what's your reaction when you hear Green Day on the radio?

SfarrInsomniac

Today, its really hard to find the kind of music you actually WANT to listen to. I am constantly scanning the radio stations every 30 seconds (and it drives my mom crazy) to find something. Hey, you cabt blame a girl for tryin?. Anyways, so whenever i find a green day song, i turn it up and yell "YEAH BABYYYY"?(once again my mom thinks im insane) But yeah its just really exciting!!?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I typically only listen to the Radio if I'm in the car, which I do a lot of. It makes me happy to hear Green Day. Most of the time I hear songs that I can tolerate, every know and then a song I really like. It's rare that I hear a song I love or a song from one of my favorite bands. It's a nice change being able to hear Green Day, and I get this weird sense of joy knowing it's being aired for a lot of other people to listen to as well. Sometimes I like to think there's a young kid listening to the radio at the same time as me, hearing Basket Case or Boulevard of Broken Dreams and falling in love with the band.

This is the story of my life☺

Maybe other people from the province of Quebec can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure I heard a commercial on the radio two weeks ago which was using Know Your Enemy as background music. It was only a instrumental version, no singing. The commercial was about Énergie Cardio, which is a gym. It was weird. I only heard it once while I was in my car going to work early in the morning.

The only time I was really excited about green day on the radio is when I was in Texas and some random little station played Nightlife. I like nightlife but who plays it on the radio?

When I hear them on the radio, I wish it were a different song. Something like Working Class Hero or the Saints are Coming.

I only have the radio on twice a day for about half an hour each time and hear them several times a week. Usually it's American Idiot, Basket Case, Longview, When I Come Around, or Good Riddance. (I think I heard their Working Class Hero once). Limited list but at least they're playing them. Other bands played on this station incl. Sublime, PUSA, Offspring, Shihad, Blink-182, Nirvana, Linkin Park, Chevelle.

There's another station here I've never listened to that has this huge billboard around town advertising their music. IIRC Beyonce, Jay-Z, Katy Perry, idk who else, Miley?. Green Day is on the list. Bizarre.

• 2 weeks later...

The only time I was really excited about green day on the radio is when I was in Texas and some random little station played Nightlife. I like nightlife but who plays it on the radio?

That's fucked

I heard Brain Stew on the radio the other day with my buddy who's just as big of a fan and we jokingly said Jaded would come next and it did. I was shocked because it's a mainstream station owned by iheart.

Just the other day, I'd had an argument with both my bf, and my mum within an hour or so of each other. While I was in my car, on my way to do errands, still upset, I heard BOBD and then on another station a few minutes later, Good Riddance. Made me feel a lot better. It's just weird b/c every time I seem to have a bad day and don't have any music handy I hear them on the radio. It's magical and it makes me happy.

Well Holiday is on the radio right now and I freaked out. Waiting to be pissed off when they inevitably censor Sieg Heil.

They censor that? I don't remember it being censored in the U.S.

They censor that? I don't remember it being censored in the U.S.

They used to at least, yeah. But "fags" was ok apparently. Britain...

They used to at least, yeah. But "fags" was ok apparently. Britain...

It's been so long since I listened to the radio that I have no idea what they allow and what they don't..... I do remember that they never censored "smells like shiiiiiit" in Longview because he dragged the word out so long it doesn't even sound like a word :lol:

• 1 month later...

Went to gym this arvo first song on the way was hitchin a ride & first song home was when I come around - celebrated with cake for dinner

• 1 month later...

The other day I was at a friend's place and we were all playing CoD. The friend I was playing with doesn't know me all that well. Anyway in the middle of the round When I Come Around came on the radio and I sang the whole thing very passionately. After it was over he turns to me and says, "So I guess you listen to Green Day."

Lately i've been listening to the Lithium channel on SiriusXM. (90's rock) Occasionally they play tracks from Green Day, and every time I'm driving, I scream "YEAHH!!!" put the windows down, blast the music, and jam out! :bunny:

If I'm alone I'd probably turn up the volume, listen out the song and wait to hear the DJ's comment afterwards, then move on.
If I'm with others I'll usually just ignore it and quietly enjoy the fact that they are on the radio, yet some of my closer friends will always make sure to point out if Green Day is mentioned anywhere in any way.

• 3 weeks later...

Everyday I am hearing either BOBD or when I come around - getting a littler pissed off - surely they have other gd songs .......

Lately i've been listening to the Lithium channel on SiriusXM. (90's rock) Occasionally they play tracks from Green Day, and every time I'm driving, I scream "YEAHH!!!" put the windows down, blast the music, and jam out! :bunny:

Do you listen to Faction channel as well? I know once they put Jason Ellis in charge, he started playing green day pretty frequently (along with more bullshit, but yay green day lol).

I was finally able to live out my childhood dream of driving my car while yelling along to Holiday! It felt like I was in the music video :rolleyes:

The problem I have with Lithium is that they play Basket Case 10,000 times a day and then will occasionally throw in Walking Contradiction. But I do love that they have started to put 2015 Rock Hall Inductee under their name.

Do you listen to Faction channel as well? I know once they put Jason Ellis in charge, he started playing green day pretty frequently (along with more bullshit, but yay green day lol).

I was finally able to live out my childhood dream of driving my car while yelling along to Holiday! It felt like I was in the music video :rolleyes:

What channel is the Faction channel? The 90's station and the 2000's station will also play them alot.

I plan to extend my membership before April because I figured that the Rock Hall station has to stream the induction ceremony. During that, I will be jumping, screaming, crying, etc.

They don't play GD, but Alt Nation is a really cool station.

Looks like I need to start listening to the Faction channel then! ;) haha

The problem I have with Lithium is that they play Basket Case 10,000 times a day and then will occasionally throw in Walking Contradiction. But I do love that they have started to put 2015 Rock Hall Inductee under their name.

What channel is the Faction channel? The 90's station and the 2000's station will also play them alot.

I plan to extend my membership before April because I figured that the Rock Hall station has to stream the induction ceremony. During that, I will be jumping, screaming, crying, etc.

Yeah, I actually don't even really like the lithium channel, but I only listen because they play Green Day and a few other good bands. I just can't stand grunge. And you're right, they play Basket Case way too much. Whaaaat! I didn't even know there was a Rock Hall station! Thanks for telling me, i'll definitely check it out. I think Green Day seriously deserves their own channel on Sirius.

Faction is channel 41. Lately it's been less music and more motocross/mma/talkshow stuff but they have sessions dedicated to punk music such as Marky Ramone's Punk Rock Blitzkrieg.

There's a R&RH channel??! Where is that? lol

Archived