Turn It Around: The Story of East Bay Punk

Tightwad Hill

11 hours ago, Too Dumb to Die(s) said:

When can I watch this in the states?

Here are the screenings they have put up so far: https://eastbaypunk.com/screenings/

Unfortunately, they are not screening it many places at the moment. I hope they will show it more places, so more people have the opportunity to see it!

I was lucky to attend a screening last week, it is really good!!

Didn't they say that it was meant to kind of follow the Green Day US tour around the country? I'm sure those dates will be announced soon.

4 hours ago, SaraElise said:

I was lucky to attend a screening last week, it is really good!!

If your location is up to date I am somewhat intrigued :o

36 minutes ago, herewegoagain said:

Didn't they say that it was meant to kind of follow the Green Day US tour around the country? I'm sure those dates will be announced soon.

If your location is up to date I am somewhat intrigued :o

Haha perfectly understandable! I do live in Norway, but happen to be in Berkeley over the summer :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SaraElise said:

Haha perfectly understandable! I do live in Norway, but happen to be in Berkeley over the summer :D

Oh I see, haha. So close yet so far away :lol:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, herewegoagain said:

Oh I see, haha. So close yet so far away :lol:

Haha so accurate :lol: Berkeley is definitely a good place to be as a Green Day fan!

• Like 1

I just now noticed the new screening dates. Does anyone know if the NYC ones with the special guests are sold out or if they just haven't made tickets available yet? It's pretty unclear. TIA

1 hour ago, gaslight13 said:

I just now noticed the new screening dates. Does anyone know if the NYC ones with the special guests are sold out or if they just haven't made tickets available yet? It's pretty unclear. TIA

I don't for certain, but as the new screenings only was added a few days ago, I think they just haven't made the tickets available yet :happy:

So many screening dates now!
Hoping to attend the NYC ones, as I'll have to travel home for those, but definitely doing Philly!

Hmm, don't think Green Day will show up at the first two NYC dates as they'll be performing in Washington on the 1st and you know, jet lag is a thing, but should be exciting regardless! (Or maybe, hopefully, they'll be at the premiere)

Edit: The tix for this, at least the NYC date, are not as expensive as I thought. Makes me question some things, but either way, oh boy. Not passing up a chance on the slight possibility of the dudes attending.

cool coming to a small town near me!  I don't have to drive to berkeley

• Like 1

What an oversight...no Chicago showing? I hope they add one later.

3 hours ago, kaylubd said:

What an oversight...no Chicago showing? I hope they add one later.

That's what I said.  I'm never in those suburbs listed.

For those that have attended, how have the crowds been, especially for those with the "special guests"?  Sold out?  

3 hours ago, Montclare said:

That's what I said.  I'm never in those suburbs listed.

For those that have attended, how have the crowds been, especially for those with the "special guests"?  Sold out?  

I attended one of the two screenings in Albany with a Q&A. The movie theater seemed full, but the show was not sold out beforehand as you could still buy tickets at the door. But I do know the screening in Oakland did get sold out a couple of weeks before the screening, so I think it depends on the area.

• Like 1

Aah so many dates!

Corbett Redford is encouraging people to have local theatres contact them for more screenings. So y'know, might be worth getting on that :happy: 

32 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

Are they planning any international screenings? 

I'm sure I've seen him/them say intl. dates coming. And his reply to someone asking about Italy was "hope so". So I'm optimistic if impatient.

• Like 1

OMG! There is only one date outside the USA and it is in Montreal! :runaround:
I hope I will not work on July 25th.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SaraElise said:

I attended one of the two screenings in Albany with a Q&A. The movie theater seemed full, but the show was not sold out beforehand as you could still buy tickets at the door. But I do know the screening in Oakland did get sold out a couple of weeks before the screening, so I think it depends on the area.

Thank you!

3 hours ago, herewegoagain said:

I'm sure I've seen him/them say intl. dates coming. And his reply to someone asking about Italy was "hope so". So I'm optimistic if impatient.

Ok, I WANT THEM NOW. :happy:

• Like 1

Turn It Around: The Story of East Bay Punk shared Rancid's post.

3 hrs ·

Check out this awesome original song "If There Was Ever A Time" by ARMSTRONGS (featuring members of Rancid, Green Day and SWMRS) from our documentary Turn It Around: The Story of East Bay Punk! Purchase and stream here: http://smarturl.it/armstrongs

100% of all flexi-disc sales and digital proceeds to to 924 Gilman.

Donate directly to Gilman by visiting: http://helpgilman.org

Rancid

4 hrs ·

"It was exciting to work on this song with Billie and crew for the film. Stoked to share the tune with everyone out there and to be donating all the proceeds to Gilman which is a place so near, dear and important to us." -Tim Armstrong http://smarturl.it/armstrongs

Green Day

3 hrs ·

Get it here: http://smarturl.it/armstrongs

Today marks the release of “If There Was Ever a Time” by Armstrongs - a group featuring Tim (Operation Ivy/Rancid/Transplants), Billie Joe (Green Day), Joey (SWMRS), and Rey Armstrong. Releasing the track via Hellcat Records, Armstrongs will donate 100 percent of proceeds to 924 Gilman: a DIY, nonprofit, all-ages venue for music, art, and community events in Berkeley, California.

In addition, a run of flexi-disc singles (limited to just 1,000 copies) are available now via Pirates Press.

Additional Donations to 924 Gilman - http://smarturl.it/GilmanDonations

• Like 1