Turn It Around: The Story of East Bay Punk

Tightwad Hill

I remember Tre saying the reason they didn't put any Pre Dookie music in Green Day Rock Band, was because the master tapes were too old and worn out. According to Tre himself, mastering them for the game would have ruined them. Something about the tapes possibly melting during the process. So how was this Sweet Children demo mastered for Turn It Around? Did Green Day/Warner music have digital backups, that they wouldn't let Harmonix have? :)

33 minutes ago, trufan1 said:

I remember Tre saying the reason they didn't put any Pre Dookie music in Green Day Rock Band, was because the master tapes were too old and worn out. According to Tre himself, mastering them for the game would have ruined them. Something about the tapes possibly melting during the process. So how was this Sweet Children demo mastered for Turn It Around? Did Green Day/Warner music have digital backups, that they wouldn't let Harmonix have? :)

Probably this demo is only a rough stereo mix and that was the thing that was recorded. Is not like you have multitracks in a huge reel somewhere. You only got a lousy tape and that was transferred and polished a bit.

2 hours ago, Todd said:

I was told this demo is sourced from a cassette tape from a certain someone’s personal collection :)

Ahhhh haha 😉 Pretty coool 😎 👍

Amazon.ca has not yet shipped my order. I pre-ordered the movie like 3 weeks ago and it was supposed to be shipped last friday. But, for the moment, it's backorder. =/

Did anyone beside me order the movie from Amazon.ca? I pre-ordered it and then it became backorder the day of the release. I'm looking at Amazon.com and it has it in stock while it is still backorder on the canadian store web site. I did get an email this week telling me they were trying their best to get the movie in stock. I'm really thinking to cancel my order and buy the movie from somewhere else, but I think I will have to pay the custom/border thing.

5 minutes ago, IcyMoffatt said:

Did anyone beside me order the movie from Amazon.ca? I pre-ordered it and then it became backorder the day of the release. I'm looking at Amazon.com and it has it in stock while it is still backorder on the canadian store web site. I did get an email this week telling me they were trying their best to get the movie in stock. I'm really thinking to cancel my order and buy the movie from somewhere else, but I think I will have to pay the custom/border thing.

I’m in the US, but I had originally placed my order through amazon because, prime, but then the release date changed and I didn’t want to wait 2-3 extra weeks. So I cancelled that order and bought it from 1234 go. I don’t know what their international shipping is, but domestic was $5.00 and I had it within 5 days of placing my order.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, squashie09 said:

I’m in the US, but I had originally placed my order through amazon because, prime, but then the release date changed and I didn’t want to wait 2-3 extra weeks. So I cancelled that order and bought it from 1234 go. I don’t know what their international shipping is, but domestic was $5.00 and I had it within 5 days of placing my order.

International shipping from to the UK was rather expensive - about $25 for DVD & vinyl, $18 for dvd alone (which is almost as much as the $19.99 product).  Plus, if the value of the package is more than £15 (so, everything more expensive than the DVD alone) then you have to pay customs fees.  Pretty expensive 😕 

5 hours ago, Second favourite son said:

International shipping from to the UK was rather expensive - about $25 for DVD & vinyl, $18 for dvd alone (which is almost as much as the $19.99 product).  Plus, if the value of the package is more than £15 (so, everything more expensive than the DVD alone) then you have to pay customs fees.  Pretty expensive 😕 

Customs charges for my DVD and vinyl came to an additional £17, because Customs takes into account the shipping charges as well as the goods total, which always seems very unfair. I must admit that the shipping costs have been kept comparitively low by 1234 Go/Turn It Around, I have been stung much worse by other suppliers before. Hot Topic is particularly bad. Getting the DVD via Amazon was never an option on the UK store, only the vinyl, which is now selling for £32. Also I liked the idea that getting it via 1234 Go meant some of the profits go to charity.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2018 at 3:07 PM, pacejunkie punk said:

I thought the coolest Green Day related video was the Sweet Children (or even before) clip from someone’s backyard with Billie, Mike, Raj and Sean looking about 13 years old. So weird to see Billie that young and singing with a mic but no guitar. I wish there was more of that around.

The video is probably from early 1987. Corbett Redford said in an interview that they were in the backyard playing when they were 14 at the time, so early '87 when they hadn't turned 15 yet.

However, this video really confuses me. In an interview from 1995 Billie Joe said he never wanted to sing in the band, but he had to "otherwise would Mike kick my ass" said Billie. But in this clip he just sings without even playing guitar, I find that odd.

lol i asked Marshall Stax for the demo and he said

https://goo.gl/PkJACa

i was about the first one to ask apparently

24 minutes ago, D_P said:

The video is probably from early 1987. Corbett Redford said in an interview that they were in the backyard playing when they were 14 at the time, so early '87 when they hadn't turned 15 yet.

However, this video really confuses me. In an interview from 1995 Billie Joe said he never wanted to sing in the band, but he had to "otherwise would Mike kick my ass" said Billie. But in this clip he just sings without even playing guitar, I find that odd.

If you look closely at the clip Billie’s left wrist is in a cast which would explain why he’s just singing.

• Thanks 1

Update about my order: Amazon.ca sent me an email saying they now have a estimated date of when they will receive the movie in stock. Between August 28th and September 28th. =/

• Sad 2

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 1:53 PM, IcyMoffatt said:

Update about my order: Amazon.ca sent me an email saying they now have a estimated date of when they will receive the movie in stock. Between August 28th and September 28th. =/

Still not a darn thing on Amazon UK. 😭 Will keep checking.

• Sad 1

On 8/3/2018 at 9:33 AM, jengd said:

Still not a darn thing on Amazon UK. 😭 Will keep checking.

I hope it works out for you. The movie is worth watching.

In my case, I received good news today: my order shipped to my post office over the last weekend. I need to go pick it up tomorow.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Last year, I told my history teacher to watch the movie, that she might loved it and that it talks about punk, etc. I met her this week for the first time in months and I told her the movie was now available on dvd/bluray. She immediately said that she will present the movie to her class. Oh! YES! :D

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

ANYONE here ordered from InterPunk? (maybe even someone from Europe?)

I'm still waiting for the Vinyl, DVD/blu-ray and the MC...pretty pissed by now

• Sad 1

@Karl Karlson When did you place your order? Have you contacted InterPunk and have you actually been charged for it? If you have been charged but do not have a confirmation of shipping, I'd be contacting them daily until you've received a shipping notice. 

I ordered from 1234 GO! and had it within a week, granted, I'm in the USA. 

28 minutes ago, squashie09 said:

@Karl Karlson When did you place your order? Have you contacted InterPunk and have you actually been charged for it? If you have been charged but do not have a confirmation of shipping, I'd be contacting them daily until you've received a shipping notice. 

I ordered from 1234 GO! and had it within a week, granted, I'm in the USA. 

I pre-ordered (with payment as a requirement) on June 1st with scheduled release at the end of June. Got a confirmation of shipping at the end of July (!) with a tracking number that doesn't work (...), and since then they haven't replied. Wrote on their FB page and sent SEVERAL e-mails - no reply.
Just now I opened a case with PayPal and immediately reported it to PP, since it's been way too long to be acceptable.

Thanks for your response and the tips :)

• Like 2