Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

What Do You Hate Most About the World?

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

Thisnamehasnoreason

Thisnamehasnoreason
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Joined Mar 11, 2011
  • 99 rep
What is the worst thing you can think of about modern society? Please leave an example. Rants are welcome. P.s. I feel the worst thing about society is how oblivious tweenagers are to reality im worried when im old and green day is gone ill be stuck with only stupid people to take care of me and remixed auto tuned crap to listen to.

Amanda

Amanda
  • Loved Very Much by Joey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,430 posts
  • Joined Apr 08, 2005
  • 8,044 rep

POPULAR

If you feel that's the worst thing about society, then it's not only "tweenagers" who are oblivious.
  • ifmemoryserves, Yussef, johndorkian and 4 others like this

Sofouska

Sofouska
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,422 posts
  • Joined Aug 13, 2010
  • 900 rep

POPULAR

What I hate the most is most humans, really. On the one hand, you get brilliant musicians, writers, poets and painters, but on the other hand, you get the rest of the world. Some of them are equally great people, living their life, prividing for their families, but a lot of them are idiots, a huge tragicomic theatre where people pretend to be things they aren't and constantly judge others and intrude their life without being asked to. They never use the brain they were gifted with, they respect nothing, count happiness with money and fun with insults. Their never think a little deeper; their deepest thought is how they will look good enough and rich enough. 

Then, another thing I hate as much, is our attitude towards nature. Nature is brilliant, okay? Everything, from a bee to a bear works perfectly in their own ecosystem, without ruining everything else. But we have to ruin everything, don't we? Except from pollution and forest destruction, we never quite understand that we're a part of nature, not something different. We kill animals and think of them as inferior, while the bee community is more efficient than ours and a lot of people behave worse than animals. 

• Amanda, Katarina., GreenDayfann and 5 others like this

Liam

Liam
  • Mentally Deficient Seal

• 9,147 posts
  • Joined Feb 17, 2009
  • 3,398 rep

People who post non-Green Day related things in Green Day Chat.

• Darth Praxus and Morrissey. like this

Akshat Jain

Akshat Jain
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Joined Jun 04, 2014
  • 285 rep

i just hate the fact that... a very few people got that big share of double cheese pizza, while about 97% of them are enjoying just a slice of it!! :(   :cry:   :ermm:

• The Disappearing Boy and Snows like this

luv

luv
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,615 posts
  • Joined Feb 10, 2013
  • 622 rep

What I hate the most is most humans, really. On the one hand, you get brilliant musicians, writers, poets and painters, but on the other hand, you get the rest of the world. Some of them are equally great people, living their life, prividing for their families, but a lot of them are idiots, a huge tragicomic theatre where people pretend to be things they aren't and constantly judge others and intrude their life without being asked to. They never use the brain they were gifted with, they respect nothing, count happiness with money and fun with insults. Their never think a little deeper; their deepest thought is how they will look good enough and rich enough. 

Then, another thing I hate as much, is our attitude towards nature. Nature is brilliant, okay? Everything, from a bee to a bear works perfectly in their own ecosystem, without ruining everything else. But we have to ruin everything, don't we? Except from pollution and forest destruction, we never quite understand that we're a part of nature, not something different. We kill animals and think of them as inferior, while the bee community is more efficient than ours and a lot of people behave worse than animals. 

I don't know - I think that's a blanket view of people - in Australia over recent years we have experienced a lot of
Natural disasters - it is heartwarming how communities came together, got stuck in offering help, material possessions & money. These situations restore your faith. Mate helping mate but it most situations we didn't know who we were helping.

^^ sorry my iPad is not quoting.

Sofouska

Sofouska
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,422 posts
  • Joined Aug 13, 2010
  • 900 rep

I don't know - I think that's a blanket view of people - in Australia over recent years we have experienced a lot of
Natural disasters - it is heartwarming how communities came together, got stuck in offering help, material possessions & money. These situations restore your faith. Mate helping mate but it most situations we didn't know who we were helping.

^^ sorry my iPad is not quoting.

That's why I said most people and not all people. Suggesting that all people are terrible would be a big fat lie, but I think that a lot of them nowadays are crappy, in the ways that I described.

Ritz

Ritz
  • I am the motherfucking best- Mike Dirnt.

• 12,121 posts
  • Joined Mar 27, 2012
  • 7,502 rep

Everything, kinda?

Right now, what I am hating the most is how familial relationships doesn't mean crap to people.

Céadóg

Céadóg
  • Fucking say it

• 17,929 posts
  • Joined Sep 11, 2012
  • 20,618 rep

The Trilogy.

• The Disappearing Boy, Darth Praxus and StuckWithDom like this

Sauli

Sauli
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Joined May 24, 2014
  • 1,718 rep

The Trilogy.

"Don't look away from the arms of a bad dream"

:P

Hermione

Hermione
  • Soggy Dream

• 27,726 posts
  • Joined Jan 09, 2008
  • 10,404 rep

What is the worst thing you can think of about modern society? Please leave an example. Rants are welcome. P.s. I feel the worst thing about society is how oblivious tweenagers are to reality im worried when im old and green day is gone ill be stuck with only stupid people to take care of me and remixed auto tuned crap to listen to.

Every generation since society has existed has thought the next generation is stupid/the worst ever. It's just an illusion! 

• Darth Praxus and Iva like this

Sauli

Sauli
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Joined May 24, 2014
  • 1,718 rep

Every generation since society has existed has thought the next generation is stupid/the worst ever. It's just an illusion! 

that. And if it wasn't so the world wouldn't improve at all. Stuff like science and minority rights are basically just that. People back then though that the worlds is gonna be ruined when those people grow old since they had different and new ideas. That is just how it works.
  • Hermione likes this

Iva

Iva
  • Central to Nowhere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,707 posts
  • Joined May 22, 2013
  • 4,122 rep

People filled with nothing but hate, attitude problems and complexes.

