21 Guns turns 5 Today!

T.C

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unarguably Green Days last real 'hit' is now half a decade old having been released to radio and digital download on May 25 2009. Share your memories with this song :)

I was 14 and in 8th grade and now im 19. Brings back nostalgic memories and still love it more than ever

wait. May 2009, i was a 10th grader and im 20 now. :lol:

I like you more and more every post you make :P

Oh You

I love this song because it reminds me of when I saw Green Day live for the first time, and there were beautiful waterfall sparks falling during the bridge. It was such a great memory and it's the one concert that has stayed completely vivid in my head.

I hate this song because it was played 47 times on Transformers 2 or whatever movie it was.

I love 21st Century Breakdown. Last of the American Girl is one of my favorite songs. He wrote this song about me lol! I can also relate to the video. I also like listening to See the Light. I love how he emphasizes the "t" in the word light and sight and fight.

SHAME ON YOU SKILLED AND PROFESSIONAL MUSICIANS FOR NOT TRUSTING A JOCK. GO AND BEAT YOURSELVES UP WITH WILLOW BRANCHES NOW. N-O-W.

*ahem*

I wonder why people hate this song. Always thought it was a great power-ballad and the video was breathtakingly beautiful. Kinda gutted it was not played on the most recent tour. :(

SHAME ON YOU SKILLED AND PROFESSIONAL MUSICIANS FOR NOT TRUSTING A JOCK. GO AND BEAT YOURSELVES UP WITH WILLOW BRANCHES NOW. N-O-W.

*ahem*

I wonder why people hate this song. Always thought it was a great power-ballad and the video was breathtakingly beautiful. Kinda gutted it was not played on the most recent tour. :(

I think they will probably go back to playing it next era seeing as it was moved aside for the Trilogy, which was a flop and had no hit singles that they could continue playing from now on.

A little late on this - but wow, where has all the time actually gone? I can still remember this day so clearly!

I wasn't a HUGE fan of the song, but I was always surprised it became a huge single and not another song like East Jesus Nowhere, although the softer slower Green Day songs tend to be the more popular ones.

I remember you people saying how beautiful 21 guns is. And now here we are 5 years later and you're all shit talking about it rofl. Bunch of losers. Same goes with the trilogy, "omg these songs are amazing!!" 3 years later "blah fuck the trilogy"

It baffles me you people wanted to hear every song green day has done. We'll you got 37 songs and what do you do? Talk trash about them. Patethic. You people don't know what you want. It's just ridiculous how people can be. Jeez

I remember you people saying how beautiful 21 guns is. And now here we are 5 years later and you're all shit talking about it rofl. Bunch of losers. Same goes with the trilogy, "omg these songs are amazing!!" 3 years later "blah fuck the trilogy"

It baffles me you people wanted to hear every song green day has done. We'll you got 37 songs and what do you do? Talk trash about them. Patethic. You people don't know what you want. It's just ridiculous how people can be. Jeez

Yeah man, we suck for noticing when our favorite band releases a pile of shit! How dare we. Such losers, smh.

Same goes with the trilogy, "omg these songs are amazing!!" 3 years later "blah fuck the trilogy"

Are you from the future?

tumblr_mjnmyaFgiq1risj2so5_r1_250.gif

Such a boulevard of broken dreams rip off. Same melody same song structure same everything. Nice chorus though.

I'd like for every green day album to have a song like this though to become hit and stay relevant.

21 guns sounds NOTHING like BOBD. Get your ears checked buddy.

Yeah man, we suck for noticing when our favorite band releases a pile of shit! How dare we. Such losers, smh.

A pile of shit? Well that's a matter of opinion. You think because the trilogy sounds nothing like the past 2 Albums it makes it garbage. Clearly you're close minded. There are a lot of amazing songs within these albums but yet you decide to call it garbage for dumb reasons. There are some songs the trilogy could've done without. But calling it a "pile of shit"? Get out.

Are you from the future?

tumblr_mjnmyaFgiq1risj2so5_r1_250.gif

Why yes yes I am

From the hollow lies actually

There are people here who like the trilogy :)

A pile of shit? Well that's a matter of opinion. You think because the trilogy sounds nothing like the past 2 Albums it makes it garbage. Clearly you're close minded. There are a lot of amazing songs within these albums but yet you decide to call it garbage for dumb reasons. There are some songs the trilogy could've done without. But calling it a "pile of shit"? Get out.

You can't really say she's calling it garbage for dumb reasons if you haven't heard any of her reasons :P

If any band released 3 albums where less than a third of the songs resembled something other than, well, a turd, they'd called garbage. Green Day are no different. They shat out 3 albums, with no quality control, crap production, stolen riffs, and lazy lyrics. Is it any wonder people hated them and the albums flopped harder than a small obese Texan child attempting to learn to dive?

You can't really say she's calling it garbage for dumb reasons if you haven't heard any of her reasons :P

If any band released 3 albums where less than a third of the songs resembled something g other than, well, a turd, they'd called garbage. Green Day are no different. They shat out 3 albums, with no quality control, crap production, stolen riffs, and lazy lyrics. Is it any wonder people hated them and the albums flopped harder than a small obese Texan child attempting to learn to dive?

I do agree on you about the lyrics but you have to understand Green day intended for it to be that way. They wanted to do something fun and less dark. And yeah the guitars could've sounded much better and after hearing the demos, it's a well known fact cause I prefer the way the songs sound in the demo than on the trilogy. but c'mon, it's the melodies that really matter. Think about it, what good is it if an album sounded like American idiot did if the melody would've sucked?

Oh btw, it's not the first time they steal riffs. In fact, everyone does it

I do agree on you about the lyrics but you have to understand Green day intended for it to be that way.

:)

So Green Day intentionally wrote shit lyrics for songs. Cool. Those songs are already so much better in my eyes.

So Green Day intentionally wrote shit lyrics for songs. Cool. Those songs are already so much better in my eyes.

Rt

Rofl. You know what? I'm done talking to you people. Do some research. Take it as you will but yes they intended to write shit lyrics, just as they intended for everything that goes on on these records to be. Do your research

They wanted to take it easy. Get it got it good

21 guns sounds NOTHING like BOBD. Get your ears checked buddy.

You don't even know my reasons for calling the Trilogy garbage, nigga.

Unless.....

Are you a mind-reader? :woot:

Rt

Rofl. You know what? I'm done talking to you people. Do some research. Take it as you will but yes they intended to write shit lyrics, just as they intended for everything that goes on on these records to be. Do your research

They wanted to take it easy. Get it got it good

I don't care what they wanted, the result is that they made shitty albums. All the artistic intention in the world doesn't change something from being a crappy choice. And the band themselves have said they think the Trilogy is "the best work we've ever done", so which is it—that they deliberately wrote shitty songs or that they thought the songs they wrote were genuinely great and were wrong?

You don't even know my reasons for calling the Trilogy garbage, nigga.

Unless.....

Are you a mind-reader? :woot:

I'm sure it's the same reason everyone else here has

poor production

Crappy lyrics

No quality control

Yawn what else is new NIGGA?

Archived