A Brief History of Green Day

Davis Weiss

Here's a cool video i found browsing around YouTube today. I especially like the rant about punk at the end. What do you guys think?

Ugh. Why does every person on Youtube feel the need to be forcibly goofy and ADHD?

nice video but they should have said more about the time between dookie and american idiot

nice video but they should have said more about the time between dookie and american idiot

I'll do it for you

"Greendaywasunderpressureafterthereleaseofdookiebeingcalledoutonnotbeingpunktheysmackedtogetherarecordwithamoreangrysoundcalledinsomniac. Insominac'ssuccesswasminorbutwasn'tbadlyrecieved. Thetourwaslargelyinfluencedbymethuseandinsomecasesviolence.2yearsafterInsomniactheywentbackintothestudiowithnosourcematerialwhatsoeverandcreatedNimrod. blblblblblblblbl. *awkward self aware pause thats slightly ironic, also it's supposed to be funny but it's not when it's repeated like 4 times in a 6 minute video* Nimrodsoldreallywellandthetoursbecamemorepeacefulandfocusedonmusicratherthansex,drugs&rock'n'roll.FollowingNimrodcameWarning.Analbum thebandproducedthemselves,somethingtheyhadneverdonebefore.Warningisaculthitwithintheworldofhardcoregreendayfansbutwasn'tbelovedbythecriticstoanyextent."

happy?

I totally get that the two people in it are super fast talkers and even though that's the point of these "A Brief History" videos they do sound annoying. I was posting this mainly for what they say about punk at the end.

I'll do it for you

"Greendaywasunderpressureafterthereleaseofdookiebeingcalledoutonnotbeingpunktheysmackedtogetherarecordwithamoreangrysoundcalledinsomniac. Insominac'ssuccesswasminorbutwasn'tbadlyrecieved. Thetourwaslargelyinfluencedbymethuseandinsomecasesviolence.2yearsafterInsomniactheywentbackintothestudiowithnosourcematerialwhatsoeverandcreatedNimrod. blblblblblblblbl. *awkward self aware pause thats slightly ironic, also it's supposed to be funny but it's not when it's repeated like 4 times in a 6 minute video* Nimrodsoldreallywellandthetoursbecamemorepeacefulandfocusedonmusicratherthansex,drugs&rock'n'roll.FollowingNimrodcameWarning.Analbum thebandproducedthemselves,somethingtheyhadneverdonebefore.Warningisaculthitwithintheworldofhardcoregreendayfansbutwasn'tbelovedbythecriticstoanyextent."

happy?

2400429-1801939538-Close.png

Archived