Billie Joe & Avicii, Thoughts?

kiarakoval

I would probably look at the first couple pages of this thread.

And to rehash: "Kill the DJ" is not about DJs. DJ is a stand in for media. Since when have Billie's lyrics been literal?

Sigh... I didn't want to read through the entire thread.

also it was a joke.

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sigh... I didn't want to read through the entire thread.

also it was a joke.

Don't worry, Matt is impervious to all known forms of humour.

My ears start bleeding everytime I hear this track.

Gosh... not my favourite style... not my style at all... unless I am drunk or stoned and in good company on the dance floor... unlikely, but why not... good for dancing, and then forget about it again... best for hopalong! :dance: This is really catchy music for consuming and throwing away (or throwing up...). :bad:

My ears start bleeding everytime I hear this track.

i honestly forgot about this LOL

• 1 month later...

So the track listing for Avicii's new album Stories has just been released and Billie's track 'No Pleasing A Woman' doesn't seem to be on there, unless the title has changed. No 'featuring' info up there yet.....

I actually liked the sound of the song. It was definitely a beautiful song!!

So the track listing for Avicii's new album Stories has just been released and Billie's track 'No Pleasing A Woman' doesn't seem to be on there, unless the title has changed. No 'featuring' info up there yet.....

:( 

Have to admit I'm a bit disappointed about this- would've been interesting. But then I'm a gay and like going out for a bit of a dance now and then ;)

That's really a bummer... I don't think it was re-named or anything because all the songs on the track list have artist credits listed including the ones we had heard about by Chris Martin and Bon Jovi and all those guys :(  I wonder why Billie's got cut... it sounded awesome to me.  Maybe they'll still release it as a bonus track but still this is pretty disappointing to me.

Has anyone made a lame "wake up me when it's all over at the end of September" joke yet? 

That's really a bummer... I don't think it was re-named or anything because all the songs on the track list have artist credits listed including the ones we had heard about by Chris Martin and Bon Jovi and all those guys :(  I wonder why Billie's got cut... it sounded awesome to me.  Maybe they'll still release it as a bonus track but still this is pretty disappointing to me.

where did you see the artists credits? Thanks

Aww :( this is so disappointing. I really hope it will be released as a b-side or bonus track.

There was an article quite recently where Tim Berling stated he was really "excited with the collaborations especially with Armstrong", how he loved his work with the Green Day singer, but didn't know what to do with it yet. It's all here: http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/227893/20150806/avicii-new-album.htm

How about putting the song on the album then?  I still hope that maybe he plans something special with it!

where did you see the artists credits? Thanks

It's on Avicii's album's wiki page.  

Has anyone made a lame "wake up me when it's all over at the end of September" joke yet? 

not until this post 

It didn't sound that good. it's difficult to judge from the recording we heard but I'm not too surprised it didn't make the cut. 

Hopefully this wasn't said already, but I saw somewhere that Avicii wrote like 70 songs for this album, and that songs had to be cut even though he really liked them. He said that if his new album does well then he will release a follow up album with songs that got cut

It's on Avicii's album's wiki page.  

Where is it on that page?  I looked a few times on the track listing part of the page.  I saw the part at the beginning in the background, but that was it.   

I haven't been on in a few weeks, but I was looking forward to this.  Can only hope it comes out at some point. 

Archived