Jump to content
Anaïs.

The Sad Thread

Recommended Posts

Misfit xo

I am unemployed for the first time in YEARS... I'm missing my ex girlfriend a lot.... I feel like everything is falling apart.  I have my own apartment and a 7 year old daughter; I NEED a job.  I've applied so many places - I know i'll find something soon, I'm just one of the most impatient people I know. 🤣😑

Regarding my ex girlfriend... We were off & on for about a year.  Broke up for 3 months, got back together, but this last and final time - I ended it.  So if I wasn't happy, why do I miss her so fucking much? Granted, it's the friendship aspect of the relationship that I miss, but still.  I found out yesterday, the letter I left on her desk at work, she threw away without even reading it. It wasn't a love letter or anything, but an apology note and just me trying to be her friend.  Everyone says give her time... time to forgive, time to heal, and time to move past what happened.  But honestly, I don't think i'll ever hear from her again.... and that breaks my heart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Collingordon96

Had a crush on this girl for months. Literally thought about her constantly. I would eat where she worked just to see her. I would try and look good everyday even if she wasn’t gonna be there, was kind of part of the excitement. Anyways she eventually gave me her number but not on the pretense you would think. She apparently sells wax and I was like sure. I never really cared about the weed once again, I was just happy to have her number. Wellllll finally I texted her pretty much saying it’s always business when we talk and I’d like to hang out sometime. I didn’t mention a date, just as friends. She hasn’t texted me back in a week. So I think I get the idea lol and sorry I’m drunk and bored lol 

Edited by Collingordon96

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fukingcounterstrike
3 hours ago, Collingordon96 said:

Had a crush on this girl for months. Literally thought about her constantly. I would eat where she worked just to see her. I would try and look good everyday even if she wasn’t gonna be there, was kind of part of the excitement. Anyways she eventually gave me her number but not on the pretense you would think. She apparently sells wax and I was like sure. I never really cared about the weed once again, I was just happy to have her number. Wellllll finally I texted her pretty much saying it’s always business when we talk and I’d like to hang out sometime. I didn’t mention a date, just as friends. She hasn’t texted me back in a week. So I think I get the idea lol and sorry I’m drunk and bored lol 

Hey, at least you used her number

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Collingordon96
4 hours ago, fukingcounterstrike said:

Hey, at least you used her number

True. Still kind of hurts that she couldn’t even tell me no. Instead she chooses to ghost me. But hey, it is what it is. On to the next one I suppose. 

Edited by Collingordon96
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
maryjanewhatsername
1 hour ago, Collingordon96 said:

True. Still kind of hurts that she couldn’t even tell me no. Instead she chooses to ghost me. But hey, it is what it is. On to the next one I suppose. 

If she is going to ghost you, that's her loss. Some things just aren't meant to be and I think this is a blessing in disguise! The typical "there are other fish in the sea" thing is true, but honestly that's not the only reason to move on. She's obviously not meant to be in your life and you will have so many opportunities in your life. Hopefully this experience helps you later on and that you find someone whose right for you! :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Khaleesi.

Found out today a friend from work lost his battle with stomach cancer. He was only 28. Last time I spoke with him he said he was doing well and was excited to see everyone again when he came back to work. My boss pulled those of us who were friends with him aside to let us know, before they announce it in our all staff meeting this afternoon. 

Very sad day in the office. 

  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WhiteTim
40 minutes ago, Khaleesi. said:

Found out today a friend from work lost his battle with stomach cancer. He was only 28. Last time I spoke with him he said he was doing well and was excited to see everyone again when he came back to work. My boss pulled those of us who were friends with him aside to let us know, before they announce it in our all staff meeting this afternoon. 

Very sad day in the office. 

Fuck cancer sorry for your loss 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Collingordon96
18 hours ago, maryjanewhatsername said:

If she is going to ghost you, that's her loss. Some things just aren't meant to be and I think this is a blessing in disguise! The typical "there are other fish in the sea" thing is true, but honestly that's not the only reason to move on. She's obviously not meant to be in your life and you will have so many opportunities in your life. Hopefully this experience helps you later on and that you find someone whose right for you! :)

Wise words. Thank you very much. I won’t let something like this bring me down \m/

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lindsay
8 hours ago, Khaleesi. said:

Found out today a friend from work lost his battle with stomach cancer. He was only 28. Last time I spoke with him he said he was doing well and was excited to see everyone again when he came back to work. My boss pulled those of us who were friends with him aside to let us know, before they announce it in our all staff meeting this afternoon. 

