Anaïs.

The Sad Thread

klytaemnestra

It's no surprise you didn't like Enduring Love, your first clue should have been the fact that the author has "ew" in his name. I'm used to the "wtf" reaction when I mention doing English Language; I wasn't particularly into it at first but then it turned out I was really good at it and got straight As without even trying, so I really started to enjoy it. I nearly ended up doing something related to it at uni, actually. I mean obviously the shit like punctuation analysis blah blah blah is really fucking boring but we did a lot of creative writing as well and I really got into that.

:lol: It'd have been so much better if it was like that, why don't you rewrite it? Tbh everyone should prioritise Harry Potter over anything else at any given time, so fair enough. Tbh I see nothing wrong with being a nine-year-old tomboy emo bookworm, but maybe that's just me.

hahaha yeah fair enough. i read it for the first time on the beach in oman on christmas day. about 100 pages in i got really pissed off, buried it in the sand and refused to touch it. :P i enjoyed the creative writing aspect of english language at gcse, but i could never do it properly cos i have very little imagination, you know? i need prompts and stuff but when i get going i quite like it. i was in an english language classroom today actually and the displays about child development in language looked quite interesting, but eh. i don't think i could do it.

omg maybe i will :lol: i'd have to read it first though i guess. yeah i had an awesome childhood in a lot of ways, but i was a recluse cos i got bullied a lot and as a result i'm not great at making friends unless they also like being a recluse. i was a pretty cool kid though, all negative stuff aside.

Fortunately I had decent Science teachers by the time I started GCSEs, but years 7 and 8 were terrible - the teacher tried to connect a voltmeter in series, and was then confused when it didn't work. I actually ended up literally standing at the front of the class teaching the lesson a few times, as well as marking work and setting things up when they went wrong. Should've been paid as a teaching assistant, really.

man, my science teacher for key stage 3 was the worst. i used to love science, but she killed it for me. i was smarter than her and she hated it; more than once she'd explain something and i'd ask a follow up question because i'm curious about these things, and she'd stare at me like i'd grown another head and go "i don't know. find out yourself, don't be lazy." and it's like gurl but you're the teacher. my mum sat down with her at parents' evening once, and my teacher just stared at her for a few minutes until my mum said, "she doesn't enjoy science as much as she used to. is she struggling? what's going on with that? she was really good at it and now she's not getting the marks she should be." and my teacher literally went, "what does that have to do with me? why should i care?" so .... yeah. my year 10 physics teacher was an absolute tool as well, he spent most of the lesson time explaining basic concepts to us cos he thought we were thick as pig shit, clearly. bearing in mind i've never not been in the top set for anything. it was appalling.

Anaïs.

Daniel Keyes, author of Flowers for Algernon, has died. :(

Kaddi.

Really felt like re-reading 13 Reasons Why, but I can't find it anywhere. :( Don't think I left it at my parents' place as it's one of my favorite books ever, but I have no idea where else it could be.

rootbeersoup

I made a post that wasn't related to cock sucking or hot underage twinks and I think I've been reported to the mods =/

• Like 1

Lady Darkling

When your insomnia and psychosis decide the three hours of sleep you get is too much for you... :mellow:

Emilie

My pain from whatever it is is getting worse. I'm so sore and tired all the time, I feel like my entire body is covered in a massive bruise. And the tiniest activity sets off the arthritis pain. I just made coffee and now my wrist and fingers are throbbing.

musso_kn

I'm going home today. Uni is over for the year and I'll return at the end of September.

As much as I love my family, I think the next three months might kill me.

Emilie

I saw this girl's posts on tumblr last night, she was getting ready to go to a concert and meet the band beforehand. I logged back in this morning and read that the venue gave her the wrong time for meet before the show and by the time she turned up they wouldn't let her in. The show hadn't even started yet but for some reason no one would open the doors for her? And she basically had to sit outside the venue for like 5 hours until the whole thing was over. I think she even got friends to call the venue's desk and explain but no one helped.

I mean I don't even know her but dang, if that happened to me with my favourite band I'd be pissed.

Spike

A family friend died yesterday. I've known her all my life and she was the first person to visit me and my mum when I was born, and was just kind of there all through my life until I was about 18. She was always in poor health due to smoking an insane amount, and lost a leg due to it a few years ago. The other night she went to bed, and just didn't wake up. She was married with seven kids and they're all in absolute shock because, despite her general overall long-term health, there was nothing acutely wrong with her and she seemed in no worse a state than normal.

lizziebix

Today was the last time I'll be in my childhood home. Sale goes through Thursday and the clean-out (by others) is Monday and Tuesday. Goodbye home; thanks for the memories.

AGBellamy

My boyfriend dropped all these hints that he was taking me to France... but about an hour ago he turned around and said he was taking his mother.

.Holly

Today was the last time I'll be in my childhood home. Sale goes through Thursday and the clean-out (by others) is Monday and Tuesday. Goodbye home; thanks for the memories.

aww hugs, I'm sure that's really sad :( my parents are thinking of selling the house I grew up in and I well up just thinking about it :(

hope you feel better soon!

• Like 1

lizziebix

aww hugs, I'm sure that's really sad :( my parents are thinking of selling the house I grew up in and I well up just thinking about it :(

hope you feel better soon!

Thank you. It's a funny feeling really because I haven't actually lived there in so long but it's the only house I lived in until I moved out on my own and my mom lived there until just earlier this year. Lots of memories and I just found it hard saying goodbye. Really hoping the new owners have as many good memories there as we did.

