Guesses about the next Green Day tour.

Thisnamehasnoreason

The thing about living in Australia is we always get the last part of a bands world tours and judging by what people are saying im gonn be fucking 20 or something next time they come here thats like 6 more years oh god

You will be fine - its always a long wait until they are back down under - but its worth it :)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You will be fine - its always a long wait until they are back down under - but its worth it :)

I know it will my main concern is like my loss of intrest in Green Day by then or something ive only been a full on idiot for about a year and a half maybe longer but ive been a My Chemical Romance fan since like 2010 and I still am now so I know I can hold on too these loser for a long time :lol:

I know it will my main concern is like my loss of intrest in Green Day by then or something ive only been a full on idiot for about a year and a half maybe longer but ive been a My Chemical Romance fan since like 2010 and I still am now so I know I can hold on too these loser for a long time :lol:

If you've lost interest by then you won't be bothered anyway :P

Zgen - zero attention span :lol:

If you've lost interest by then you won't be bothered anyway :P

You gotta point aha

Green Day are buisy producing 'East Bay: By the Punx, For the Punx, About the Punx' at the moment, and they still need a bit more material from the people so that should take a while. Obviously Mikes wife is fighting cancer, so that will delay the progress on new music and touring by quite a bit. However, that doesn't mean that Billie isn't constantly writing new material, in the Rolling Stone article he said that he is always writing guitar tracks. No doubt there a plenty of new songs under the belt for them, but in terms of a new Green Day album, we would have to wait till about 2015-16. And for a tour, 2016+.

Green Day are buisy producing 'East Bay: By the Punx, For the Punx, About the Punx' at the moment, and they still need a bit more material from the people so that should take a while. Obviously Mikes wife is fighting cancer, so that will delay the progress on new music and touring by quite a bit. However, that doesn't mean that Billie isn't constantly writing new material, in the Rolling Stone article he said that he is always writing guitar tracks. No doubt there a plenty of new songs under the belt for them, but in terms of a new Green Day album, we would have to wait till about 2015-16. And for a tour, 2016+.

I love your optimism - billie has all those songs left over from the trilogy :lol:

Zgen - zero attention span :lol:

"What we're doing now [the Trilogy] is sort of the short attention span of the culture..." - Billie Joe

"What we're doing now [the Trilogy] is sort of the short attention span of the culture..." - Billie Joe

I'd say it was quite successful given how many people's attention span when it comes to Green Day were decreased by the Trilogy.

I'd say it was quite successful given how many people's attention span when it comes to Green Day were decreased by the Trilogy.

:D every thread leads back to the trilogy ;)

:D every thread leads back to the trilogy ;)

It's like the GDC equivalent of Godwin's Law. Plot twist: The Trilogy is worse than Hitler.

An MCR fan? Don't say that around Green Day, they might not want to go back to Australia when they hear there are MCR fans there :P

It's like the GDC equivalent of Godwin's Law. Plot twist: The Trilogy is worse than Hitler.

Yes.

An MCR fan? Don't say that around Green Day, they might not want to go back to Australia when they hear there are MCR fans there :P

Don't let Liam read this ;)

Also, i don't believe we'll see any touring for quite some time. As for new material release? Billie mentioned he has hundreds of written songs already. And knowing him he's working on more every day. Eventually they'll get the itch to go in and record but I don't believe it has been long enough.

My best guess (and that's all it is, a guess) based on their past behavior is that it'll be at least 5 or 6 months til we hear any more stirring out of them. With the fall perhaps they bring with them a new single. Doubtful it'd be a whole album or even an EP, perhaps just a single.

My best guess (and that's all it is, a guess) based on their past behavior is that it'll be at least 5 or 6 months til we hear any more stirring out of them. With the fall perhaps they bring with them a new single. Doubtful it'd be a whole album or even an EP, perhaps just a single.

5 or 6 months is probably not giving Brit & Mike enough time though - fingers crossed

New record (or an announcement of one) I think by the end of next year, and a tour supporting the album.

I think 20 years ago as the Dookie this year's 10th anniversary of American Idiot Green Day will prepare something special ... I honestly do not dare say it's a tour (I hope it is) or a new album, but I have this feeling that something will happen! xx :)

Don't let Liam read this ;)

That's okay, he already doesn't like me :P and he never replies to my snapchats :(

Might as well throw in my 2 cents. I doubt they will do a full on NA and Europe/Asia Tour without a new studio album to support. I can see them doing small tours (festivals and other single shows). But until they have an album to support a full on tour is doubtful. If I had to ask when a new album is to come out (studio no compilations or live) well its impossible to be sure but I'd say maybe 2016 or 17.

I'd say early 2016 for a new album, with a tour following shortly after. With Britt going through cancer treatment right now, the band surely has other things on their mind than releasing a new album. They seem like they can never sit still for too long without doing something, but I think it really may be a while this time. Maybe even 2017. Which isn't to say that they won't be doing little things in between, but I don't expect a big Green Day album for a while between what is going on now and everything they dealt with during the last tour.

Could Britney probably be the real reason for the Hiatus but they just kept it silent for a few months? So i agree that we shouldn't expect anything for a long time. However im a fan of a lot of vetern artists who take ages to put out new music so its no probem for me.

I just want them to do a proper Australian tour next time, no festivals.

Do you think they might even go down the route of doing a 'Greatest hits' tour? I know some hardcore fans probably wouldn't like that, but it would probably generate enough interest for them with the general public to release their next album shortly after.

Could Britney probably be the real reason for the Hiatus but they just kept it silent for a few months? So i agree that we shouldn't expect anything for a long time. However im a fan of a lot of vetern artists who take ages to put out new music so its no probem for me.

I just want them to do a proper Australian tour next time, no festivals.

Don't think so - they would have posted on instagram before now.

I want a proper Australian tour next time as well - or the intimate tour billie hinted at before rehab - I am still hanging in there for that. ;)

Don't think so - they would have posted on instagram before now.

I want a proper Australian tour next time as well - or the intimate tour billie hinted at before rehab - I am still hanging in there for that. ;)

Did you go to Soundwave?

And did he hint an intimate tour worldwide or just in Australia?

Archived