21 Reasons Why Green Day Is Still The Best

StuckWithDom

Also, explain to me how deep the following songs are :P

I don't agree with him that nearly any of their songs are particularly deep, there are few that are notable, but that's no reason to cherry pick the most shallow.

Plus Dominated Love Slave was a one-off written by their drummer. It can't represent them no matter what quality we're talking about, depth or otherwise.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope. At Brixton I was willing him with every fibre of my being just to shut up and get on with it. But then again I absolutely hate the hey ohs. Time wasted that could be better spent playing more songs :P

yeah crowd interaction is bull

I have only one shitty reason why they are the best band for me: I like them.

Nope. At Brixton I was willing him with every fibre of my being just to shut up and get on with it. But then again I absolutely hate the hey ohs. Time wasted that could be better spent playing more songs :P

Pretty sure they'd have time to play all of Insomniac if they cut the hey-ohs out of Know Your Enemy.

yeah crowd interaction is bull

Unimaginative, repetitive and overused crowd interaction is bull, yeah.

21 Reasons Why Green Day Is Still The Best

Billie is hot!

Billie is hot!

Billie is hot!

Billie is hot!

Billie is hot!

Billie is hot!

Billie is hot!

Billie is hot!

Billie is hot!

Billie is hot!

Billie is hot!

Billie is hot!

Billie is hot!

Billie is hot!

Billie is hot!

Billie is hot!

Billie is hot!

Billie is hot!

Billie is hot!

Billie is hot!

Billie is hot!

enhanced-buzz-16419-1400535747-36.jpg

https:/

Big difference between something you do when you're 20 and something you do when you're 40 :P

Big difference between something you do when you're 20 and something you do when you're 40 :P

In some instances yes - I still do stupid things - funny how they all revolve around too much alcohol. There are plenty of things I don't want my kids to know I did - lucky I am not a rock star & it is recorded for them to see. :cry:

If you see your father naked, will you be traumatized? (Unless you already saw him in the nude, then that's fine.)

If you see your father naked, will you be traumatized? (Unless you already saw him in the nude, then that's fine.)

Pretty sure anyone would be mate.

Personally, I don't know about traumatized, but definitely uncomfortable. As with anyone.

Because no child knows that their dad has a penis, right?

I really don't think any child would like their father's fireman in their view.

I really don't think any child would like their father's fireman in their view.

:lol: Obviously not. My dad used to walk around the house naked. Until I was 15. Ugh.

Reasons #4 and #5 make me barf. THOSE ARE NOT RELEVANT THINGS. IT'S THE BLOODY INDUSTRY.

And reason number #17 is creepy as hell.

I find it jolly good fun when I'm there in the crowd :P. Bit different watching it on video but when it's a call and response you're involved in it's fine.

Can you copy and paste this each time we're having "debates" about it? Please? I'm not even kidding here.

lol @ people over age 16 who read buzzfeed articles

Fixed that for you.

In all fairness, imagine being Joey Armstrong and seeing that. You'd be pure mortified.

That's what I was thinking back in 1995...A LOT.

And then they formedd another babby and the girl get pregent.

Unimaginative, repetitive and overused crowd interaction is bull, yeah.

it's a tradition

Some of those reasons were good and some were really dumb. They didn't really even scratch the surface, though, about what a true fan respects and values about them. I've got countless reasons beyond those.

My reasons as to why they are still the best:

1. They make brilliant music

2. They play music brilliantly live

:)

My reasons as to why they are still the best:

1. They make brilliant music

2. They play music brilliantly live

:)

And that's it, in a nutshell. :) Brilliant.

Yeah everything on that list can be applied to a lot of bands. Plus it's 25 years not 30. And the Trilogy received fuck all radio play in a lot of countries.

Also, explain to me how deep the following songs are :P

And those hey ohs are as annoying as fuck. JOS and Hitchin A Ride are now chores live, instead of being absolute blasts.

Actually, it's 27 years. And sometimes, the simpler the song, the more depth it actually has. You just aren't pretentious enough to understand until you have cried to F(woo) Time.

So is genital mutilation :P

you make a bad and out of context point

Archived