Ian McLagan on Green Day "If I had a gun they'd all be dead... [they are] horrifyingly loud and bad"

halfempty

And how was that Rock and Roll Hall of Fame show?

[Pause] How do I say this? I’m not a fan of Green Day. Never thought much about them until that night. I’m not a fan of Guns N’ Roses. I don’t really get it. It’s too young for me. It feels like kids making a lot of noise. I had a migraine that day, it was a bad one. I got it about two hours before the show. I’d ordered a meal, it was an hour late, it got to me just before I was supposed to leave. I was angry and I had a migraine. I get there, I’m 15 feet from the front of the stage, right in the middle, second table. Green Day come on. If I had a gun, they’d all be dead. And I’d be happy about it. Horrifyingly loud and bad, two things you shouldn’t be. Especially if you’re at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. It was as much ’cause of the migraine as anything. I wanted to kill Guns N’ Roses as well. Apart from that, it was nice to be inducted, it was a big honor. Means a lot to me. I still think we should have two awards though, for Small Faces and Faces.

Ian McLagan on Green Day

http://www.salon.com/2014/06/07/ian_mclagan_on_green_day_if_i_had_a_gun_theyd_all_be_dead/

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a Cunt. And I don't hand out that word to everyone.

Ha. The fact he's in a legendary band but thinks Guns n Roses can be compared with Green Day is hilarious. Ah well, he can go back to tugging Rod Stewart off. Still never heard of him.

I'd never heard of him so I wasn't too upset, but still.

"Loud and Bad" more like you're getting old go listen to jazz not rock

Guy who gets paid for clickbait says something provocative, people react, guy gets $$$$$$.

Care not for the opinions of others, for they are invariably morons. And work for Salon.

So they shouldn't play because he had a migraine? Dick

Fucking asshole blaming a "migraine" for being a fucking whiny bitch.

I don't know what's dumber, the level of dumb you guys think he is, or the level of dumb you guys are for thinking he's dumb.

So I take it they played the entirety of Dos as their set...

being dumb is funny, you can act irrationally and show pointless anger.

Aren't opinions fun?

Indeed. Though considering some of Billie Joe Armstrong's past "opinions", he can take what he dishes out even though this McLagan guy sounds like a pretentious twat.

You guys do realise that every time you click that link to post an outraged reaction or to simply call him a fuckface you're literally handing him money?

Can this be added to the OP?

I had to google him to see who he was...

and who is he? I'm to lazy to google him...

You guys do realise that every time you click that link to post an outraged reaction or to simply call him a fuckface you're literally handing him money?

No, because he's not getting money. Ian McLagan didn't write it, he's not making advertising revenue from Salon. The news is on a major site, traffic from GDC isn't even a spec on the radar.

No, because he's not getting money. Ian McLagan didn't write it, he's not making advertising revenue from Salon. The news is on a major site, traffic from GDC isn't even a spec on the radar.

Yeah, but he got paid for that interview, plus any press is good press when you're as irrelevant as he is. They probably wouldn't have even published the interview without a few controversial quotes to go with it.

It's your site dude, do what you want, but all you're doing is encouraging people to come in here, lob a few choice insults his way, call him deaf, and leave with his name etched in their brains. Free marketing for a dick.

EDIT: Oh it's on the GDA FB page now. 3 guesses what's happening in the comments.

http://www.donotlink.com/

Yeah, but he got paid for that interview, plus any press is good press when you're as irrelevant as he is. They probably wouldn't have even published the interview without a few controversial quotes to go with it.

It's your site dude, do what you want, but all you're doing is encouraging people to come in here, lob a few choice insults his way, call him deaf, and leave with his name etched in their brains. Free marketing for a dick.

EDIT: Oh it's on the GDA FB page now. 3 guesses what's happening in the comments.

I'm sharing it because I find it funny. I don't care if Salon makes money on it. I honestly doubt anyone that comes from us would buy his music because of what he said. We've posted stuff in the past where someone bashes Green Day. People will insult him because he said something dumb. I don't see why you have a problem with this.

I'm sharing it because I find it funny. I don't care if Salon makes money on it. I honestly doubt anyone that comes from us would buy his music because of what he said. We've posted stuff in the past where someone bashes Green Day. People will insult him because he said something dumb. I don't see why you have a problem with this.

Eh, people falling for obvious clickbait is a pet peeve of mine. That's all.

Eh, people falling for obvious clickbait is a pet peeve of mine. That's all.

Yeah, people clicking and talking about someone known bashing their favorite band. Right, why would anyone be interested in that. It's the reason people talk about Johnny Rotten every time he bashes the band. It's interesting or funny or something.

Archived