Very sad day in the office. 

Sorry for your loss Carling :hug: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WhiteTim

So I’m scrolling thru my FB newsfeed last night and I see a post that has a pic of my friend that one of her friends posted with RIP over the pic I’m like why is RIP written over a picture of my friend cause my friend was just posting that day? I go to her profile and sure enough she passed away... years ago we talked everyday for a few months over the phone (as we lived in different states) but after insecurities kicked in I drifted away and since then just been the typical friends on FB who like statues and occasionally respond to a post from time to time just sad she was just like 30-31 years old 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WhiteTim

Damn my friends family is going thru it 

the one I just posted who passed away her brother last week fought a thief and got shot 5 times was in ICU and just came home and that night my friend passed away man can’t even imagine what her parents are going thru son shot 5 times and then having their daughter pass away life is really cruel 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Khaleesi.

My sisters boyfriend broke up with her completely out of the blue and kicked her out of their house. My heart is completely breaking for her :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
maryjanewhatsername
1 hour ago, Khaleesi. said:

My sisters boyfriend broke up with her completely out of the blue and kicked her out of their house. My heart is completely breaking for her :( 

Aw :( I'm so sorry! Any inkling into why this douche would do such a thing? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Khaleesi.
1 hour ago, maryjanewhatsername said:

Aw :( I'm so sorry! Any inkling into why this douche would do such a thing? 

Because he’s a douche. 

Hes done this once before (she wasn’t officially living with him at the time though), and he came crawling back a week later, begging for her forgiveness. I hope she tells him to go fuck himself if he tries it again.

She’s moving all her stuff into my house, so everything is really hectic and stressful right now. I don’t do well with change and clutter and now it’s suddenly very packed in here. Plus she’s moved all her animals in, so it’s gotten quite loud :lol: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
maryjanewhatsername
2 hours ago, Khaleesi. said:

Because he’s a douche. 

Hes done this once before (she wasn’t officially living with him at the time though), and he came crawling back a week later, begging for her forgiveness. I hope she tells him to go fuck himself if he tries it again.

She’s moving all her stuff into my house, so everything is really hectic and stressful right now. I don’t do well with change and clutter and now it’s suddenly very packed in here. Plus she’s moved all her animals in, so it’s gotten quite loud :lol: 

 

Oh my! :lol: hope everything goes well and she borrows your balls to tell him to fuck off :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlissaGoesRAWR

RIP Grumpy Cat ;___;

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Adorkable

I need to vent. Thing 2 just finished her freshman year of college. She is on the soccer team. Thing 2 is a very polarizing person, you either love her or you hate her. However, she is not a mean or cruel person. Most of the soccer team hates her and this group of girls can be very, very mean. There was a transfer student on the team and the girls created a separate group chat just to bad mouth her.

The team planned a trip to France to see the  World Cup. It was not mandatory. Out of the 29 girls on the team, only 14 went. Thing 2 chose not to go. While they were in France, they took a group photo. One of the girls photoshopped pictures of all the teammates that could not make the trip and posted it to the group chat. That is every team member except Thing 2. They even put the transfer student that everyone hates in the photo. 

I literally cannot stop crying right now. I just don't understand the abject cruelty.  

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
She-Loves-Him
19 minutes ago, Adorkable said:

I need to vent. Thing 2 just finished her freshman year of college. She is on the soccer team. Thing 2 is a very polarizing person, you either love her or you hate her. However, she is not a mean or cruel person. Most of the soccer team hates her and this group of girls can be very, very mean. There was a transfer student on the team and the girls created a separate group chat just to bad mouth her.

The team planned a trip to France to see the  World Cup. It was not mandatory. Out of the 29 girls on the team, only 14 went. Thing 2 chose not to go. While they were in France, they took a group photo. One of the girls photoshopped pictures of all the teammates that could not make the trip and posted it to the group chat. That is every team member except Thing 2. They even put the transfer student that everyone hates in the photo. 

I literally cannot stop crying right now. I just don't understand the abject cruelty.  

That is so awful :( How is she taking it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Adorkable
5 minutes ago, She-Loves-Him said:

That is so awful :( How is she taking it?

