Would you consider 21st Century Breakdown a Half-assed album?

xBlaydeRx

Uno is actually really underrated. Usually when I listen to an album I always find about 3-4 songs I don't like that much. Uno had 12 really fun songs.

Well then.

Their worst album for me. Along with Dos.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is my same argument for the trilogy, some of the songs you named, like Christian's Inferno, Horseshoes and Handgrenades and American Eulogy are my favourite songs on the album. So with all the songs there, I can listen to the ones I like, and you can listen to the ones you like, then we're both happy :)

why do so many people dislike horseshoes and handgrenades?? it's one of my favorites on the album...

why do so many people dislike horseshoes and handgrenades?? it's one of my favorites on the album...

There seems to be a recent plague of Horseshoes and Handgrenades haters on here :P. I'm sure it used to be one of the most popular on the album, I remember in the 21st CB era everyone wondered why they didn't play it live and there was loads of praise for it.

There seems to be a recent plague of Horseshoes and Handgrenades haters on here :P. I'm sure it used to be one of the most popular on the album, I remember in the 21st CB era everyone wondered why they didn't play it live and there was loads of praise for it.

Hermione and Handgrenades is no slouch, either. /shameless plug :P

Hermione and Handgrenades is no slouch, either. /shameless plug :P

Well of course once people hear that its popularity is sure to increase :D

No matter what they did, the follow up album to American Idiot was going to be "Flawed" in the eyes of critics and fans. When you're at the absolute top of the world, there's nowhere to go but down.

With that said. No, 21st Century Breakdown is not half-assed, and it's one of my favorite albums of theirs.

I don't hate or dislike it but it's not one of my favorites I like the lyrics the music to it I dunno why can't get into it

It's just pretty bland, it doesn't really move anywhere or move the album anywhere. As a song it just kind of wanders around the same riff and melody the whole time and as a part of an album it seems like it's trying to set a tone for Christian that's already been set by Christian's Inferno.

It's a brilliant album and one of the best things Green Day had done. The production ruins it at times though.

It's a brilliant album and one of the best things Green Day had done. The production ruins it at times though.

Personally I love the production. I think the mastering ruins it a bit because the over-compression really sucks the life out of it, but the unmastered FLAC version is a work of art. It really shows off the nuances of what Butch Vig did before Ted Jensen butchered the dynamics by mercilessly boosting the volume.

If it was 21 GDC I would put it in top 5 but it's not so...

I just don't think I'll ever understand what you don't like about American Idiot and Breakdown. I can understand liking "old" Green Day more, but it doesn't make those two albums shit, y'know?

You can kill me if you want but I personally think it has a standing chance against American Idiot for what album is better.

21st Century Breakdown is American Idiot's younger brother who nobody likes

No & your from brisbane that's why I quoted you - I love this album - before the lobotomy is in my top 5 songs. - I don't understand the dislike for this album .

No & your from brisbane that's why I quoted you - I love this album - before the lobotomy is in my top 5 songs. - I don't understand the dislike for this album .

Yay double post - dam iPad ;)

You can kill me if you want but I personally think it has a standing chance against American Idiot for what album is better.

*kills you*

Personally 21st Century Breakdown is my personal favorite album of all time. Even though Christian's Inferno is my least favorite Green Day song I think it still has it's place in the album as a whole. The Static Age, American Eulogy, and 21st Century Breakdown are some of my all time favorite Green Day songs.

Personally I love the production. I think the mastering ruins it a bit because the over-compression really sucks the life out of it, but the unmastered FLAC version is a work of art. It really shows off the nuances of what Butch Vig did before Ted Jensen butchered the dynamics by mercilessly boosting the volume.

oh I haven't listened to the unmastered version, i need to do that.

Is the unmastered version the HD Tracks one? Been waiting for that to pop up on Pirate Bay forever after hearing AI.

For me, this album and one of the best, I love him musically and love letters ... I can not understand why so many hate this album, I do not understand!

Is the unmastered version the HD Tracks one? Been waiting for that to pop up on Pirate Bay forever after hearing AI.

Yeah, that's the one. It's been available as a torrent for ages if you know where to look.

How did you get the unmastered version? Is that the HDtracks?

Edit: Whoops already asked

Archived