what's your reaction when you hear Green Day on the radio?

SfarrInsomniac

I was really bored and I'm an Insomniac , so I had nothing to do but make a new topic I know it's not amazing but I was just trying to make a topic that wasn't similar to any of the topics already here.

every topic I've made so far has been merged so let's see how this works out. :)

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not much of one to be honest if I happen to enjoy the particular Green Day song that is being played I'll just enjoy the song. But to be honest 9/10 if Green Day is being aired its Good Riddance or 21 Guns or something of the like that is overplayed. (Not implying that they are terrible songs, just that personally certain songs that are overplayed lose their appeal to me.)

I usually don't listen to radio and when I do they very rarely play Green Day.

Rarely listen to radio. When I do have it on, it's usually Good Riddance or BOBD. Heard American Idiot on a few weeks ago, which I'd never heard on the radio before.

I only listen to the radio in the car - if GD come on the radio & I have reached my destination I wait until the song has finished.

Turn it loud!

but is is most of the time BOBD which i don't like.

I'll make it louder but i usually don't listen to the radio very often

but what makes me happy is when they play stray heart on the radio

If I hear them on the radio it means I'm in the car and everyone has to stop talking while I turn it up loud and squeal and sing along and dance and make the car jiggle around dangerously until it is over. This annoys my husband immensely.

Either last November, or last December, the power was out, so we were listening to the radio, and I heard BOBD twice. I like the song, but it wasn't too exciting.

Last February, however, I heard "Welcome to Paradise" on Super Bowl Sunday, and so I was pretty ecstatic. (Maybe I was just in a super ecstatic mood because it was kitty half-time). :lol:

Then some other random day in March, I heard Longview on the radio, and I was like... "Ooh, turn it up!" :woot:

Lastly, on the way home from the beach at the end of May, I was listening to my MP3 player, and I was oblivious as to what was on the car radio, but I was listening to "When I Come Around".

When it ended, in that little bit of silence, I heard on the car radio that "When I Come Around" was just ending. :blink: My mom was like, "Oh, I thought you heard, I turned it up for you."

How ironic, huh? I still can't get over that.

When it's an older song I go "Cool!" and turn it up. If it's a trilogy song, I change the radio station.

I've heard a ridiculous amount of Green Day songs on the radio, even some deeper cuts. I've heard Longview, Basket Case, She, When I Come Around, Brain Stew, Good Riddance, Warning, American Idiot, Holiday, Boulevard of Broken Dreams, Wake Me Up When September Ends, Whatsername, Mother Mary, 21st Century Breakdown, Know Your Enemy, 21 Guns, Good Riddance (Live in Awesome as Fuck), Let Yourself Go, Oh Love, and The Forgotten.

I've heard a ridiculous amount of Green Day songs on the radio, even some deeper cuts. I've heard Longview, Basket Case, She, When I Come Around, Brain Stew, Good Riddance, Warning, American Idiot, Holiday, Boulevard of Broken Dreams, Wake Me Up When September Ends, Whatsername, Mother Mary, 21st Century Breakdown, Know Your Enemy, 21 Guns, Let Yourself Go, Oh Love, and The Forgotten.

You're listening to the right radio station. :thumbsup:

Hah, apparently. My jaw dropped at Whatsername, 21stCBD, and Good Riddance from AAF.

I've heard a ridiculous amount of Green Day songs on the radio, even some deeper cuts. I've heard Longview, Basket Case, She, When I Come Around, Brain Stew, Good Riddance, Warning, American Idiot, Holiday, Boulevard of Broken Dreams, Wake Me Up When September Ends, Whatsername, Mother Mary, 21st Century Breakdown, Know Your Enemy, 21 Guns, Good Riddance (Live in Awesome as Fuck), Let Yourself Go, Oh Love, and The Forgotten.

I've only heard 7 from that list and some I have only heard once like Wake Me Up When September Ends or American Idiot ( i happened to be wearing an American Idiot shirt when I heard it XD ) can I know what radio stations you have been listening to? Please

I have no idea what happened to the quotes above

Usually it's just Good Riddance so I don't really have much of a reaction, but one time Absolute Radio played Brain Stew and Fell For You back to back, so I freaked at that.

people listen to the radio?

there is a certain magic to listening to the radio and hearing songs you grew up on and/or love, it's just an amazing feeling even if it isn't Green Day.

I've only heard 7 from that list and some I have only heard once like Wake Me Up When September Ends or American Idiot ( i happened to be wearing an American Idiot shirt when I heard it XD ) can I know what radio stations you have been listening to? Please

I have no idea what happened to the quotes above

I heard those on X103 an Indianapolis station. You can listen online or with Sirius XM, they play Green Day at least once a day.

I heard those on X103 an Indianapolis station. You can listen online or with Sirius XM, they play Green Day at least once a day.

that's amazing!

I heard Warning on the radio in Kmart lat year and I was like "wtf this wasn't even a hit single, why are they playing this".

I heard Warning on the radio in Kmart lat year and I was like "wtf this wasn't even a hit single, why are they playing this".

In my opinion, no you didn't.

I normally hear Good Riddance, Hitchin a Ride, or When I Come Around and rarely American Idiot but I jack that shit up when I hear it on the radio

Archived