Green Day track makes it into a new list of the Top 100 songs ever

gbrt23

A site called Review The Media seem to be doing a list of the Top 100 songs ever and a Green Day track made the list. It is quite early in the list so it will be interesting to see if any more make it and what does eventually make it to number 1. The songs so far seem quite diverse in terms of genre and era. http://www.reviewthemedia.com/music/Top100/93.html

Thank god it's not an AI song. Nimrod is the best. Good riddance is the best. Simple as that.

I love good riddance but it's by far not their best song. But I still like hear Green Day shout outs :D

Thank god it's not an AI song. Nimrod is the best. Good riddance is the best. Simple as that.

As good as Nimrod is, and as good as Good Riddance is, it isn't even the best song on that album.

It's great that song made it to the list; but to me it sounds like they picked that one because no one could believe Green Day can make a song like that "'cause it won't fit in the punk rock genre". Good Riddance works as a move on and keep going type of song, but to me personally it's not one to call best song ever.

Time of your life certainly isn't green day's best song, but it is great and emotional and regardless of that song, most important that any of their songs in in that list

I only do not consider the best song Good Riddance by Green Day?

I'm not a big fan of the studio version of Good Riddance because its a bit too simple. I prefer some of the more recent live versions.

I am also so happy they did not pick AI track such as "Boulevard of Broken Dreams". The reason I picked out the article is that Time of Your Life is quite an underrated track so its good that it is getting some recognition in one of these lists. Will be interesting to see if any more feature.

Needed a good laugh today :D

I can see where in GD fan circles it's actually under appreciated. People view it as a big cliche but the lyrics are just fantastic and the melody so beautiful. It deserves legitimate acclaim.

I can see where in GD fan circles it's actually under appreciated. People view it as a big cliche but the lyrics are just fantastic and the melody so beautiful. It deserves legitimate acclaim.

Agreed! Nice to see it get recognised.

Archived