Green Day's Fashion Choices

AmyxLongview

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me, it's apples and oranges. I like the AI fashion for what it was, I really dug the 21CB fashion, and the Trilogy fashion was fun too. BUT if you twisted my arm and made me choose, I'd say 21CB. It wasn't too outlandish like the Trilogy but it wasn't too uniform either like AI. Plus, as the OP said, it had a classic, more dignified rock-star look. I still want a leather jacket like the one Billie used to wear all the time (I just need to come across 101 extra dollars so I can buy a similar jacket from Phix Clothing).

What are you a fan from like 2004? You didn't even mention the dookie era. The blue hair Billie had and the green Tre hairstyle was the best. People didn't care about the looks but about the music.

What are you a fan from like 2004? You didn't even mention the dookie era. The blue hair Billie had and the green Tre hairstyle was the best. People didn't care about the looks but about the music.

1. "The blue hair Billie had and the green Tre hairstyle was the best"

2. "People didn't care about the looks but about the music."

Hmm...

I did quite enjoy Billie with blonde hair in 2011 with the black shirt with the white tie and the red striped pants. But my favorite is probably the cotton candy themed hair of Billie Joe in circa 1995

1. "The blue hair Billie had and the green Tre hairstyle was the best"

2. "People didn't care about the looks but about the music."

Hmm...

Once again :friends:

Yeah because there's so much wrong with being a fan from 2004. You were 10 in 2004. If you claim to have been a fan before that yourself you're a liar.

• 4 weeks later...

OK. I love Billie's 2010-2013 looks but where the hell does he get his clothes????

OK. I love Billie's 2010-2013 looks but where the hell does he get his clothes????

I don't like the2012-2013 look for Billie Joe or the 2001 era very much but any other time he is Beautiful especially Longview music video,

I think his clothes are custom made

I don't like the2012-2013 look for Billie Joe or the 2001 era very much but any other time he is Beautiful especially Longview music video,

I think his clothes are custom made

makes sense

The best look!!

Greenday-at-Marlay-Park-June-2010-25.jpg

Hell yes! Great clothes. I personally think from 2009-Present is the coolest look. It looks good, it's niche but its still punk. Awesome.

Hell yes! Great clothes. I personally think from 2009-Present is the coolest look. It looks good, it's niche but its still punk. Awesome.

Without a doubt! I fully agree with you!

• 2 years later...

06eOWLj.jpg

I want to make a replica of Billie Joe's 21st Century Breakdown shirt. Does anybody know a good place to get custom patches or if anyone has replicated these? 

On May 20, 2014 at 9:05 PM, Jimmy Strummer said:

For me, it's apples and oranges. I like the AI fashion for what it was, I really dug the 21CB fashion, and the Trilogy fashion was fun too. BUT if you twisted my arm and made me choose, I'd say 21CB. It wasn't too outlandish like the Trilogy but it wasn't too uniform either like AI. Plus, as the OP said, it had a classic, more dignified rock-star look. I still want a leather jacket like the one Billie used to wear all the time (I just need to come across 101 extra dollars so I can buy a similar jacket from Phix Clothing).

I agree it is difficult to choose with style from decade from guys.

but  My faves Billie and boys fashion is from  AI,21CB,Trilogy and Now RevRad

My favorite is the current red shirt that he wears on the Rev Rad tour. He looks so good in it. I like the jean jacket too. That was cool!

I agree with those who can't choose. Each era has it's pluses and some were so different than others (i.e. Insomniac vs AI, Billie almost looks like a different person but both really good in its own way). 

I'm also waiting for some of my girls to forget we're not on the Fangirl topic page start listing the advantages of each era that might offend some. 😂👌

For clothes, I would say that trilogy era fashion was my favourite. I loved the t-shirts that Billie and Tre used to wear on the trilogy tour. (Although I have to say that I love the red shirt that Billie has been wearing recently, and I love Tre's outfit with the leopard-print tie from this tour too.:D)

And I liked this look for Mike.

5ba9a78275ce5847a6058ff2054b33d2.jpg

However, their hairstyles are an entirley different matter. I loved Billie's colourful hair between Dookie and Nimrod and I loved Tre's colourful hair between Dookie and Warning (I was happy when I first saw the Blue hair last year). I like the haircut that Mike has currently, too.

So, overall, my favourite GD fashion is probably either trilogy era, or Rev Rad era.

5 hours ago, neverdone2000 said:

I agree with those who can't choose. Each era has it's pluses and some were so different than others (i.e. Insomniac vs AI, Billie almost looks like a different person but both really good in its own way). 

I'm also waiting for some of my girls to forget we're not on the Fangirl topic page start listing the advantages of each era that might offend some. 😂👌

excuse me? why did you copying me what I said on top..but you said better!.:D

.and who is this some girls..from Fangirl topic?..:ga:

you can said what ever you wanted . I I meant "We" have strong heart;)

wait.what are we talking about!!

oh Fashion. I dislike Mike's hat and  long hair from last pic.

Billie's red shirt and waistcoat combo is honestly top-notch 

On 5/22/2014 at 6:44 AM, GugsGreenDay said:

The best look!!

this Red shirt?..it make his gorgeous green eyes shine!:wub:

I was watching Cuatro the other night and didn't like Mike's long hair in that at all. It didn't suit him. 

Archived