Brittney sharing her story about her Breast Cancer battle through Muse Diaries

desertrose

What touches me is her saying that cancer changed her way of living, and especially this one: "I'm ready to allow my body, & all of it, to go through the process of chemotherapy." It´s not just horror.... it´s a chance. And I think she´s grabbing it. She´s growing... great! All the best, Britt, seems you found the key.

I hope she does really well. As I said in the last thread, if they caught it early breast cancer survival rates are pretty high these days so... all steam ahead!

Those are pictures are sad, hopeful, and inspiring. The penguin caps -I've never heard of that. Looks rough. And she was covered in blankets and scarves!

I've never heard of penguin caps either, and I know I could google it, but are they actually common?

I would probably rather lose my hair instead of wearing this cold cap for hours and freezing to death (my hair wouldn´t be a real loss anyway...) The hair will grow again, when she´s through, and there are so many nice ways to wear a headscarf.

God I love this woman, how strong and hopeful she looks during all this !! Having two kids may help to keep control as well...

True inspiration from this entry.

And fuck cancer, of course.

• 2 months later...

The treatment must be so fucking exhausting... You´re doing a fine job, both of you. Keep going!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

11058793_10153016554878961_8914542505659

batmansmom

3 hours ago
Today's my ONE year mark since getting diagnosed with #BreastCancer I'm feeling very healthy, grateful & blessed today & everyday- My advice: "be aware of listening to your body, early detection & awareness (this pix was the nite b4 my double mastectomy)
Thank You All for the Love & Support, @mike_dosxx & I will never forget!

• 2 months later...

11386420_1756972501196197_362147355_n.jp

batmansmom The many necklaces that helped during chemotherapy! When your stripped away from everything on the outside, your insides either fuel up or slowly hurt more, choosing the attitude to be happy, and Yes, material things like this matter, it takes away the image of sickness that you see in the mirror because every little thing helps- going through cancer marks you for LIFE! My strength & prayers & love for @michellegrinsel to keep walking through the fire! #CauseEveryLittleThing Is gonna be alright my love

It's hard to see Britt going through all this and knowing Jason is going through treatment too :( Tough times for our guys.

Archived