RemadeAmerica: Green Day band member Jason Freese on how he became part of one of the most popular bands 

desertrose

Published on Feb 12, 2014

A must see for any aspiring musician. An interview with Green Day band member Jason Freese on how he became part of one of the most popular bands.

I just assumed he showed up at the audition with his sax, and said "My name's Freese, and I'm cool as ice". Hired on the spot.

'Pat Pattison'. Someone's parents weren't very creative :dry:

I remember when he used to be part of The Goo Goo Dolls' live band.

I dig his Room #____ Lobby____ tat.

"Fake it 'til you make it." :D

Why do all American interviewers interrupt people all the time? It's so annoying?!

Great interview though - interesting to see an interview with him

Why do all American interviewers interrupt people all the time? It's so annoying?!

Great interview though - interesting to see an interview with him

Big egos

This is really insightful. A lot of kids I know who are aspiring musicians fail for two reasons: they give up too soon or they don't sacrifice enough. If you want to "make it," you have to put every fiber of your being into it. You have to take risks and most likely live pretty poorly for a while. Kids think they'll just magically hit it big, but in these sort of careers you have to get yourself out there and make lots of sacrifices.

I just assumed he showed up at the audition with his sax, and said "My name's Freese, and I'm cool as ice". Hired on the spot.

who wouldn't hire a guy named "freeze" who plays the sax? The solos in Stop Drop and Roll gives me the biggest music boner

Big egos

This is really insightful. A lot of kids I know who are aspiring musicians fail for two reasons: they give up too soon or they don't sacrifice enough. If you want to "make it," you have to put every fiber of your being into it. You have to take risks and most likely live pretty poorly for a while. Kids think they'll just magically hit it big, but in these sort of careers you have to get yourself out there and make lots of sacrifices.

or you're just not creative

Who is this person? I only know Billie, Mike and Tre.

who wouldn't hire a guy named "freeze" who plays the sax? The solos in Stop Drop and Roll gives me the biggest music boner

or you're just not creative

Oh yes, the sax on SDAR... gives me shivers, it´s incredible! I especially love it in Pieces of Truth, just drives me mad, I would kill for it.

interesting interview, especially the part about music and musicians nowdays

but by the way, was wembley stadium really sold out ? i mean there where a lot of free seats

Jacen freeze? He plays the back-up guitar, right?

it's funny because you know unnervingly amounts of information about Green Day and all affiliated artists.

totally got that.

How the hell have I only just realized that Jason and Josh Freese are brothers?

Pretty good interview, I like Jason to be honest, seems like a pretty chill guy who's a pretty good musician. + I think he adds a lot to Green Days live shows, was nice to see an interview with him.

Side note about Josh and Jason being brothers, this could possibly be how Billie got the gig with the Mats as Josh is drumming for the Mats reunion shows! Not saying that's for sure, Billie obviously know's Paul and probably Tommy too, just a thought.

It's good to have a Freese in the band because when Tre quits to do his inevitable Mongolian Nose Flute testicle-themed solo album, Josh can take over on drums.

Archived