Are you an idiot or just need the post count? Either way, get out. :)

Who's Brittney and why must we only support her? Lots of people have cancer and I like to support them too.

Who's Brittney and why must we only support her? Lots of people have cancer and I like to support them too.

Mike Dirnt's wife. :)

Mike Dirnt's wife. :)

and why must we only support her? Lots of people have cancer and I like to support them too.

You can support all the people you'd like, anywhere you'd like. We have a cancer thread for you to discuss or support if you'd like. Since this is a Green Day Forum, and this is one of the members family, there is absolutely no reason that their own thread should not be open for everyone to keep up on what's happening with their participation with Avon Walk.

So since you like to support people struggling with cancer, will you be making a donation to this walk in Britt's honor?

You can support all the people you'd like, anywhere you'd like. We have a cancer thread for you to discuss or support if you'd like. Since this is a Green Day Forum, and this is one of the members family, there is absolutely no reason that their own thread should not be open for everyone to keep up on what's happening with their participation with Avon Walk.

So since you like to support people struggling with cancer, will you be making a donation to this walk in Britt's honor?

Doesn't she already have more than enough money from Mike. What are we even donating for? Why would we only support one person just because she is involved with one of the members of Green Day? Is she more important than all the other people with cancer?

Doesn't she already have more than enough money from Mike. What are we even donating for? Why would we only support one person just because she is involved with one of the members of Green Day? Is she more important than all the other people with cancer?

Get out and stop being so inflammatory. You're intentionally missing the point and I won't stand for it.

you're an idiot. The money is not for her. Cancer charities and cancer research are the ones who will benefit from this and in turn many other cancer sufferers will benefit too. You're a Clown!

Seriously can we ban seagull how much do I need to donate to GDC to make this happen Fuzz?

But can we support another team too? The title of this thread is very confusing to me. It's like this is the only team we should support. I support this walk and I'll support other teams too.

But can we support another team too? The title of this thread is very confusing to me. It's like this is the only team we should support.

I can't imagine why Mike Dirnt's wife would be the focus of such a topic on a Green Day forum... Support whoever you want, all the money goes to the same place. But I get the feeling you're struggling with the concept of fundraising.

Seriously can we ban seagull how much do I need to donate to GDC to make this happen Fuzz?

Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

But can we support another team too? The title of this thread is very confusing to me. It's like this is the only team we should support. I support this walk and I'll support other teams too.

Yup, you are an idiot!

They are supporting others with cancer, that's the point...?

As wrong as Seagull is we don't need to resort to name calling. Destroy him with logic and reason all you like, but don't lower yourselves.

Archived