Anaïs.

The Sad Thread

Khaleesi.

This year has been a fucking bitch to me in just about every aspect of my life except for work. In all honesty, half the time I wish I didn't exist. I wish that I was air, or a plant, or simply nothing. I know, I know "it's all gonna be worth it someday", but what if it isn't? And I'm tired of waiting.

well for what it's worth, you're beautiful and i'm really glad you exist <3

hope you feel better soon, love. :hug:

Emilie

I got rejected for youth allowance today. Which means I need to get a job. But I can't because of my stupid disability. I also can't get a disability pension because they cut the funding and tightened the criteria. I used to qualify for it but now...

If I was living on my own and independent I could get youth allowance. But to do that I would need a job, which I can't get.

So I'm basically screwed and I need to live off my dad for another 3+ years

Backyard Skulls

Hearing about the fire at the Glasgow School of Art :( the building designed by Charles Rennie Mackintosh is completely gutted. All of the final year students had their degree shows today. 4 years of work is gone in an instant. I can't even imagine how they're all feeling right now.

rootbeersoup

The latest GDC drama is slowing down =/

• Like 1

Ryan

It is? I wonder if anything can be done about that.

rootbeersoup

Spoke too soon. Shout out to phslaxmidi10 for making this all possible.

Anaïs.

The California shooter has shaken me up far more than Sandy Hook did. Jesus fucking Christ.

Emilie

I have to be at school for 10 hours today and I woke up with a pinched nerve

Spike

My mother in law killed a stag beetle in the garden today. I don't know why but it made me really sad.

AlissaGoesRAWR

In hindsight, I truthfully don't think I've ever felt actual love toward my mother and I don't think I ever will. Her entire demeanor has always disgusted me, her behavior has destroyed me emotionally and I never want to be any of the things she is as a mother. These past few months have brought me to this realization and now that I've moved out I'm finally able to accept it. It kills me because I look, apparently, just like her, or so I've heard.

Spike

In hindsight, I truthfully don't think I've ever felt actual love toward my mother and I don't think I ever will. Her entire demeanor has always disgusted me, her behavior has destroyed me emotionally and I never want to be any of the things she is as a mother. These past few months have brought me to this realization and now that I've moved out I'm finally able to accept it. It kills me because I look, apparently, just like her, or so I've heard.

That's exactly how I feel about my mother. Well, apart from the bit about how it'll affect me as a mother, y'know. I feel the same about my dad, actually. It's not fun, obviously, but it's a healthy realisation to come to, however negative the reality is.

colour_me_stupid_

Back in March I sent a volunteer form up to the Dogs Trust as it turned out that they were quite close to the house I was renting for the year at uni.

Never heard anything until today, when I get an email inviting me to an induction day this Saturday :( I've moved back home at this stage! I'd have absolutely loved volunteering there. Oh well. When I move back I'll send another form.

AlissaGoesRAWR

That's exactly how I feel about my mother. Well, apart from the bit about how it'll affect me as a mother, y'know. I feel the same about my dad, actually. It's not fun, obviously, but it's a healthy realisation to come to, however negative the reality is.

There's been a big conflict going on in my family for the past few weeks (don't want to delve into it too much right now), and it's basically tearing us all apart. I can't even talk to her rationally without her getting angry if I don't adapt to her warped point of view. I went home, sat alone and thought a long time, and that's when I realized I truthfully wouldn't mind if she was in my life or not from this day forward. I adore my dad, but my mom is of no value to my life. She makes it worse, not better.

She was the type of mother who forced us to tell her we loved her and got mad at us if we didn't. She's warped my perception of the word "love" into a fake word that doesn't really matter most days. I feel like most people just say it to feel good about themselves when the other person says it back. I'm weird, I know.

wood

She was the type of mother who forced us to tell her we loved her and got mad at us if we didn't. She's warped my perception of the word "love" into a fake word that doesn't really matter most days. I feel like most people just say it to feel good about themselves when the other person says it back. I'm weird, I know.

One of a few reasons I capitalize the L and I never say "I Love you, too." It's not a response. If I Love someone, I do it separately and I won't just say it back. Just because someone says they Love you doesn't mean they're entitled to hear it back.

• Like 2

Spike

There's been a big conflict going on in my family for the past few weeks (don't want to delve into it too much right now), and it's basically tearing us all apart. I can't even talk to her rationally without her getting angry if I don't adapt to her warped point of view. I went home, sat alone and thought a long time, and that's when I realized I truthfully wouldn't mind if she was in my life or not from this day forward. I adore my dad, but my mom is of no value to my life. She makes it worse, not better.

This all sounds scarily familiar, you have my sympathy. Apart from the fact I hate my dad too... But yeah, my mum has always tried to force me to say I love her, and I haven't said it once since I was 12 because I'm not a liar. I don't think you're weird, unless I am too.

AlissaGoesRAWR

Just because someone says they Love you doesn't mean they're entitled to hear it back.

This is basically my issue. My mom would throw a shit fit or punish me, and it's like, why is it an expectation for you, rather than a true feeling you appreciate when expressed?

This all sounds scarily familiar, you have my sympathy. Apart from the fact I hate my dad too... But yeah, my mum has always tried to force me to say I love her, and I haven't said it once since I was 12 because I'm not a liar. I don't think you're weird, unless I am too.

Seriously, sometimes I think we're the same person. This proposed trip to England of mine must happen next year so I can officially meet you.

• Like 1

WhiteTim

Woke up to a email from my sons mother saying our son could be bi polar being evaluated in two weeks

Backyard Skulls

My little sister started crying talking about my great granny and how she's up in the sky and asking why she couldn't see her. My heart is breaking into a million bits :(

She-Loves-Him

My favourite work friend is leaving for another job next week and I'm so sad :( He's the greatest kid and we get along so well and I know he likes me as much as I like him.

At least we go to the same uni so we can chill.

Libertine Angel

I have a Physics exam on Monday and the only friend I have in the class (who I've been friends with for 6 years and feel very strongly about) didn't bother to show up to the lesson today. Or yesterday, when we got the results of the mock we did on Wednesday. Or any of the lessons last week. I still can't work out whether I'm angry about him wasting his time and intelligence, or I'm just sad and disappointed.

klytaemnestra

my sister and i were having a dominos-related argument on twitter and dominos got involved and took her side. i feel betrayed.

lizziebix

my sister and i were having a dominos-related argument on twitter and dominos got involved and took her side. i feel betrayed.

I understand you're upset you feel betrayed but how cool is it that Domino's actually got involved in the twitter conversation at all?

klytaemnestra

I understand you're upset you feel betrayed but how cool is it that Domino's actually got involved in the twitter conversation at all?

yeah it was pretty awesome haha. sainsbury's (uk supermarket) tweeted my sister earlier too cos she @'d them in a tweet to me. crazy stuff, all these companies have interns monitoring their mentions 24/7.

lizziebix

yeah it was pretty awesome haha. sainsbury's (uk supermarket) tweeted my sister earlier too cos she @'d them in a tweet to me. crazy stuff, all these companies have interns monitoring their mentions 24/7.

Very cool.

I think our company does that too. And they have a twitter feed on our intranet home page showing all the lovely things being said about all our lovely restaurants/arenas/stadiums/racetracks/ballparks food. :rolleyes: