Mike Dirnt to produce Indie film titled 'Crickets'

Sanity Loan

According to Hollywood Reporter, Mike Dirnt and Pat Magnarella (Green Day's manager) will be producing a Indie film titled 'Crickets.'

The story, by Botello and Jack Umbrella, centers on the relationship of two estranged brothers. One, who is an aspiring stand-up comic, is dying of a terminal illness. He asks his brother, a depressed office drone, for one last request: to go on stage and perform his material for him to see if he ever really had talent. What he doesn't reveal, though, is that he has an even bigger surprise in store.

"Ive been -- and a lot of people have been -- affected by illnesses and its a very relatable thing," Dirnt, whose wife was recently diagnosed with breast cancer, tells THR, adding that the love-hate relationship between the brothers "feels very real." The musician says that he'll stick to what he knows best by also helping out with the music for the project.

The full article: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/green-days-mike-dirnt-produce-717426

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds fascinating. Go Mike for doing something out of his comfort zone.

This sounds really interesting, and I'm always interested in Mike's work. Looking forward to seeing where this goes, and it's actually great to see all three guys doing stuff outside of Green Day.

This means it's official that the band has broken up :(

Naw....his last IG post mentioned being in the best band. Sorry break up rumor not working today. Nice try though. :)

Naw....his last IG post mentioned being in the best band. Sorry break up rumor not working today. Nice try though. :)

He was talking about The Frustrators

It will be interesting, although the story behind it is actually depressing.

Aw, that even sounds like the kind of film I would watch anyway. But with Mike, it's going to be a great added extra to know that he's had a say in it.

I'm excited to see how this ends up, however, I just want them to be in Green Day again.

No that was a conformation on the Network

Sometimes I wish they would just break up already, all we can do is sit here and wait :P

So as a producer basically Mike is giving a friend of his a lot of money to make something interesting. And maybe have a little creative influence. Cool.

Good to see someone other than BJ doing something different! Can't wait to hear more about this! :)

This is interesting, sounds like a cool project! Nice to see him doing something else that's still creative.

Oh I thought he meant the Foxies. okay..

You had me at "Mike's producing an indie film" :P The plot sounds interesting, I'll definitely watch it!

Intriguing! Cool that Mike is trying something new, I'm looking forward to seeing the results.

I'm excited to see how this ends up, however, I just want them to be in Green Day again.

They are, they just always take some time off between albums/tours. There's always going to be breaks, they can't put out albums and go on tour non-stop. Green Day isn't on the cards at the moment so they're either going to be doing other stuff like this or sitting around not doing much, the former is better I'd say!

Wow, interesting and new! Looking forward to know more about it!! :happy:

Archived