Billie Joe & Avicii, Thoughts?

kiarakoval

I confess I had no idea who this guy was until now. I listened to him, but I'm not impressed. This collaboration could be awesome or could be terrible, but I'm open to it.

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i just want a regular gd album can bill work on that maybe

They released three albums a year and a half ago, they're having some time off and are nowhere near working on a new album yet, and Mike is definitely otherwise occupied. Do you really think this is going to hold up a new Green Day album in any way? It's just something he's doing in his spare time, if anything doing stuff like this will help inspire him when it comes to writing new Green Day stuff.

They released three albums a year and a half ago, they're having some time off and are nowhere near working on a new album yet, and Mike is definitely otherwise occupied. Do you really think this is going to hold up a new Green Day album in any way? It's just something he's doing in his spare time, if anything doing stuff like this will help inspire him when it comes to writing new Green Day stuff.

my comment didnt need an answer i just said what I would like im aware the members of the band have different agendas

I think you might be in the wrong place then :P

yea

I'm excited for this. Love to see BJ experimenting with different stuff lately. I've always wanted to hear him on the hook of a hip hop song (besides the Lonely Island) too.

This instantly reminds me of Billie's dubstep version of Waiting in Copenhagen. Anyway, I'm really excited about it even though it is almost

certainly going to disappoint me lol. I have a soft spot for Green Day.

I thought the Everly Brothers covers were spot on

They were copy/paste covers of songs from a musical genre that died with The Beatles. Musically they're solid, if uninspired, but who cares? The male/female Everly Brothers cover album idea wasn't even original.

I guess the man has got to make his money somehow!

I don't think it'll be too difficult to avoid, so I wouldn't worry too much about ear injuries.

what if it becomes a massive hit?

Hearing Billie's voice on the radio again would be fab :D

YAWN

after The Network, the musical (which was a decent rendition of AI) and a country album, this seems like the logical next step for Billie Joe....

[quote name="BadgerLALA" post="5670033" timestamp="14027638Remember Billie worked/featured with The Lonely Island :lol:

I'm glad because the featuring vocalists in his last album were unknown. I like Avicii.

I don't really think this will be good, but why should I give a fuck who Billie colabs with?

I'm glad because the featuring vocalists in his last album were unknown. I like Avicii.

I thought that was a pretty cool idea though, that way it could be judged on the quality of the music rather than who was performing.

I don't really think this will be good, but why should I give a fuck who Billie colabs with?

Because you're a Green Day fan?

I thought that was a pretty cool idea though, that way it could be judged on the quality of the music rather than who was performing.

Yes, it was. I've downloaded his 3 singles so far. Except for Aloe Blacc, I haven't heard of the other 2 vocalist anymore.

I guess the man has got to make his money somehow!

yeah i'm sure he definitely doesn't have enough as it is :lol:

Because you're a Green Day fan?

Being a Green Day fan doesn't mean you have to care about what the individual members do, especially if it's not something you'd normally be interested in.

yeah i'm sure he definitely doesn't have enough as it is :lol:

Yep - I'm sure he's in desperate need :lol:

I like this idea regardless if the collaboration would be released as a single or not. As has already been mentioned, it has been interesting to see this and his collaboration with Norah Jones. It seems Billie is comfortable with where he is right now, and these collaborations have no bearing on Green Day. Although I am open to another reinvention of what a Green Day album/song should or can sound like.

I only know one Avicii song but hey it could be good or really bad lets wait and see.

First I will have to listen to the song to say what I really think, But just to know this news I really don't care about it, I don't like that kind of music, but I respect to the people who do. But who knows, I really liked "I Run NY".

I'm excited to hear this song whenever it does come out :)

I don't know who Avicii is but I totally love this song

Avicii - Hey Brother (Lyric):

So excited for this! Go Billie

Archived