Turn It Around: The Story of East Bay Punk

Tightwad Hill

Wait...they are 2 different documentaries,right? The pre-dookie one and this?

Can i get my hopes up for an interview with aaron cometbus?

Oh man . I'm Pretty sure that he will interveiwed. He was at the 91-92 tour with them.. i mean they are best buds!

Will John Kiffmeyer attend in this film?

From Facebook page

East Bay: By The Punx, For The Punx, About The Punx shared a link.

Very excited to share this. Check out the link below for more info on the documentary project we have been honored to be working for the past 8 months. Very proud to be part of this and to have such an amazing crew.

PUNX IN BANDS OR PROJECTS WE ARE FOCUSING ON: We are still digging for archive materials. Feel free to share this link thru your own channels or contact our Lead Archivist Daniel Hague at archive@eastbaypunk.com if you any photos, flyers, footage or other detritus to contribute to the project!

http://eastbaypunk.com/

Please get in touch with the project’s lead archivist Daniel Hague at archive@eastbaypunk.com if you would like to contribute any archive materials to the film.

Wait...they are 2 different documentaries,right? The pre-dookie one and this?

nope, just this now it seems. They merged

Oh man . I'm Pretty sure that he will interveiwed. He was at the 91-92 tour with them.. i mean they are best buds!

Will John Kiffmeyer attend in this film?

I asked Corbett... He can't say :P

WoooooW! :woot: I hope they won't hold back ANY old footage 'cause I want to see it all (Green Day, espacially :happy: ) Can't wait!

Hey guys, this is Daniel, the archivist on this project. I've been lurking here for a while now. For those curious, I'm not sure what I can say about the project exactly, but we are still actively collecting lots of Green Day footage. I do not think you folks will be disappointed at all. Cheers to those that have stayed excited about this.

Hey Daniel! I have a question, how long are you guys trying to make this film? That press release thing mentioned a lot of bands, and I'd love to see pieces about all of them, but how can you fit that many into one documentary?

Hey guys, this is Daniel, the archivist on this project. I've been lurking here for a while now. For those curious, I'm not sure what I can say about the project exactly, but we are still actively collecting lots of Green Day footage. I do not think you folks will be disappointed at all. Cheers to those that have stayed excited about this.

Can you at lease tell us if it will be two separate documentaries or just the one?

nope, just this now it seems. They merged

I asked Corbett... He can't say :P

Fuck the other bands i dont care about them at all. I want all the time for pre-Dookie Green Day.

I'm worried now that we aren't going to get a pre-Dookie Green Day doc now. I think the East Bay one sounds fantastic, and might feature a lot of cool GD footage, but I don't want it in PLACE OF a separate Green Day doc. Both is awesome, but if there's just one, I'd rather it be the Green Day only one. Obviously I'm biased but it felt like Green Day initially wanted to make it about themselves, and then realized that there was a bigger story to tell, and changed the mission. That kinda irks me even though they can do whatever the fuck they want.

• Like 3

I'm worried now that we aren't going to get a pre-Dookie Green Day doc now. I think the East Bay one sounds fantastic, and might feature a lot of cool GD footage, but I don't want it in PLACE OF a separate Green Day doc. Both is awesome, but if there's just one, I'd rather it be the Green Day only one. Obviously I'm biased but it felt like Green Day initially wanted to make it about themselves, and then realized that there was a bigger story to tell, and changed the mission. That kinda irks me even though they can do whatever the fuck they want.

As much as I love Green Day, this is still telling the East Bay story from their point of view. I understand your frustration, not everyone on here cares about the other punk bands, since Green Day is mainstream, they have a lot of fans that like other genres and don't give two shits about East Bay punk. I'd be upset too. But I do like other East Bay punk bands, so I'm not upset. But I do understand where you're coming from. Daniel and Corbett have a hell of a lot of interviews and live footage, and hopefully they'll release deleted scenes and stuff that they can't fit into the documentary with everything else

• Like 1

As much as I love Green Day, this is still telling the East Bay story from their point of view. I understand your frustration, not everyone on here cares about the other punk bands, since Green Day is mainstream, they have a lot of fans that like other genres and don't give two shits about East Bay punk. I'd be upset too. But I do like other East Bay punk bands, so I'm not upset. But I do understand where you're coming from. Daniel and Corbett have a hell of a lot of interviews and live footage, and hopefully they'll release deleted scenes and stuff that they can't fit into the documentary with everything else

That's the thing, I really am interested in the other punk bands. I've watched that One Nine Nine Four and History of Punk films and love them and sit through the non-Green Day segments with pleasure. But this was hyped to us for a long time, and maybe saying "pre-Dookie" doesn't mean "just Green Day" it can mean "everything before 1994", but it's just a pretty big let down to find out it's going to be a shared experience.

Fuck the other bands i dont care about them at all. I want all the time for pre-Dookie Green Day.

Fuck you too. I want time for Screeching Weasel, Bad Religion and Dead Kennedys. :fuckyou:

• Like 2

Fuck you too. I want time for Screeching Weasel, Bad Religion and Dead Kennedys. :fuckyou:

Lol, just ignore Petros. :P

There will be two documentaries.

Fuck yes. Was only going to reply to moan before reading this post :lol:. In that case this documentary also sounds cool.

You've come to the right place to find creepy photoshops of Billie. Good luck on your endeavor, I'll go ahead and share this thread on Facebook and Twitter so it gets some more exposure.

I'm sorry in advance for Céadóg.

• Like 4