Loudwire Classic Cage Match - The Offspring vs. Green Day

Doll Parts

Keeping in a similar vein, The Offspring will square off against a group that rejuvenated punk for a new generation of music lovers — Green Day. The band had a number of hits off their 1994 ‘Dookie’ album, but ‘Basket Case’ will step into this week’s battle. Before they even step into the Cage, you’re probably already mouthing the words to this Green Day favorite, a sure sign of a classic track.

So take another listen to The Offspring’s ‘Come Out and Play’ and Green Day’s ‘Basket Case’ in the players provided and then let us know which 1994 song deserves to advance in this Classic Cage Match battle by voting in the poll below.

http://loudwire.com/the-offspring-vs-green-day-classic-cage-match/

The match ends May 30th at 2PM EST. You can vote once per hour so make sure that Basket Case moves on!

comparing green day to the offspring is like comparing beatles to one direction.

comparing green day to the offspring is like comparing beatles to one direction.

That doesn't make sense. One Direction is a modern day beatles, how the offspring like a modern day green day?

That doesn't make sense. One Direction is a modern day beatles, how the offspring like a modern day green day?

I'm sorry for you if this your opinion. Only thing that is common with beatles and one direction is that both play pop - just like Offspring and Green Day both play pop punk. But that's it. If you really think One Direction is same what the Beatles was, it's your own fault. And I won't argue with you.

The Offspring came first, so I guess so :P But Tman's right in what he said. The perceived musical quality is irrelevant in context.

Eww The Offspring. Sending a vote Green Day's way.

The Offspring used to be really cool. The last few albums have been awful though.

The Offspring used to be really cool. The last few albums have been awful though.

Sounds familiar.

Yup. A good band, with a lot of awesome political songs, especially from their '90s albums. How can one not like Smash and Americana?

Not better than Green Day, though. ;)

because green day is more popular and influential most people forget that the offspring were founded before green day i think but the offspring has infuluenced tons of teenagers ,too

I'm a fan of both groups, but I like Come Out and Play more than Basket Case, so my vote's going to The Offspring here (sorry GD, I still love you).

My two favorite bands... but Green Days always been my #1... so it goes to them <3

Someone's reply on the offspring's fb was 'green day are a bunch of emo butt pirates'

Okay???

I much prefer the offspring's older stuff, smash is a great album but gd would get me vote!

Archived