My Green Day Tatoo! :D

Lipilon

Just for you to understand how important this tatoo is to me, I'll give you a quick review of my story with Green Day.

It all started 6 years ago. I was 10 or 11 years old, and a friend of mine told me about this new awesome band he just had found, Green Day. He took his PSP and gave me his headsets. He clicked play and I started hearing this beautiful, and magical starting riff of "Wake me up when september ends". I loved it. You know, till that moment I hadn't really cared about music. Well, I heard music, but just as a hobby, and what I heard was mainly crap (I even heard some Justin Bieber, don't hate me). It was that day that I started thinking: "Wow, this is really amazing". So when I got home I started searching for more Green Day songs on Youtube. I think I heard American Idiot and Dookie (21stCB hadn't been released yet). It was that day that music started being part of my life, I couldn't live without it. And I just fell in love with Green Day; But haven't we all? :)

Let's jump to the 16 of May, 2009. I was 11 years old, my 12th birthday was in a couple of days. I came back from a football match with my friends, and when I got into my house, I saw my mum and sister crying. They softly told me that daddy, Sean Mullan, passed away last night in his sleep. I just stood still in that little chair, trying to realise what just had happened. It was like if someone had just trown me a cold jar of water, the truth came like a wrecking ball. My mum and dad were divorced, and 2 months had passed since I last saw him before dying. Some weeks later, we travelled from Spain to Ireland (His hometown) to scatter his ashes. It was a moment that I'll never forget. We said goodbye to daddy in a beautiful beatch in the north of Ireland. It was a really unique and touching moment when we all saw my sister getting into the water and trowhing the ashes in the water.

I never really talked about how I felt. I was like a locked door, with hundreds of things to say stucked in there, without knowing how to scape. Luckily, my mum decided to give me the help of a psychologhist, which was an amazing relief, trust me. It's something everyone should do. So, after all this, we get back to Green Day. I started listening to WMUWSE ALL the time, literally. And one day, surfing the internet, I founf the story behind it: Billie's dad died when he was very young. And once I realised it, every word of that song got so much meaning to me: It was like my story. Seeing Billie (Who with Mike and Tré was my idol) being such an amazing person, musician after suffering that, the same that happened to me, helped me going trough this. I decided to learn how to play the guitar just to play WMUWSE, and you know what? I've been playing it for 5 years now, and I formed a band with two friends of mine.

So some months ago, after seeing Green Day for the first time in my life (13th Of July 2013, Bilbao BBK Live festival) I decided to tatoo this prashe in my hand, just to never forget the strong connection I have with GD and to honour my dad, who I can tell you, was an amazing man. I'll always love him, no matter where he is.

If you have read all of my boring story, I hope you have enjoyed it. I'm sure you all have moments in which Green Day changed your life. This is just mine. Waiting to read yours guys :) Thank you. Always proud of being an Idiot. By the way, I would aprretiate it SOOO MUCH if you could message the photo below in instagram to Mike, Billie or tré! I want them to see it ^^ Thank you guys!

0c4a020b2b117bfabf693ec3fda65a86o.jpgClick here to see the tatoo in big

27f3f34d28b5f35c44982ec7c82cb0edo.jpgClick here to see me suffering in big!

55dcbdaed920cd8f4b094ea3204084dao.jpgClick here to see a photo of me getting tatooed in big!

(Sorry for linking my Instagram and Twitter but I couldn't realise how to post the pictures in big :S)

BIG BIG THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT! It really touched me in a way I can't describe, being part of this family is amazing. Love you all!

What is the quote?

(My phone not letting me open the picture bigger)

What is the quote?

(My phone not letting me open the picture bigger)

"As my memory rests but never forgets what I lost" :)

"As my memory rests but never forgets what I lost" :)

Cool

Sorry about your loss as well

Cool

Sorry about your loss as well

No problem bro, thx for the comment ^^

I'm sorry for your loss. :hug: nice story though. I've lost my ~passion for green day recently, but it's very nice seeing how their music helps people all the same :happy:

I'm sorry for your loss. :hug: nice story though. I've lost my ~passion for green day recently, but it's very nice seeing how their music helps people all the same :happy:

Hey! Thx for your nice comment :) I've had some times when I lost it too, but it always comes back hahaha :)

Always nice to read a story like this. Myself I've lost my passion for Green Day years ago. I'm still a huge fan but their recent albums have been not up my alley at all save a few tracks. Sorry for your loss though. All the best.

That story is wonderful. :)

anyway, about the topic of being a fan and losing passion, I don't think being a fan means you have that passion constantly. I think you would then anyway get an overdose of that band.

Like myself, the bands I love the most, like the Beatles, for example, there can be months when I don't listen to the at all. I can't imagine some band being a part of my image or something so radical. But I guess that is just my personal thing? . When I get into a band, the first like half year are like that, but after the situation has been normalised, then no.

Sorry off topic and sorry if my point is unclear :P

I'm sorry for your loss; your story is an example of why I believe music is so important in life. People say they music isn't really a thing for them, but that's just because they haven't found the right music.

I'm always thinking it tattooing something to honour my mother, but I never find what it will fit for her... Sorry for your loss and glad that you have found the correct tattoo for him.

That story is wonderful. :)

anyway, about the topic of being a fan and losing passion, I don't think being a fan means you have that passion constantly. I think you would then anyway get an overdose of that band.

Like myself, the bands I love the most, like the Beatles, for example, there can be months when I don't listen to the at all. I can't imagine some band being a part of my image or something so radical. But I guess that is just my personal thing? . When I get into a band, the first like half year are like that, but after the situation has been normalised, then no.

Sorry off topic and sorry if my point is unclear :P

hahahahaha no worries, I got your point! I had some months in which I woudln't hear GD neither, it ain't good, you can finish tired of it... But what can I say, they're my band :) ty for your comment! :)

I'm always thinking it tattooing something to honour my mother, but I never find what it will fit for her... Sorry for your loss and glad that you have found the correct tattoo for him.

Thank you :))

I'm sorry for your loss; your story is an example of why I believe music is so important in life. People say they music isn't really a thing for them, but that's just because they haven't found the right music.

Completely agree with every word you said. Ty for your comment, really appreciate it :)

Always nice to read a story like this. Myself I've lost my passion for Green Day years ago. I'm still a huge fan but their recent albums have been not up my alley at all save a few tracks. Sorry for your loss though. All the best.

Yeah, only Tré was a decent album of the triology in mi opinion... Thank you for your comment dude :) (By the way, best icon ever lol)

This is a lovely story. I'm sorry for your loss though. :(:hug:

Thank you dude! :)

:hug: this is touching, and this something nice to honor your dad :)

It had to be that song :) ty dude

really like your story, it's real, great to see if people have such relations with songs

Archived