Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

If Demolicious was released instead of the trilogy...

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Jollyroger118

Jollyroger118
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Joined Jun 26, 2013
  • 202 rep

If Demolicious was released instead of the trilogy do you think things would have been different? Do you think it would have been better received by critics and fans or would have been come a hit?

WhiteTim

WhiteTim
  • Peacemaker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,557 posts
  • Joined May 16, 2010
  • 834 rep
If it was released like it was probally not sales wise I think already established fans would like it more

Sauli

Sauli
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts
  • Joined May 24, 2014
  • 374 rep

If Demolicious was released instead of the trilogy do you think things would have been different? Do you think it would have been better received by critics and fans or would have been come a hit?

no. Demolicious is good when compared with the Trilogy but it still isn't top quality work :P
Mostly average songs do not become magnificent with an alternative production.

Thats my opinion, at least. :P
  • Invention Convention likes this

Bastard of 1969

Bastard of 1969
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,854 posts
  • Joined Dec 18, 2012
  • 783 rep
  • Location:In the Her Great Majesty of Florence's kitchen, making Her dinner.

no. Demolicious is good when compared with the Trilogy but it still isn't top quality work :P
Mostly average songs do not become magnificent with an alternative production.

Thats my opinion, at least. :P

Oh god, those are demos.

Trilogy is master recording.

Sauli

Sauli
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts
  • Joined May 24, 2014
  • 374 rep

Oh god, those are demos.

Trilogy is master recording.

The point? I know they are demos. But I can't see why people suddenly praise those songs because of their demo versions :P
  • Travis. likes this

luv

luv
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts
  • Joined Feb 10, 2013
  • 509 rep

The point? I know they are demos. But I can't see why people suddenly praise those songs because of their demo versions :P

I am not sure of that - even the trilogy haters could probably salvage an album of songs they would be happy with as long as it had the rougher production. (I may get slammed for this comment though)

Maicon Cassio

Maicon Cassio
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts
  • Joined Aug 08, 2006
  • 616 rep

POPULAR

the trilogy problem wasn't the music but the lack of promotion due to Billie's issues and a bad choice for a lead single (Oh Love)

• Hermione, Cruise, Davis Weiss and 2 others like this

Sauli

Sauli
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts
  • Joined May 24, 2014
  • 374 rep
For me the production on the Trilogy was never a problem. Those songs just do nothing for me - but it is only my personal preference.
And those songs still do nothing for me when they have that so called rougher production.
  • rebel-without-a-clue likes this

Cath

Cath
  • stick it to the man

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,478 posts
  • Joined Nov 24, 2012
  • 3,943 rep

i heard oh love 10 times a day at job in summer 2012 no joke i don't think there was a lack of production

captain peroxide

captain peroxide
  • Unbowed. Unbent. Unbroken.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,770 posts
  • Joined Feb 20, 2007
  • 6,392 rep
This is the world I want to live in, the one where Demolicious would be called "The Shocker" and the Trilogy didn't exist.

Todd

Todd
  • Sweet and Sour Children

• 11,580 posts
  • Joined Mar 07, 2012
  • 5,143 rep

People would complain about how sloppy it is, not knowing how the trilogy would have turned out.

i heard oh love 10 times a day at job in summer 2012 no joke i don't think there was a lack of production

Lucky :P every time it came on the radio, my stepmom changed it. That was the first week it was out, before it was cool to hate it

Vic_Rattlehead

Vic_Rattlehead
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts
  • Joined Jul 03, 2011
  • 223 rep

You can't release demos as an LP, come on

• watchmefade92 likes this

WhiteTim

WhiteTim
  • Peacemaker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,557 posts
  • Joined May 16, 2010
  • 834 rep

Nirvana did lol (half of Bleach was first recorded as demos used because they did re record the songs but Chad (the new drummer) didn't play the songs as good as the drummer on the demo had played them)

Akshat Jain

Akshat Jain
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Joined Jun 04, 2014
  • 191 rep

well for this, not all songs on demolicious are cool, for some of them, i still prefer the triology parts. instead, when demolicious was announced, my hopes were high especially for Dream Catcher. but all we got was a bunch of demos, that were pretty good.!!

Skull Collision 21

Skull Collision 21
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Joined Sep 30, 2012
  • 92 rep
Demolicious is the perfect demo for what should have been a 15-17 song nimrod-like in production, mastered album. Demolicious makes the whole era more satisfying but also in a way even more frustrating because you can't enjoy the demos as much had it been mastered and completely new. Instead they were songs already multiple years old. And it's amazing to me uno dos and tre all have an average of four and a half stars on itunes. It should be more like 3-3+1/12 when you compare it to past work. But that almost seems like the point with the production. More people will appreciate it now because it's closest in production with their previous release, 21CB.

Advertising

luv

luv
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts
  • Joined Feb 10, 2013
  • 509 rep

Do you mean production or promotion. For sure before iheart I heard a trilogy song everyday on the radio.

Cath

Cath
  • stick it to the man

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,478 posts
  • Joined Nov 24, 2012
  • 3,943 rep

Do you mean production or promotion. For sure before iheart I heard a trilogy song everyday on the radio.

oh damn yes i meant promotion :P

• luv likes this

!

!
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts
  • Joined Aug 03, 2012
  • 379 rep

If Demolicious were released instead, people would've just picked something else to complain about. People say that they should've picked the best songs out of each album and gave us one, but what if they would've picked all the songs's that weren't well recieved? What if we would've gotten the Oh Love's, the Nightlife's, etc?  I'd rather have a selection to choose from, than what was given on demolicious. Either way, if Tre is an indication of the direction they're going in, then meh.