Danneh

I am literally a fucking third wheel like jesus the two friends i have in my main classes are always sitting together and i just cant be fucked cause all they talk about is shit that I dont care about and then when I go to talk about something they dont pay attention and the chick i sit next to is so annoying i just wanna fucking stab her like every 5 seconds she's always asking me about assignments or something she needs help on and then she's always like oh you should do your work instead of going on that website (GDC) and Im always like well maybe you should do your own work instead of pesting me about it when i've already finished! Like jesus and during lunch breaks and stuff I have like other people from other classes that me and my 'friends' sit next to but I just got up and left and walked around the school to listen to Green Day cause i was done with their shit

Oxymore

This ain't new but I just saw this and it made me terribly sad..

solongfromthestars

I applied to volunteer at a cafe at a mental health unit, but I can't do it because I need to be available for a minimum of six months. :( I really wanted to do it because I'd know I was helping people directly and helping others with mental health issues is really important to me, but I can only do three months because I'm moving away for uni in September. Disappointing.

Also because of assholes letting their dogs attack the birds, one of my favourite places has been all fenced off so you can hardly walk around anymore. It's a real shame because it was such a lovely and unspoilt area and was a 20 minute walk from my house. I took this photo there:

1060304_orig.jpg

I wouldn't be able to take that now. :(

• Like 1

Libertine Angel

Damn, that looks good. Shame how gits always manage to spoil good things.

• Like 1

GreenDayBass

I applied to volunteer at a cafe at a mental health unit, but I can't do it because I need to be available for a minimum of six months. :( I really wanted to do it because I'd know I was helping people directly and helping others with mental health issues is really important to me, but I can only do three months because I'm moving away for uni in September. Disappointing.

Also because of assholes letting their dogs attack the birds, one of my favourite places has been all fenced off so you can hardly walk around anymore. It's a real shame because it was such a lovely and unspoilt area and was a 20 minute walk from my house. I took this photo there:

1060304_orig.jpg

I wouldn't be able to take that now. :(

Oh man. That seriously sucks. I"m sorry to hear that - I especially hate it when things like this happen due to dog owners not taking control and responsibility for their own dogs behavior. It's a terrible circumstance, but it is what it is I suppose. Usually that happens when dog owners are in favor of dis-concerning themselves with their own treatment.

solongfromthestars

Oh man. That seriously sucks. I"m sorry to hear that - I especially hate it when things like this happen due to dog owners not taking control and responsibility for their own dogs behavior. It's a terrible circumstance, but it is what it is I suppose. Usually that happens when dog owners are in favor of dis-concerning themselves with their own treatment.

It is a shame. :( There were lots of dog owners who were really careful when walking them there, so the minority have ruined it for them and their dogs too. I've been planning to get a dog for a while but I'd never have let them loose if there was a risk of them harming other animals.

I was just talking to someone about it and there were apparently some guys who kept taking their dirt bikes there too, which didn't help at all. Not cool.

GreenDayBass

It is a shame. :( There were lots of dog owners who were really careful when walking them there, so the minority have ruined it for them and their dogs too. I've been planning to get a dog for a while but I'd never have let them loose if there was a risk of them harming other animals.

I was just talking to someone about it and there were apparently some guys who kept taking their dirt bikes there too, which didn't help at all. Not cool.

Shouldn't there be some sort of restrictions there? I know for us in Canada they have restricted it so that all dogs must remain on a leash and if caught there would be a penalty. I'm not sure if that applies to dirt bike too, but I'm sure the penalty is more than progressed. Sometimes it comes down to how the dogs are trained though, but I'm sure other interests are taken into concern here as well.

Is there any way you can fight it off so they would remove it or not at all?

solongfromthestars

Shouldn't there be some sort of restrictions there? I know for us in Canada they have restricted it so that all dogs must remain on a leash and if caught there would be a penalty. I'm not sure if that applies to dirt bike too, but I'm sure the penalty is more than progressed. Sometimes it comes down to how the dogs are trained though, but I'm sure other interests are taken into concern here as well.

Is there any way you can fight it off so they would remove it or not at all?

There is a big sign telling people not to take their bikes there and I'm sure there's probably some restrictions for dogs too, but since it doesn't get many visitors, nobody gets spotted or reported. I could try contacting the people and arguing it but I can kind of understand why they've done it. =/ I think I'll just have to let this one go. Maybe if I get fitter I can climb over the fence. :lol:

GreenDayBass

There is a big sign telling people not to take their bikes there and I'm sure there's probably some restrictions for dogs too, but since it doesn't get many visitors, nobody gets spotted or reported. I could try contacting the people and arguing it but I can kind of understand why they've done it. =/ I think I'll just have to let this one go. Maybe if I get fitter I can climb over the fence. :lol:

Yeah and maybe later on they'll remove the fence once or if they see there may not be a use for it, after all if they do see more dogs being put on a leash. Although, I think the main thing they're more concerned about is the dirk bites, so there's a good chance they'll remove it anyways. It just takes a bit of timing and patience on other peoples part. Hey, there's always a positive to every side of this, right? :lol:

• Like 1

Spike

A friend of mine got married on 31st May. Her husband died on Monday. He had stomach cancer but they hadn't told anyone about it beyond immediate family. They found out about it two weeks before the wedding but didn't tell anyone before that because they wanted it to be a happy day. She got the professional photos back the morning after he died. He was only 32.

Cath

my 3 best friends all got bf in the past few months and everytime i try to organize something with them it fails because they can't and i'm leaving town for university in a month and a half so i won't see them much and i feel kinda sad about all of this

AlissaGoesRAWR

A friend of mine got married on 31st May. Her husband died on Monday. He had stomach cancer but they hadn't told anyone about it beyond immediate family. They found out about it two weeks before the wedding but didn't tell anyone before that because they wanted it to be a happy day. She got the professional photos back the morning after he died. He was only 32.

Oh my God. That's absolutely terrible. :(