Turn It Around: The Story of East Bay Punk

Tightwad Hill

Shouldn't the song have a seperate thread?

Is this where we discuss it? Cause I just heard it now and I wish I could delete or lower the volume of Tim's vocals, and make Billie's higher. Sorry. :ninja: Other than that I like it very much.

• Like 2

The Green Day and Rancid/Operation Ivy frontmen–no relation, by the way–are joined by Billie Joe’s son Joey and Tim’s nephew Rey. They just released beery three-chord singalong of a tune called “If There Was Ever a Time,” with 100% of proceeds benefitting 924 Gilman, an East Bay all-ages nonprofit punk venue where both Rancid and Green Day got their starts. The single will get a physical release via Hellcat Records, and is also available for streaming on YouTube.

http://www.spin.com/2017/07/green-day-rancid-billie-joe-tim-armstrongs-supergroup/

• Like 2

2 hours ago, desertrose said:
The Green Day and Rancid/Operation Ivy frontmen–no relation, by the way–are joined by Billie Joe’s son Joey and Tim’s nephew Rey. 

Now we all know who is Rey. The mystery has been solved.

• Like 1

So they finally added dates and links for the NYC screenings, but a day later they added additional links for the Q&A and I clicked on them but there appears to be no difference between those and the ones I originally bought. Will call regardless to make sure everything is okay.

Guest for the NYC Screenings:

Friday: Director Corbett Redford, Kamala Parks, Larry Livermore, and Anthony Marchitiello; moderated by filmmaker Jon Yi.
Saturday: Director Corbett Redford, Stacey White, Larry Livermore, and Anthony Marchitiello; moderated by filmmaker Jon Yi.

13 hours ago, X - Kid said:

The film was fantastic, saw the second ever showing in SF.  Great footage of pre-sweet children Billie & Mike playing in a backyard.  Billie singing only, Mike on guitar with afew friends I think Raj and possibly James Washburn. Can't wait for a blu-ray release.  I got my flexi with the magazine last week, too.  Best $7 I ever spent. 

Do we got how many screen time of the kinda gems?

There will be one more special guest TBA on August 4th in Berkeley, I wonder who this guest will be, especially since the screening is the day before Green Day plays in Oakland:ga:

• Like 2

Yay! I'm going to see the movie! At first, I tought I couldn't go because I'm working the same day. But the bar's address is wrong on the official web site of the movie. The wrong one was too far away from my job. The real address is less of 30 minutes away. It's awesome!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, IcyMoffatt said:

Yay! I'm going to see the movie! At first, I tought I couldn't go because I'm working the same day. But the bar's address is wrong on the official web site of the movie. The wrong one was too far away from my job. The real address is less of 30 minutes away. It's awesome!

Happy for you! (and not at all jealous)

The festival I was hoping might show it released their programme today and it is nowhere to be seen. FML. :(

57 minutes ago, herewegoagain said:

Happy for you! (and not at all jealous)

The festival I was hoping might show it released their programme today and it is nowhere to be seen. FML. :(

Yes, it's a shame the movie is not getting any release outside the USA, with the exception of Montreal in Canada. The movie talks about some many bands who are well-known worldwide. I hope it gets one day a worldwide release because there's no reason why fans from around the world can't see the movie on a big screen.

By the way, I just realized that the movie will be shown in my hometown thanks to Fantasia Film Festival, which is owned by one of my coworkers' best friend. XD

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IcyMoffatt said:

Yes, it's a shame the movie is not getting any release outside the USA, with the exception of Montreal in Canada. The movie talks about some many bands who are well-known worldwide. I hope it gets one day a worldwide release because there's no reason why fans from around the world can't see the movie on a big screen.

By the way, I just realized that the movie will be shown in my hometown thanks to Fantasia Film Festival, which is owned by one of my coworkers' best friend. XD

Woah, lucky!

I am sure it wil get international distribution and come here eventually. I just want to see it NOW. :P

Turn It Around: The Story of East Bay Punk

1 hr ·

New Michigan, Oregon, Massachusetts, and Virginia dates & tickets just added over at EastBayPunk.Com/Screenings - visit the link now to find out where Turn It Around: The Story of East Bay Punk is playing near you!

Yeah, soundtrack and DVD release scheduled for the end of the year and possibly loads of extra footage!  This is what we wanted to hear :dance:

• Like 2

Just now, jengd said:

Yeah, soundtrack and DVD release scheduled for the end of the year and possibly loads of extra footage!  This is what we wanted to hear :dance:

yeah I wanna get this one legally. 

"coming to a theater near you", what a blatant lie. This kind of stuff pisses me off, honestly. It's bad enough that I can't ever follow them in a car on a US tour. 

22 hours ago, desertrose said:

Baby Huey & Chasta – Corbett Redford Interview 07-24-17

http://www.1077thebone.com/2017/07/24/baby-huey-chasta-corbett-redford-interview-07-24-17/

Just listening to this - Mike protecting Corbett from bullies in high school is about the sweetest thing.

Said it before but I'll say it again, this guy is such a dude. I'mma buy like ten copies of the DVD.

• Like 1