Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

A Brief History of Green Day

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Davis Weiss

Davis Weiss
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Joined May 25, 2012
  • 158 rep
Here's a cool video i found browsing around YouTube today. I especially like the rant about punk at the end. What do you guys think?

DookieLukie

DookieLukie
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,112 posts
  • Joined Sep 28, 2012
  • 1,055 rep

Ugh. Why does every person on Youtube feel the need to be forcibly goofy and ADHD?

• Matt., Sarcasm and Koal Koalson like this

Bastard of 1969

Bastard of 1969
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,248 posts
  • Joined Dec 18, 2012
  • 983 rep
  • Location:Somewhere over the country with financial problems and not so smart politicians

This is actually amazing.

BullwinkleCheech

BullwinkleCheech
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • Joined Jun 29, 2010
  • 102 rep

Honestly, that was just plain annoying

• Matt. and Koal Koalson like this

TommyGun

TommyGun
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Joined Feb 27, 2013
  • 64 rep

nice video but they should have said more about the time between dookie and american idiot

Sarcasm

Sarcasm
  • Panty Purée/Savior of Lives/Arse Doctor

• 15,988 posts
  • Joined Mar 18, 2009
  • 10,015 rep

nice video but they should have said more about the time between dookie and american idiot

I'll do it for you
"Greendaywasunderpressureafterthereleaseofdookiebeingcalledoutonnotbeingpunktheysmackedtogetherarecordwithamoreangrysoundcalledinsomniac. Insominac'ssuccesswasminorbutwasn'tbadlyrecieved. Thetourwaslargelyinfluencedbymethuseandinsomecasesviolence.2yearsafterInsomniactheywentbackintothestudiowithnosourcematerialwhatsoeverandcreatedNimrod. blblblblblblblbl. *awkward self aware pause thats slightly ironic, also it's supposed to be funny but it's not when it's repeated like 4 times in a 6 minute video* Nimrodsoldreallywellandthetoursbecamemorepeacefulandfocusedonmusicratherthansex,drugs&rock'n'roll.FollowingNimrodcameWarning.Analbum thebandproducedthemselves,somethingtheyhadneverdonebefore.Warningisaculthitwithintheworldofhardcoregreendayfansbutwasn'tbelovedbythecriticstoanyextent."

happy?

• Davis Weiss, DookieLukie and Bastard of 1969 like this

Davis Weiss

Davis Weiss
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Joined May 25, 2012
  • 158 rep
I totally get that the two people in it are super fast talkers and even though that's the point of these "A Brief History" videos they do sound annoying. I was posting this mainly for what they say about punk at the end.

Bastard of 1969

Bastard of 1969
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,248 posts
  • Joined Dec 18, 2012
  • 983 rep
  • Location:Somewhere over the country with financial problems and not so smart politicians

I'll do it for you
"Greendaywasunderpressureafterthereleaseofdookiebeingcalledoutonnotbeingpunktheysmackedtogetherarecordwithamoreangrysoundcalledinsomniac. Insominac'ssuccesswasminorbutwasn'tbadlyrecieved. Thetourwaslargelyinfluencedbymethuseandinsomecasesviolence.2yearsafterInsomniactheywentbackintothestudiowithnosourcematerialwhatsoeverandcreatedNimrod. blblblblblblblbl. *awkward self aware pause thats slightly ironic, also it's supposed to be funny but it's not when it's repeated like 4 times in a 6 minute video* Nimrodsoldreallywellandthetoursbecamemorepeacefulandfocusedonmusicratherthansex,drugs&rock'n'roll.FollowingNimrodcameWarning.Analbum thebandproducedthemselves,somethingtheyhadneverdonebefore.Warningisaculthitwithintheworldofhardcoregreendayfansbutwasn'tbelovedbythecriticstoanyextent."

happy?

2400429-1801939538-Close.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users