How much does it cost to book Green Day?

Sanket

Didn't know that awesomeness costs 1 million.

QOTSA are awesome and they cost 75k.

I'd like JT to play my party sometime. The hype is what drives up the costs though. QOTSA should be worth more than that

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He'll be heartbroken, I'm sure :cry:

Hmm...I think I'll manage.

Green Day I can understand being 500k +, but the Offspring being 500K+? It's actually really surprising..

Guys maybe we start a donation fund. I mean if all 50,000 members on gdc, (stupid ghost accounts ruining it) donated 10 dollars we'd be set. :(

Maybe out of the 500 active members we can all donate 1000 dollars

maybe once i start working. which probably won't be until i get my bachelors in like another 2-3 years.

I think we should get everyone on GDC to chip in money and book them, would be rad :D

I'd like JT to play my party sometime. The hype is what drives up the costs though. QOTSA should be worth more than that

Sure, but shows are longer than JT's and...

I'm not sure about that. I mean, sure, if a band is in demand tickets are usually priced higher, but in terms of actual production costs bigger bands usually spend more because they tend to have huge stage shows. That'll be why QOTSA are so relatively cheap, they have a very simple, no-nonsense stage setup.

This is interesting... I'm surprised that Muse is only 150k, and QOTSA and 30STM are really cheap! (40-50k the latest, I heard their tickets are cheap) and also One Direction is only 150-200k while Justin Bieber is 1 million, I thought they had more or less the same fame? I wonder how reliable is this, and I'm sure it also changes in different countries. When I first saw Green Day, in Spain, a ticket was 42€, 50€ in Italy, then in Ireland it was 63€ and in Oslo I think mine was 80, but my mum got seat and it was almost 100€. So it must change what it costs to book them too.

But seriously, I'm shocked with Muse being just 150k with the mega expensive stages they make.

This is interesting... I'm surprised that Muse is only 150k, and QOTSA and 30STM are really cheap! (40-50k the latest, I heard their tickets are cheap) and also One Direction is only 150-200k while Justin Bieber is 1 million, I thought they had more or less the same fame? I wonder how reliable is this, and I'm sure it also changes in different countries. When I first saw Green Day, in Spain, a ticket was 42, 50 in Italy, then in Ireland it was 63 and in Oslo I think mine was 80, but my mum got seat and it was almost 100. So it must change what it costs to book them too.

But seriously, I'm shocked with Muse being just 150k with the mega expensive stages they make.

Geez my ticket was $70 USD for pit in Chicago last year

Sure, but shows are longer than JT's and...

JT played for over 2 and a half hours last time I saw him (guilty pleasures)

I'm not sure about that. I mean, sure, if a band is in demand tickets are usually priced higher, but in terms of actual production costs bigger bands usually spend more because they tend to have huge stage shows. That'll be why QOTSA are so relatively cheap, they have a very simple, no-nonsense stage setup.

Yeah, you're probably right about that but people are willing to pay far more to have JT play at a private party. It's just the kind of fame he has. People pay big bucks for One Direction too, even if they would play in an acoustic setting, the total hype around it drives up the price. When a lot of people want something, the price rises.

A lot.

But I guess if they're on tour or not...they'll play pubs for free on occasion- ie when they were recording the trilogy, or in Australia this year.

I'd say for something like Reading or Rock AM Ring, it's even tough considering Justin Bieber is 1 Million and hasn't done half of what Green Day has

But I'd say any where from 500k to a million can't see it being more.

Although, it should be priceless ;)

• 3 weeks later...

NME have given us a definitive answer. £440,000. So that's more like $750,000.

NME have given us a definitive answer. £440,000. So that's more like $750,000.

Is that for their crew so in total.

Archived