Turn It Around: The Story of East Bay Punk

Tightwad Hill

13 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Thing is the DVD only costs me $16 on Amazon after my rewards points and 1234Go is 19.99 plus shipping to get it a week or two sooner. I guess I’ll wait as long as they don’t delay it again.

If it gets delayed again, I'm canceling the Amazon one and going through 1234Go. It cost me retail at Amazon, so really 1234Go is only $5 more for me, but longer ship time.

Even at Walmart the cost of DVD is $18.63 with shipping and tax is only about a dollar cheaper. Guaranteed by Friday June 22.

47 minutes ago, desertrose said:

Even at Walmart the cost of DVD is $18.63 with shipping and tax is only about a dollar cheaper. Guaranteed by Friday June 22.

Why doesn’t Amazon have it then if everyone else does?!

1 hour ago, desertrose said:

Do you have a link for Walmart because I just did a search and nothing came up on the site.

Edit: Best Buy has pre-order with release of July 6, 2018.

• Confused 1

There’s always a risk with Walmart that their info is wrong and once you order it could tell you they don’t have it yet. 

2 hours ago, Cunt said:

I got my copy yesterday in the mail from 1234 go

When did you get your shipping notification? I got mine on Saturday, but I still have no updates though USPS. 

4 hours ago, StuntmanMark said:

When did you get your shipping notification? I got mine on Saturday, but I still have no updates though USPS. 

I don’t remember getting one actually or I just accidentally deleted it and didn’t realize it haha. I was shocked to see it show up in the mail yesterday.

That’s it I broke down and cancelled my amazon order and ordered it from 1234Go. It’s costing me over $7 more but at least I’ll get it within a week now instead of waiting almost three weeks for the other to ship (if it even does). Knowing it’s available and considering how long I’ve been waiting to see this film I just couldn’t stand it. 

14 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

That’s it I broke down and cancelled my amazon order and ordered it from 1234Go. It’s costing me over $7 more but at least I’ll get it within a week now instead of waiting almost three weeks for the other to ship (if it even does). Knowing it’s available and considering how long I’ve been waiting to see this film I just couldn’t stand it. 

Same. It was only $5 more for me. I was going to pay $18.63 plus tax and waiting 2 extra weeks was worth canceling my Amazon order and just sucking up the shipping cost to get it on time or closer to the release date. 

Edit: Holy shit! I already have a tracking number and i just ordered it like 15 minutes ago! Damn they're fast!

4 hours ago, squashie09 said:

Same. It was only $5 more for me. I was going to pay $18.63 plus tax and waiting 2 extra weeks was worth canceling my Amazon order and just sucking up the shipping cost to get it on time or closer to the release date. 

Edit: Holy shit! I already have a tracking number and i just ordered it like 15 minutes ago! Damn they're fast!

wtf, I ordered a couple weeks ago and still haven't gotten a shipping notice! and that instagram pic says they're all caught up on orders!

10 minutes ago, Maddie86 said:

wtf, I ordered a couple weeks ago and still haven't gotten a shipping notice! and that instagram pic says they're all caught up on orders!

I would check with them. I got a shipping notice within minutes of placing my order.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Maddie86 said:

I would double check your email. I didn't notice mine at first because it didn't come directly from 1234Go! Records, it came from Squarespace Store (noreply@shippingeasy.com).

4 hours ago, StuntmanMark said:

I would double check your email. I didn't notice mine at first because it didn't come directly from 1234Go! Records, it came from Squarespace Store (noreply@shippingeasy.com).

oh my god, this is too funny, I just went and double checked my e-mail and I got a shipping notice from them last friday! then I clicked on the tracking number and it said it was delivered! So I went downstairs and there it was on my porch! yay! thanks for the heads up!

9 hours ago, Maddie86 said:

oh my god, this is too funny, I just went and double checked my e-mail and I got a shipping notice from them last friday! then I clicked on the tracking number and it said it was delivered! So I went downstairs and there it was on my porch! yay! thanks for the heads up!

Nice. Whereabouts do you live? I live in upstate New York and mine shipped Saturday, but I haven't gotten any updates. I'm hoping I'll get it tomorrow. 

41 minutes ago, StuntmanMark said:

Nice. Whereabouts do you live? I live in upstate New York and mine shipped Saturday, but I haven't gotten any updates. I'm hoping I'll get it tomorrow. 

I'm in Binghamton. It took 6 days for mine to come.

As for the movie... I really liked it! The east bay scene has had a huge influence on my life, even though it's thousands of miles away and I've never been there lol. I got into green day when I was 9, then 2 years later a friend played me a screeching weasel song and I liked it, so I mail ordered one of their CDs from Lookout Records and then they started sending me catalogs. I would read about all these bands and the CDs were cheap so I'd save up my allowance for them or ask for a bunch for Christmas. by the time I was in 7th grade I was listening to Crimpshrine and Op Ivy and walking around with Groovie Ghoulies and Screeching Weasel shirts and no one in my school had any idea who these bands were lol. This documentary was really cool to see, I loved some of the old pics of green day that I haven't seen before, and that footage of the pre-green day band in Billie's back yard was unexpected and awesome, I'd love to see the rest of that tape! Seeing pics of Billie playing with Rancid was also pretty sweet! It's missing a few things though, I wish Kevin Army would have gotten more air time and I was kinda bummed that John wasn't in it. and there was no mention of Pinhead Gunpowder at all. It would be really cool to see a documentary specific to Lookout Records, like a movie version of Larry's book

• Like 3

I got my Blue Ray and vinyl today from 1-2-3-4 Go records. would really like a digital copy of the soundtrack tho

Apologies for being out of the loop, but is there no CD release for the soundtrack? All power to the analog resurgence, but it shouldn't be impossible to get a digital version of the album.

Also, I'm seeing the demo for Sweet Children by Sweet Children on the tracklisting. Is this actually an unreleased track, or is it a mislabeled release of the Green Day recording?