what's your reaction when you hear Green Day on the radio?

SfarrInsomniac

I heard a Green Day song on the radio for the first time in ages on my way to work today. Basket Case. I love that song. Turned it up and sang along. Last one I heard was 21 Guns. My husband hates Green Day, he was in the car and went to turn it off. i told him if he did I'd divorce him..... :eyebrows:

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just a bit surprised that most of you never heard a lot of different GD's songs on the radio. In Montreal, I've heard all the GD's singles on the radio, except those from the trilogy (only heard Oh! Love, Kill the DJ and The Forgotten). I do listen to the radio a lot, but it isn't always by choice. Anyway, some radio stations here in Montreal are great while others are annoying. For example, Chom FM is great because it airs songs from Dookie, Nimrod and Insomniac (I heard 3 times Geek Stink Breath during the same day like 2 weeks ago). On the other hand, NRJ does aired GD's singles, but they have been cut to last only 2 minutes. NRJ isn't airing the original radio edit songs anymore.

Depends on the song. Triple M (rock station) will play Green Day somewhat often, usually out of WICA, Basket Case, American Idiot, and Boulevard. Or the occasional Warning, WMUWSE, Minority, KYN, WTP, or Longview. I've also heard them play JOS, Hitchin A Ride and Brain Stew a couple of times and LOTAG once. They used to play Oh Love/EJN/21 Guns when they came out as well. Other than there's a 90s-10s pop station that plays Good Riddance once in a while.

The past 3 days I've heard Green Day on the radio once a day, When I Come Around, Brain Stew, and She. Has anyone ever heard Geek Stink Breath or Stuck with Me?

So they are playing WICA on a easy listening station now lol

I often hear Green Day songs coming from the warehouse of the furniture store where I work. If I have time, I stop and listen, maybe sing along a little. I have been known to drift back into the warehouse to have a proper listen. Everyone knows what a fan I am am and often will give me a thumbs-up if they see me there. If I am busy with a customer, I can't do all that, but I bet they wonder what my sudden little smile is all about.

When I hear them on the radio, I think: Wow, somebody remembered them...

I listen to Sirius radio and the Lithium station tends to play them a fair amount. But whenever they come on I gasp from excitement and crank the volume up. On Lithium I've heard them play Burnout, Longview, Welcome To Paradise, Basket Case, She, When I Come Around, Coming Clean, FOD, Brain Stew, Nice Guys Finish Last, Hitchin' A Ride, Redundant, Warning, Waiting and Minority.

I listen to Sirius radio and the Lithium station tends to play them a fair amount. But whenever they come on I gasp from excitement and crank the volume up. On Lithium I've heard them play Burnout, Longview, Welcome To Paradise, Basket Case, She, When I Come Around, Coming Clean, FOD, Brain Stew, Nice Guys Finish Last, Hitchin' A Ride, Redundant, Warning, Waiting and Minority.

Yeah, I listen to Lithium too. I've only heard Brain Stew, Good Riddance, WICA, and She in the past week, but I can't stand Pearl Jam, Smashing Pumpkins, or Bush, and those are always on so I turn it off a lot. But I'll try to keep it on more, it'd be awesome to hear Burnout, FOD, Waiting, Nice Guys, or Coming Clean

Yeah, I listen to Lithium too. I've only heard Brain Stew, Good Riddance, WICA, and She in the past week, but I can't stand Pearl Jam, Smashing Pumpkins, or Bush, and those are always on so I turn it off a lot. But I'll try to keep it on more, it'd be awesome to hear Burnout, FOD, Waiting, Nice Guys, or Coming Clean

I ALWAYS hear Smashing Pumpkins and Pearl Jam. UGH.

I ALWAYS hear Smashing Pumpkins and Pearl Jam. UGH.

I have no idea what channel right now, but Red Tide is playing on my Uncle's Sirius app!

I have no idea what channel right now, but Red Tide is playing on my Uncle's Sirius app!

Red Tide...? Oh wow!!! Over here they know nothing about the Foxies... :(

That's awesome :o. I love that song. Definitely my favourite off of that record.

You can't stand Pearl Jam?

You can't stand Pearl Jam?

Nope, sorry. They have only one song that I kinda like, but I can't stand any other singles.

I generally don't listen to the radio (nor watch TV) nowadays, so the only time I heard Green Day on the 'radio' really was when I was eating at this beef bowl store and Oh Love came in. (Note: this was before Uno was released.) My reaction: "WTF? Green Day?!"

Well Holiday is on the radio right now and I freaked out. Waiting to be pissed off when they inevitably censor Sieg Heil.

• 2 weeks later...

They play good riddance all the time on of the few rock channels we have. I think they have some "classic" list running on replay, it's been played 3 times today already.

Even if they lack imagination when it comes to Green Day, it's always nice hearing them on the radio. Me happy. :)

I typically only listen to the Radio if I'm in the car, which I do a lot of. It makes me happy to hear Green Day. Most of the time I hear songs that I can tolerate, every know and then a song I really like. It's rare that I hear a song I love or a song from one of my favorite bands. It's a nice change being able to hear Green Day, and I get this weird sense of joy knowing it's being aired for a lot of other people to listen to as well. Sometimes I like to think there's a young kid listening to the radio at the same time as me, hearing Basket Case or Boulevard of Broken Dreams and falling in love with the band.

• 1 month later...

Archived