21 Guns turns 5 Today!

T.C

I'm sure it's the same reason everyone else here has

poor production

Crappy lyrics

No quality control

Yawn what else is new NIGGA?

So, you know why it's shit, but you insist on saying it's not anyway?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure it's the same reason everyone else here has

poor production

Crappy lyrics

No quality control

Yawn what else is new NIGGA?

New arguments aren't required when the old ones are still valid.

You continue to earn the compliment from me that you feature in your signature.

So, you know why it's shit, but you insist on saying it's not anyway?

I said I know the reason why people hate it. I didn't say I did. I actually love the trilogy... It has a great collection of amazing songs.

It has a great collection of amazing songs.

Very compelling counter to our oh-so-outdated arguments.

new argument? Dafuq?

I said I know the reason why people hate it. I didn't say I did. I actually love the trilogy... It has a great collection of amazing songs.

I'd say it has about 13 songs that are listenable.

Very compelling counter to our oh-so-outdated arguments.

Rofl I was stating how I feel about the trilogy guy. I wasn't trying to counter.

I'd say it has about 13 songs that are listenable.

Hmmm. Ok. To each their own then.

In the interests of conversation, what songs do YOU like?

Also, which do you? I have a general idea, but it'd be nice to get an exact list.

Also, which do you? I have a general idea, but it'd be nice to get an exact list.

1. Nuclear Family

2. Stay the Night

3. Rusty James

4. Lazy Bones

5. Stray Heart

6. Ashley

7. Brutal Love

8. 8th Avenue Serenade

9. Dirty Rotten Bastards

(and I like Nightlife, The Forgotten, and Fell For You, but I've accepted the fact that they're shite songs :P )

1. Nuclear Family

2. Stay the Night

3. Rusty James

4. Lazy Bones

5. Stray Heart

6. Ashley

7. Brutal Love

8. 8th Avenue Serenade

9. Dirty Rotten Bastards

(and I like Nightlife, The Forgotten, and Fell For You, but I've accepted the fact that they're shite songs :P )

Cool. I'm a fan of

Nuclear Family

Kill the DJ (the Dookiefied Guitars version, anyway)

Rusty James

Oh Love

Stray Heart

Wow! That's Loud

Amy

Brutal Love

8th Avenue Serenade

Dirty Rotten Bastards

I don't dislike everyone's favorites (Stay the Night, Lazy Bones, X-Kid) but am completely indifferent toward them. And even the ones I like often have lyrics that make me cringe.

In the interests of conversation, what songs do YOU like?

It'll be easier to list the songs I don't really like:

UNO:

Troublemaker

Stay the night

Carpet diem

Kill the DJ at first but it grew on me

DOS:

I actually like this entire album

Tre:

99 revolutions

Maybe drama queen

I didn't really care for the Forgotten but it started to grow on me

Those lyrics are fine as long as I see. and not that hard to understand really

21 Guns was a song I defended on its release as being 'pretty good' but I grew tired of it quickly over time. The Broadway version (including Billie's vocal too) re-ignited my interest in it but, overall, the song it not one of my favourites.

As for this Trilogy debate which has started, I'm throwing my hat in the ring by saying the following are what I consider the weakest songs:

Let Yourself Go, Kill the DJ, Oh Love, Lazy Bones, Wild One, Ashley, Amy, Drama Queen, Amanda.

That isn't to say I love the fuck out of ALL the others (a combination of great music/poor lyrics or vice versa make that impossible) but I rock out to most of Uno and half of Tre's collection, plus Dos tries some different things which is refreshing to ears that have listened to GD-style for a long time :-)

Rt

Rofl. You know what? I'm done talking to you people. Do some research. Take it as you will but yes they intended to write shit lyrics, just as they intended for everything that goes on on these records to be. Do your research

They wanted to take it easy. Get it got it good

Look, there's people here who like the trilogy and people who don't (same with all their albums/songs, it's just since Uno Dos and Tre are the newest they're the ones that get discussed most). There's nothing wrong with making counter arguments if someone says something about an album/song that you disagree with, but don't get hung up just because some people don't like something, there's plenty of other people here who do like it as well so there's no need to be bothered just because people have different tastes.

Let's try to keep the discussion here to 21 Guns though :)

Cool song I'd say, it's easy to forget now how new and different it sounded when we first heard it, that singing with the falsetto really sounded different and amazing. I like the unusual guitar sounds the beginning that are repeated later as well, it's a shame they were cut out in the video/radio version because I think they help give the song an unusualness that sets it apart from the average rock ballad that it doesn't really get credit for, it has an interesting atmosphere about it. The "Like a liar looking for forgiveness from a stoooone" lead up and guitar solo are majestic as well, and I enjoy the ambiguous lyrics about war and/or a relationship. Couldn't care less about "overplayed" or whatever, it's a good song.

I remember you people saying how beautiful 21 guns is. And now here we are 5 years later and you're all shit talking about it rofl. Bunch of losers. Same goes with the trilogy, "omg these songs are amazing!!" 3 years later "blah fuck the trilogy"

It baffles me you people wanted to hear every song green day has done. We'll you got 37 songs and what do you do? Talk trash about them. Patethic. You people don't know what you want. It's just ridiculous how people can be. Jeez

It's the opinion of sheep. Most of them probably secretly worship 21 Guns

Look, there's people here who like the trilogy and people who don't (same with all their albums/songs, it's just since Uno Dos and Tre are the newest they're the ones that get discussed most). There's nothing wrong with making counter arguments if someone says something about an album/song that you disagree with, but don't get hung up just because some people don't like something, there's plenty of other people here who do like it as well so there's no need to be bothered just because people have different tastes.

Let's try to keep the discussion here to 21 Guns though :)

Cool song I'd say, it's easy to forget now how new and different it sounded when we first heard it, that singing with the falsetto really sounded different and amazing. I like the unusual guitar sounds the beginning that are repeated later as well, it's a shame they were cut out in the video/radio version because I think they help give the song an unusualness that sets it apart from the average rock ballad that it doesn't really get credit for, it has an interesting atmosphere about it. The "Like a liar looking for forgiveness from a stoooone" lead up and guitar solo are majestic as well, and I enjoy the ambiguous lyrics about war and/or a relationship. Couldn't care less about "overplayed" or whatever, it's a good song.

Yeah where way off topic now.

Anyway, when I first heard 21 guns, (and keep in mind I wasn't a Green Day fan back then)I thought it was a Beatles song lol. Don't know why.

Archived