what's your reaction when you hear Green Day on the radio?

SfarrInsomniac

There's a R&RH channel??! Where is that? lol

Whaaaat! I didn't even know there was a Rock Hall station! Thanks for telling me, i'll definitely check it out.

The Rock Hall Channel is 310. I just looked up the difference in the regular subscription and the all access. It is only a $35 a year difference. And with all access, you get internet listening as well. Sounds like a good deal

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't listen to radio that much. I have a glove-box overflowing with cds, most of which are Green Day (and a little disc called Money Money 2020 by some other band). But I do get the urge every now and then to call and request seldom heard Green Day songs. Like others have said, you really only hear a few of their songs on the radio. Broken Dreams and When I Come Around. I heard Geek Stink Breathe the other day. If you are really lucky, Basketcase, She, or one of the other American Idiot singles.

Out of 40+ singles, these are the only one's I've ever heard on the radio:

1. Longview
  2. Welcome To Paradise
  3. Basketcase
  4. When I Come Around
  5. She
  6. Geek Stink Breathe
  7. Brainstew/Jaded
  8. Hitchin' A Ride
  9. Good Riddance
  10. American Idiot
  11. Broken Dreams
  12. Holiday
  13. Oh Love (only a few times)
  14. Let Yourself Go (only a few times)

Anyway, to get back on topic: My reaction to hearing them on the radio is that I would prefer another song by them to be playing, instead of When I Come Around for the 8 Batrillionth time. Looking at the list I made and common knowledge tell me radio plays only the biggest hits, which makes sense. But 40+ hits and I hear maybe 2-3 of them on a regular basic on the radio. We should all call our Radio stations and make a lesser known Green Day song just dominate! Now to find a track we could all agree on.......

So today at work, (I work at a daycare and we're allowed to listen to the radio) Basket Case came on. This one adorable 3 year old started running around, head banging and dancing! He said he liked the song. Haha! It was the cutest thing.

I feel satisfied. Listening to the radio is equivalent to hearing impairment nowadays so it's nice to hear Green Day from time to time.

Well, the first time I heard Green Day's live album On the Radio was basically, "Well, this isn't bad. But hey, it was a long time ago. There's even a good cover here!"
Oh, wait. Songs. I don't listen to the radio much, but I remember hearing Wake Me Up When September ends in a Lund's or something.
I also heard Weezer's Only In Dreams on the radio the other day, if that means anything.

While of course i always hear the singles there were two times that i heard awesomely rare ones...Peacemaker and Prostetic Head!! and on regular radio too not even sirius or Pandora or anything like that. anyone else ever hear rarfe stuff like that?

• 2 months later...

Apparently I stand there with my mouth hanging open clutching my chest. Lol, Stray Heart is on the mizak at work now.

• 2 weeks later...

Heard Holiday in a bookstore yesterday

That's cool, I've only ever heard Wake Me Up When September Ends. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I don't listen to radio but my mum called me when 21 guns was played :happy: After the song they said something about Green Day and the HOF.

I was just happy to hear it, no freak-out ;)

I think 21 guns (twice) and maybe BOBD are the only songs they've played in the last month.

Archived