Ian McLagan on Green Day "If I had a gun they'd all be dead... [they are] horrifyingly loud and bad"

halfempty

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LMFAO and how do you know Ian wasn't hammered

Don't try to give one guy a break and not another person...

Well i mean a concert and an interview are two different things idk lol. To me it just seems like Ian is a massive rock elitist. Which I don't really think billie is. And I don't buy the fact that dissing justin bieber is elitist. He was just saying I've been around a lot longer and have more credibility which I think is fine in certain situations when talking about bands you like or don't like. But I do agree it was a little egotistical and rock star tantrum like. And yeah i guess Ian could have been hammered too haha.

In first place, I don't care about this guy and I'm wondering why a lot of you even make such a big deal out of it.

Also, I don't think he was really serious. He just said how he experienced the whole situation, that's all. He even said Green Day sound "young" which is a compliment I think.

I don't think it's such a big deal because Green Day do this shit all the time. Billie Joe for example wasn't any nicer at all when he said that Steve Jobs should die of cancer. Or when called he Psy "the herpes of music" (haha). It's just hypocritical to blame this guy for the same thing that Green Day do quite often. It's a question of perspective.

But if I'm honest, I really don't care.

Well, BJ said similar shit about Steve Jobs... did anyone here insult him for this or rather was looking for excuses and explanations... he possibly also had migraine then... :P

Not many people here stood up for Billie when he said it. Sure a few people did, saying 'this was punk' or 'Apple sucks', but the majority thought what he said went too far and it was dumb to say.

"I hope Steve Jobs dies of fucking cancer!"

Steve Jobs is my favourite band :P

Also, Johnny Rotten advertising butter was about the most punk thing he could possibly have done. Seriously.

Not many people here stood up for Billie when he said it. Sure a few people did, saying 'this was punk' or 'Apple sucks', but the majority thought what he said went too far and it was dumb to say.

So I might trust in GDC again...

Or when called he Psy "the herpes of music" (haha).

C'mon, that was fucking hilarious.

He was just saying I've been around a lot longer and have more credibility which I think is fine in certain situations when talking about bands you like or don't like.

Yeah, but at iHeart he was ranting because he was under the impression the band's time had been cut to make way for Usher, who's been around for longer than Green Day anyway.

He was ranting because it was entertaining and what the fuck else is he gonna do? He had a minute, is he supposed to play one fourth of Holiday or something?

He was ranting because it was entertaining and what the fuck else is he gonna do? He had a minute, is he supposed to play one fourth of Holiday or something?

The end of Basket Case was an option.

The end of Basket Case was an option.

lol I never bothered to watch the full thing before now, I never realized they didn't finish Basket Case. Never mind.

And the hate just keeps on pouring in: Jon Daly explains why Gerhard what Green Day's become and American Idiot

http://www.avclub.com/article/comedian-jon-daly-why-he-hates-green-days-american-205293

Let's not pile all the fun in one thread. Here's a new one just for that http://www.greendaycommunity.org/topic/96891-av-club-interview-with-comedian-jon-daly-on-why-he-hates-american-idiot/

yeah in i think peru on the 21cb tour? he was annoyed by everyone filming/taking pics on their phones instead of enjoying the show. i see his point but yeah he took it way too far.

I see. A pretty stupid thing to say though.

This is clearly newsjacking though, I will agree. What with the AI anniversary this year, let's have all these irrelevant people talk about why Green Day sucks (never heard that one before!) just to make the headlines.

>inb4 greendays a sellout

Archived