Best Green Day Graduation song (Other than Time of your Life)

Erik with a K!

So i'm putting together a slideshow for my graduation party next week, and well I want to include a Green Day song in the soundtrack. I know what youre thinking. Yes Good riddance does carry that message, but i think we all know that its overplayed. Great Song, but i want something a little deeper into the catalog (besides it's not even about graduating to begin with). Anyway I want you guys to help me find a song that carries those tones of moving on, leaving home etc. Preferably something with little to no swear words. Sorry supporters of "It's Fuck Time"!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

409 In Your Coffeemaker

Holden Caullfield?? (No relevance but i think it would sounds good)

Out of left field, but Part V of Homecoming really gets those going away feelings for me. See You Tonight gets the uncertainty of departure but it's on the brief side. That's all I can think of

I asked my wife to marry me at a Green Day concert during the break in the song "Waiting".

I think that would be a good song to graduate to for the same lyrical reasons

"I've been waiting a lifetime for this moment to come I'm destined for anything at all..."

"Dawning of a new era...."

"Good luck--you're gonna need it...."

See the light... Seeing the light at the end of the tunnel of high school.

As others have stated Waiting does fit well with the graduation theme. Other than that maybe Hold On? since people are going to be moving on and challenges are sure to come up so send them off on a powerful message to hold on to who they are even though things are going to get tougher. Just a thought.

Waiting, Walk Away and Scattered are the best ones imo.

Dominated. Love. Slave.

Or fuck it, coming clean or something I guess. Maybe are we the waiting?

I asked my wife to marry me at a Green Day concert during the break in the song "Waiting".

I think that would be a good song to graduate to for the same lyrical reasons

"I've been waiting a lifetime for this moment to come I'm destined for anything at all..."

"Dawning of a new era...."

"Good luck--you're gonna need it...."

Oh wow, gosh :) Can you get any cooler?

Sex, Drugs and Violence?

Women Studies, Psych, and Science

Archived