If Demolicious was released instead of the trilogy...

Jollyroger118

If Demolicious was released instead of the trilogy do you think things would have been different? Do you think it would have been better received by critics and fans or would have been come a hit?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it was released like it was probally not sales wise I think already established fans would like it more

If Demolicious was released instead of the trilogy do you think things would have been different? Do you think it would have been better received by critics and fans or would have been come a hit?

no. Demolicious is good when compared with the Trilogy but it still isn't top quality work :P

Mostly average songs do not become magnificent with an alternative production.

Thats my opinion, at least. :P

no. Demolicious is good when compared with the Trilogy but it still isn't top quality work :P

Mostly average songs do not become magnificent with an alternative production.

Thats my opinion, at least. :P

Oh god, those are demos.

Trilogy is master recording.

Oh god, those are demos.

Trilogy is master recording.

The point? I know they are demos. But I can't see why people suddenly praise those songs because of their demo versions :P

The point? I know they are demos. But I can't see why people suddenly praise those songs because of their demo versions :P

I am not sure of that - even the trilogy haters could probably salvage an album of songs they would be happy with as long as it had the rougher production. (I may get slammed for this comment though)

the trilogy problem wasn't the music but the lack of promotion due to Billie's issues and a bad choice for a lead single (Oh Love)

For me the production on the Trilogy was never a problem. Those songs just do nothing for me - but it is only my personal preference.

And those songs still do nothing for me when they have that so called rougher production.

i heard oh love 10 times a day at job in summer 2012 no joke i don't think there was a lack of production

This is the world I want to live in, the one where Demolicious would be called "The Shocker" and the Trilogy didn't exist.

People would complain about how sloppy it is, not knowing how the trilogy would have turned out.

i heard oh love 10 times a day at job in summer 2012 no joke i don't think there was a lack of production

Lucky :P every time it came on the radio, my stepmom changed it. That was the first week it was out, before it was cool to hate it

You can't release demos as an LP, come on

Nirvana did lol (half of Bleach was first recorded as demos used because they did re record the songs but Chad (the new drummer) didn't play the songs as good as the drummer on the demo had played them)

well for this, not all songs on demolicious are cool, for some of them, i still prefer the triology parts. instead, when demolicious was announced, my hopes were high especially for Dream Catcher. but all we got was a bunch of demos, that were pretty good.!!

Demolicious is the perfect demo for what should have been a 15-17 song nimrod-like in production, mastered album. Demolicious makes the whole era more satisfying but also in a way even more frustrating because you can't enjoy the demos as much had it been mastered and completely new. Instead they were songs already multiple years old. And it's amazing to me uno dos and tre all have an average of four and a half stars on itunes. It should be more like 3-3+1/12 when you compare it to past work. But that almost seems like the point with the production. More people will appreciate it now because it's closest in production with their previous release, 21CB.

Do you mean production or promotion. For sure before iheart I heard a trilogy song everyday on the radio.

Do you mean production or promotion. For sure before iheart I heard a trilogy song everyday on the radio.

oh damn yes i meant promotion :P

If Demolicious were released instead, people would've just picked something else to complain about. People say that they should've picked the best songs out of each album and gave us one, but what if they would've picked all the songs's that weren't well recieved? What if we would've gotten the Oh Love's, the Nightlife's, etc? I'd rather have a selection to choose from, than what was given on demolicious. Either way, if Tre is an indication of the direction they're going in, then meh.

This feels like the same old tired conversation. No it wouldn't have done better. The Recordings were demos. I would doubt that they would have sold more than what uno sold if they only released one album,

I'd say that the trilogy era is over and we can't do anything about it, if demolicious would've bee released instead if the trilogy it most likely would have sold worse

it is the same discussion with cigarettes and valentines what if they had released it and not american idiot

for me, i'm satisfied with the way it turned out, same with uno dos tré :)

You can't release demos as an LP, come on

One of Springsteen's most critically acclaimed and commercially successful albums says hi.

If the trilogy had had a huge succes people will be complaining about the new poser fans that would be around

all the arguments used against the trilogy are the same as during the Warnin era, who lived it will remember, everybody complained about the clean guitars and sales wise.. just like if an album need to sold 10 million copies to be good. and here we are 15 years later and Warning sounds even better.

all the arguments used against the trilogy are the same as during the Warnin era,

My thoughts exactly - this all happened 14 years ago, so it really won't change anything. People say Green Day might change what they're doing because of the bad reception, but they didn't care then and they don't now. Things will go on exactly as they did last time.

My thoughts exactly - this all happened 14 years ago, so it really won't change anything. People say Green Day might change what they're doing because of the bad reception, but they didn't care then and they don't now. Things will go on exactly as they did last time.

so Green Day, rewriting the history?

well Green day probably rewriting history, Warning era, then Shenanigans, same as,, Triology, and then Demolicious, now get ready for a Big Bang!!

Demolicious is crap. Bad recording sound, bad production. It's called a demo for a reason. I don't even know why did they put the crappy 'stay the night' acoustic version on. Plus we would also miss lots of great trilogy songs that are not on Demolicious. The trilogy >>> Demolicious. I don't even know how can anyone who's not tone deaf think that Demolicious can be better than the Trilogy.

Archived