• Ham Sascale and Pat1308 like this

Overjoyyed

Overjoyyed
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts
  • Joined Oct 10, 2012
  • 513 rep
This feels like the same old tired conversation. No it wouldn't have done better. The Recordings were demos. I would doubt that they would have sold more than what uno sold if they only released one album,

TommyGun

TommyGun
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Joined Feb 27, 2013
  • 64 rep

I'd say that the trilogy era is over and we can't do anything about it, if demolicious would've bee released instead if the trilogy it most likely would have sold worse

it is the same discussion with cigarettes and valentines what if they had released it and not american idiot

for me, i'm satisfied with the way it turned out, same with uno dos tré :)

Not Anyone.

Not Anyone.
  • Akshat Jain's Comma Dealer

• 11,545 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 11,468 rep

One of Springsteen's most critically acclaimed and commercially successful albums says hi.
  • Céadóg likes this

Maicon Cassio

Maicon Cassio
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts
  • Joined Aug 08, 2006
  • 616 rep

If the trilogy had had a huge succes people will be complaining about the new poser fans that would be around

all the arguments used against the trilogy are the same as during the Warnin era, who lived it will remember, everybody complained about the clean guitars and sales wise.. just like if an album need to sold 10 million copies to be good. and here we are 15 years later and Warning sounds even better.

• Steven Seagull and SaintJimmy13 like this

SaintJimmy13

SaintJimmy13
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • Joined Jun 05, 2014
  • 81 rep

all the arguments used against the trilogy are the same as during the Warnin era,

My thoughts exactly - this all happened 14 years ago, so it really won't change anything. People say Green Day might change what they're doing because of the bad reception, but they didn't care then and they don't now. Things will go on exactly as they did last time.

• Maicon Cassio likes this

Akshat Jain

Akshat Jain
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Joined Jun 04, 2014
  • 191 rep

My thoughts exactly - this all happened 14 years ago, so it really won't change anything. People say Green Day might change what they're doing because of the bad reception, but they didn't care then and they don't now. Things will go on exactly as they did last time.

so Green Day, rewriting the history?

well Green day probably rewriting history, Warning era, then Shenanigans,  same as,, Triology, and then Demolicious, now get ready for a Big Bang!!

Steven Seagull

Steven Seagull
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts
  • Joined Dec 02, 2012
  • 1,232 rep

Demolicious is crap. Bad recording sound, bad production. It's called a demo for a reason. I don't even know why did they put the crappy 'stay the night' acoustic version on. Plus we would also miss lots of great trilogy songs that are not on Demolicious. The trilogy >>> Demolicious. I don't even know how can anyone who's not tone deaf think that Demolicious can be better than the Trilogy.

• Ham Sascale likes this

Crhristie road

Crhristie road
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Joined Apr 30, 2013
  • 29 rep

so Green Day, rewriting the history?

well Green day probably rewriting history, Warning era, then Shenanigans,  same as,, Triology, and then Demolicious, now get ready for a Big Bang!!

this has me interested now. if they are rewriting history, id say american idiot = dookie in the sense that they were both major mainstream albums. i would pinpoint 21cb to nimrod as they both have different stuff that is our if the norm for green day, and they both also spawned big radio "ballads"( don't crucify me for that one) and finally ,as previously stated, trilogy to warning, demolicious to shenanigans.

JOE THE X-KID

JOE THE X-KID
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts
  • Joined Feb 27, 2013
  • 1,282 rep

One of Springsteen's most critically acclaimed and commercially successful albums says hi.

Nebraska?

Demolicious is crap. Bad recording sound, bad production. It's called a demo for a reason. I don't even know why did they put the crappy 'stay the night' acoustic version on. Plus we would also miss lots of great trilogy songs that are not on Demolicious. The trilogy >>> Demolicious. I don't even know how can anyone who's not tone deaf think that Demolicious can be better than the Trilogy.

As a whole probably not but tracks such as 99 Revolutions, Missing You, Little Boy Named Train are arguably much better than the studio versions
  • Hermione, Doctor of Pepper and Not Anyone. like this

Akshat Jain

Akshat Jain
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Joined Jun 04, 2014
  • 191 rep

this has me interested now. if they are rewriting history, id say american idiot = dookie in the sense that they were both major mainstream albums. i would pinpoint 21cb to nimrod as they both have different stuff that is our if the norm for green day, and they both also spawned big radio "ballads"( don't crucify me for that one) and finally ,as previously stated, trilogy to warning, demolicious to shenanigans.

yup, hopes are getting high, their next album would be a bang on face of every pop lover, punk's gonna rule again. seriously 21CBD could be easily compared to nimrod. the RADIO HITS. and then this TRIOLOGY era... then a bit like Shenanigans, Demolicious,,, wonder if they release something more massive than AI ... Fingers crossed!!!!!

and and and, i think this time lyrics would be more matured and production would be the rawest ..!!!

• thatdude03 and Crhristie road like this

GugsGreenDay

GugsGreenDay
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Joined May 04, 2014
  • 64 rep

Demolicious is crap. Bad recording sound, bad
production. It's called a demo for a reason. I don't even know why did they put the crappy 'stay the night' acoustic version on. Plus we
would also miss lots of great trilogy songs that are not on Demolicious. The trilogy >>> Demolicious. I don't even know how can anyone who's not tone deaf think that Demolicious can be better than the Trilogy.

Agree!!

luv

luv
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts
  • Joined Feb 10, 2013
  • 509 rep

Agree!!

Trilogy love :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users