21 Reasons Why Green Day Is Still The Best

StuckWithDom

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those are defiantly not the most solid of reasons but as mentioned by others its buzzfeed nothing else could have been expected.

1. Never grew up with them

2. They no longer do The Network

3. True

4. Far from other artists

5. They never won a Teen Choice Award

6. The Broadway show was subpar at best

7. Doesn't make the whole band great

8. Never want crazy to Basket Case

9. I literally cried to it

10. Then they died

11. Dat love

12. Doesn't make the whole band great either

13. Not musically great, but good as a role model to them

14. Meh

15. Too bad they sucked

16. He doesn't do it all the time

17. That's what makes Billie Joe so great

18. True

19. So does every other band

20. One of the reasons why I'm a fan

21. Except making The Trilogy

I like those reasons :) But personally I have lots & lots more to love them :happy:

Nothing wrong with any of the reasons listed, although there are many better reasons. #11 is my favourite :D

Billie is hot!

Billie is hot!

Billie is hot!

Billie is hot!

Billie is hot!

Billie is hot!

Billie is hot!

Billie is hot!

Billie is hot!

Billie is hot!

Billie is hot!

Billie is hot!

Billie is hot!

Billie is hot!

Billie is hot!

Billie is hot!

Billie is hot!

Billie is hot!

Billie is hot!

Billie is hot!

Billie is hot!

you can transfer this list to almost every famous artist so this list is pretty stupid :lol:

Billie is hot!

Billie is hot!

Billie is hot!

Billie is hot!

Billie is hot!

Billie is hot!

Billie is hot!

Billie is hot!

Billie is hot!

Billie is hot!

Billie is hot!

Billie is hot!

Billie is hot!

Billie is hot!

Billie is hot!

Billie is hot!

Billie is hot!

Billie is hot!

Billie is hot!

Billie is hot!

Billie is hot!

tW08roM.jpg

I like the recognition from the General population. Always nice to hear Green Day pop up now and again outside of GDC and my own Green Day bubble

Like many have said, the list is pretty random and/or meaningless. Here's my list:

1. After nearly 30 years, they are still releasing new albums and having songs on the radio. They are indeed the "last gang in town"
  2. their catalog is timeless. Some songs don't hold up after 30 years. Heck, most songs sound awful the following year. Not with Green Day
  3. They know how to change it up, while staying recognizable.
  4. They have style
  5. their songs are so much deeper than other musicians.
  6. See them live!!!!!!!!!!
  7. American Idiot
  8. 75 Million Sold
  9. Hey Ho's.

Like many have said, the list is pretty random and/or meaningless. Here's my list:

1. After nearly 30 years, they are still releasing new albums and having songs on the radio. They are indeed the "last gang in town"
  2. their catalog is timeless. Some songs don't hold up after 30 years. Heck, most songs sound awful the following year. Not with Green Day
  4. They have style
  7. 75 Million Sold

What about Metallica? Especially for 1) and 2)

They should've used the Rolling Stone cover for the rehab one... Not a picture of him with his pants halfway down...

4. They have style
  7. American Idiot
  8. 75 Million Sold
  9. Hey Ho's.

What about Metallica? Especially for 1) and 2)

Yeah everything on that list can be applied to a lot of bands. Plus it's 25 years not 30. And the Trilogy received fuck all radio play in a lot of countries.

Also, explain to me how deep the following songs are :P

And those hey ohs are as annoying as fuck. JOS and Hitchin A Ride are now chores live, instead of being absolute blasts.

JOS and Hitchin A Ride are now chores live, instead of being absolute blasts.

Are you shitting me?

lol @ people under age 60 who read buzzfeed articles

Are you shitting me?

Well, the first 4/5ths of JOS are a blast, but don't try and tell me you don't want to stab Billie repeatedly in the neck with a biro when he screams hey oh for OVER A MINUTE AND A FUCKING HALF before going into the outro.

Well, the first 4/5ths of JOS are a blast, but don't try and tell me you don't want to stab Billie repeatedly in the neck with a biro when he screams hey oh for OVER A MINUTE AND A FUCKING HALF before going into the outro.

Good point.

I find it jolly good fun when I'm there in the crowd :P. Bit different watching it on video but when it's a call and response you're involved in it's fine.

I find it jolly good fun when I'm there in the crowd :P. Bit different watching it on video but when it's a call and response you're involved in it's fine.

Nope. At Brixton I was willing him with every fibre of my being just to shut up and get on with it. But then again I absolutely hate the hey ohs. Time wasted that could be better spent playing more songs :P

Hahahaha those are terrible reasons. #1 and #11 and good, but omg the rest are just stupid. #18 is so deep though. hits me right in the feels.

Not exactly amazing reasons are they. Releasing 3 albums over a 5 month period wasn't exactly a reason to say Green day are still the best. I liked the one about the lyrics to WMUWSE though. To be honest, if those are the only 21 reasons you're a green day fan, you must be 10 years old. There are plenty of other reasons that Green Day is still the best.

Archived