I got out of her that she thought she got along with the girl that did the picture. So, I told her to contact the girl privately and ask her politely why she was left off. It could have just been an oversight. She is considering quitting the team. I just told her that she has time, so don't make a decision today. She can even play the season and if it is still bad, she can just quit the team mid-season. She is there for school, not to play soccer. But she does love to play and it breaks my heart that she is going through this and that her soccer career may end like this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Bellie

@Adorkable I'm sorry, I'm quite a polarizing person myself and I know it can be hard to have a whole group bullying/ignoring you!

Maybe she could join a soccer team outside the school? Anyway, even if she leaves the team, she needs to keep her head up and be happy about it, the others are just a bunch of stupid people who don't deserve to play with her!

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beerjeezus

I'm sorry, it just feels bad to be left out.

I agree with the Bellie. Thing 2 shouldn't let it take her down and give up playing soccer. If I were in her place I'd ignore the photo incident and see how the season goes. In the meantime I'd look for a team to join if it doesn't improve.

Tbh uni sport isn't a thing here so I don't understand if there are any major drawbacks in leaving the team.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lizziebix
9 hours ago, Adorkable said:

I need to vent. Thing 2 just finished her freshman year of college. She is on the soccer team. Thing 2 is a very polarizing person, you either love her or you hate her. However, she is not a mean or cruel person. Most of the soccer team hates her and this group of girls can be very, very mean. There was a transfer student on the team and the girls created a separate group chat just to bad mouth her.

The team planned a trip to France to see the  World Cup. It was not mandatory. Out of the 29 girls on the team, only 14 went. Thing 2 chose not to go. While they were in France, they took a group photo. One of the girls photoshopped pictures of all the teammates that could not make the trip and posted it to the group chat. That is every team member except Thing 2. They even put the transfer student that everyone hates in the photo. 

I literally cannot stop crying right now. I just don't understand the abject cruelty.  

Why do girls have to be so mean to each other?  I'm so sorry for Thing 2.  Give her an extra hug from me and tell her whatever she decides, it's for the best. (Secretly hoping she'll stick it out.)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Adorkable
19 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

I'm sorry, it just feels bad to be left out.

I agree with the Bellie. Thing 2 shouldn't let it take her down and give up playing soccer. If I were in her place I'd ignore the photo incident and see how the season goes. In the meantime I'd look for a team to join if it doesn't improve.

Tbh uni sport isn't a thing here so I don't understand if there are any major drawbacks in leaving the team.

Thanks, I'm not sure what she will be doing yet. She has alot of time to make the decision. She doens't lose anything by leaving the team. In the US, sports are split in 3 divisions, DI, DII and DIII. The split is based on how much athletic scholarship they can give. DI can give the most, DII the next and DIII can't give any athletic scholarships. She is DIII so all her scholarships are academic and can't be taken away if she leaves the team.

14 hours ago, lizziebix said:

Why do girls have to be so mean to each other?  I'm so sorry for Thing 2.  Give her an extra hug from me and tell her whatever she decides, it's for the best. (Secretly hoping she'll stick it out.)

That is what gets me. Why do they have to be so mean? They don't have to like her, but she isn't mean and she is still a part of the team. The problem is there are a few girls that are really bad, maybe 4 or 5 out of 29 girls. They are of course, extreme vocal. The rest of the girls won't stick up for anyone because they don't want these girls to turn on them, so most of the girls just keep their mouths shut.

Half of me wants her to play and kick their asses and the other half wants her to quit and get out of this extremely toxic environment. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Great Saiyaman

Really sad right now. One of my favorite YouTubers who I've been watching for years named Etika just died. I just can't believe this actually happened. Seeing his mental health completely deteriorate over the past year was just terrible. His last video right before he committed suicide is one of the saddest things I've ever seen. Currently just thinking about his family and hoping they're okay. Always loved watching him and his amazing positivity. Guy loved what he did and his viewers. I miss him so much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
She-Loves-Him

I volunteer doing roadkill surveys every Thursday, and today there was a dead duckling :cry: 
It had a little baby duck beak and little baby webbed feet and was still soft and yellow :( 

For the most part, the animals are in pretty bad shape and it's a bit of a guessing game to figure out what they even are, which makes it a bit easier to detach from the fact that they're cute animals... but poor baby duck was still recognizable.

(It is for an organization that almost hired me/I really want to work at, otherwise I wouldn't spend two hours a week with dead animals)

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×