Also, tweenagers is a term invented by marketing departments of big companies. Don't go for it. 

Morrissey.

Morrissey.
  • Bumbledore of Hogfarts

• 17,145 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 18,195 rep

I'm not entirely sure it is, y'know :P

GreenDayBass

GreenDayBass
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 3,347 posts
  • Joined Aug 23, 2006
  • 2,125 rep

Greed, pretty much. Selfishness in its entirety as a whole.

• Iva likes this

Advertising

SaintJimmy13

SaintJimmy13
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,382 posts
  • Joined Jun 05, 2014
  • 1,300 rep

The fact that governments nowadays generally believe that their job is to maximise GDP instead of looking after the people who elected them.

• Morrissey. likes this

Morrissey.

Morrissey.
  • Bumbledore of Hogfarts

• 17,145 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 18,195 rep

Greed, pretty much. Selfishness in its entirety as a whole.

I'm surprised you didn't say Chat.

For me, it's money. Everything to do with it is a terrible idea and brings out the absolute worst in human nature on a regular basis. If it didn't exist we probably wouldn't have poverty, people dying of incurable illnesses, war or many of the things that stress so many people out daily.

• GreenDayBass and Iva like this

GreenDayBass

GreenDayBass
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 3,347 posts
  • Joined Aug 23, 2006
  • 2,125 rep

I'm surprised you didn't say Chat.

For me, it's money. Everything to do with it is a terrible idea and brings out the absolute worst in human nature on a regular basis. If it didn't exist we probably wouldn't have poverty, people dying of incurable illnesses, war or many of the things that stress so many people out daily.

Hahahhahahahhahahhahhahahhahahhahahahhahahahhaha. Me too.

I agree with you on money as a whole as well. I just really dislike the idea and generaltionzaoionoinon (I'm lazy to fix that up) that money has to be involved in every little thing we do. The world seems to revolve around it and can't live without it. Seem to me as if it's the most important thing people rely on all the time.

• Morrissey. likes this

Sofouska

Sofouska
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,422 posts
  • Joined Aug 13, 2010
  • 900 rep

Money itself, as a concept, is useful, we're the ones who have lost our humanity. How many doctors would treat some poor patients for free? I'm glad we don't have to use apples and cattle as a currency, but this? Everything is run by money, even feelings apparently.

Morrissey.

Morrissey.
  • Bumbledore of Hogfarts

• 17,145 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 18,195 rep

How many doctors would treat some poor patients for free?

If there was no such thing as money then they wouldn't refuse to do something based on the lack of it. Imagine being the only person in the world with money, and no one else having any interest in it. How useless would that be?

• GreenDayBass likes this

Big Cheese

Big Cheese
  • Generator

• 3,959 posts
  • Joined Nov 04, 2011
  • 1,729 rep

If I wrote out everything I didn't like about modern society, this would be way too long, and I don't feel like writing such a long, rambling post. :P

• Morrissey. likes this

Kayfabe

Kayfabe
  • syllables, killaholic

• 14,611 posts
  • Joined Jun 20, 2009
  • 3,100 rep

When you're old, people that you're in the care of listening to shitty music won't be your problem. People you're in the care of neglecting, or otherwise outright mistreating/abusing/beating you is what your problem might be.

In case you needed your day brightened.

Sauli

Sauli
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Joined May 24, 2014
  • 1,718 rep
Anyway nearly everyone when they are old, thinks the new music is shitty and new culture is weird.

Sorry I'm cynical. Though modern chart music truly sucks :P
  • The Disappearing Boy likes this

Darth Praxus

Darth Praxus
  • Blasphemy Chickenstrips

• 3,537 posts
  • Joined Sep 27, 2012
  • 5,101 rep

POPULAR

Ignorance and bigotry, particularly those that are born of religion and superstition.
  • GreenDayBass, The Disappearing Boy, Hermione and 3 others like this

Akshat Jain

Akshat Jain
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Joined Jun 04, 2014
  • 285 rep

"Don't look away from the arms of a bad dream"

:P

Where the fuck is your old gang.. OLD MAN!!!... in your dreams i guess :woot:   :eyebrows: 

Morrissey.

Morrissey.
  • Bumbledore of Hogfarts

• 17,145 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 18,195 rep

Ignorance and bigotry, particularly those that are born of religion and superstition.

Oh, that's a good one. And "tradition."

GugsGreenDay

GugsGreenDay
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • Joined May 04, 2014
  • 72 rep
I hate moderators who are God ... :)

And I hate these politicians in this country who live

spark in the night

spark in the night
  • ◊∴◊ 400⋅LUX ◊∴◊

• 29,919 posts
  • Joined Jul 15, 2005
  • 3,022 rep

1. We are controlled and oppressed by an elite group of powers that control how we live and dumb us down from birth in order to hide us from the truth. This extends down to the medicines we're injected with, the food that we consume, the water we drink, the "knowledge" we are taught in school, and the slave labor that dictates our lifestyles and choices and prohibits us from enjoying this beautiful earth and seeing everything within and outside ourselves.

2. The world is full of idiots who think only of themselves. Like those who don't use turn signals.

Morrissey.

Morrissey.
  • Bumbledore of Hogfarts

• 17,145 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 18,195 rep

I hate moderators who are God ... :)

What do you mean? :lol:

Hermione

Hermione
  • Soggy Dream