Billie Joe & Avicii, Thoughts?

kiarakoval

Where is it on that page?  I looked a few times on the track listing part of the page.  I saw the part at the beginning in the background, but that was it.   

I haven't been on in a few weeks, but I was looking forward to this.  Can only hope it comes out at some point. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stories_(Avicii_album)#Track_listing

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope we still get to hear the full studio version...I've been listening to that dodgy version for so long!

And to all the butthurt comments - song's already been written and recorded, whether we get to hear it or not. Billie's ~~*credibility*~~ as a super special serious musician is ruined either way. :D

wait...so it didn't even make the album? :lol:

don't know yet the guests haven't all been announced the title could've have been renamed 

• 2 weeks later...

Stream Avicii's New 'Stories' Album feat. Billie Joe Armstrong & More

And you might be happy to hear that Green Day icon Billie Joe Armstrong pops up on "No Pleasing a Woman." (WTF's with that title, though?)

http://www.fuse.tv/2015/10/stream-avicii-new-album-stories

Nothing but a lie!

Just to post the relevant quote:

You told Rolling Stone that you collaborated with Billie Joe Armstrong and Jon Bon Jovi. ­Will those songs come out on a later volume?

I haven’t decided if I’ll be releasing any of the unreleased tracks in the future, but it’s definitely a possibility!

Sounds like a small possibility to me :P 

What is this then?

This is a fan made video using a live recording of the song from an Avicii show last year...not the official track. May sound very different if it ever gets released.

This is a fan made video using a live recording of the song from an Avicii show last year...not the official track. May sound very different if it ever gets released.

I hate it when someone makes a song and then, to get views, he is Avicii or Tiesto...this has happened a lot of times now.

I hate it when someone makes a song and then, to get views, he is Avicii or Tiesto...this has happened a lot of times now.

But he's BadGuyOnTheStreet

But he's BadGuyOnTheStreet

Shhhh, he's going to noscope us with DAW...

• 6 months later...

Rumor has it that Avcii is releasing a new album at some point this year. Let's hope "No Pleasing a Woman" is on there.

41 minutes ago, Matt. said:

Rumor has it that Avcii is releasing a new album at some point this year. Let's hope "No Pleasing a Woman" is on there.

I was too late to the forum to get the general consensus of what everybody thought about the song. Im sure many green day fans didn't like it but I personally thought it had a lot of potential.

the recording on YouTube sounded like it was live. It was poorly recorded. I feel like a touched up version of what I heard would actually be a pretty good song.

as for it being on Avicci's new album, does anyone know why it was left off the album in the first place?

1 hour ago, XxXxXxXxX said:

as for it being on Avicci's new album, does anyone know why it was left off the album in the first place?

From what I know he had more songs than he needed for one album and had to choose which ones would actually be on it. I think it simply didn't make the cut. I hope it'll actually be released this year though, I think it would be interesting to hear a studio version of it as opposed to the live one. 

It sounded like an average contemporary pop/dance song. Nothing to rave about but not totally shitty either. 

I really didn't like it. Billie's vocals sounded unnatural and obnoxious and the instrumental was forgettable. :P

33 minutes ago, Alan86 said:

Didn't Avicii announce his retirement a few weeks back

Only from live shows. He will continue to produce new music, he just won't perform it live anymore.

Archived