Supporting Brittney

Cruise

With the recent announcement that Mike Dirn'ts wife Brittney, has been diagnosed with breast cancer, I thought it would be nice for the community to get behind Brittney and Mike to show out support.

I was thinking that we could get a video together similar to the ones the community has done in the past for their birthdays. Showing our prays and wishes for them and her massive battle. I am sure both Brittney and Mike would really appreciate the support, since over the years they have shown us a great deal of their lives.

Any thoughts on this? I posted this in the Important message thread and a few people thought it was a good idea.

Those that are in:

• Oxymore
  • StuckWithDom
  • Ritz
  • xxPistolxx
  • HitchinARideToPasalacqua
  • missminority182
  • Avox
  • Mara Garcia Green Day
  • Ludwig van Beethoven
  • ¡Viva La Abbie!
  • Green Day In Seattle

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I support your idea, it would certainly make them happy so that they know that their fans are always with them

I don't know if you're interested but I will make a video or a collage(depends on the number of photos that I'll get) for Brittney...If someone wants to take part in it,he/she has to send me a photo with a pink(color of breast cancer) handgrenade or any wish he/she would like to send to her,as soon as possible..so if someone wants to know more just message me!

I'm a so sorry Mike and Brittney, but I support your idea and i wish her luck in recovery!!! :)

Yes let's certainly do this. Let's go pink for Britt

I don't tend to participate in these (although I think it's a great idea), but whatever you do don't set the video to Wake Me Up When September Ends. Yes, it's appropriately related, but it's also about death and I would recommend a song like Poprocks and Coke or something more similar to that.

I don't tend to participate in these (although I think it's a great idea), but whatever you do don't set the video to Wake Me Up When September Ends. Yes, it's appropriately related, but it's also about death and I would recommend a song like Poprocks and Coke or something more similar to that.

You're right, it's a really sad song and we have to send positive thoughts !! :)

I'm really happy to participate, in any way whatsoever !

That would be just great! We'd have loads of GDC members make a short video of them sending a message to Mike and Brittney, and then mix it all together and send it! And i agree on the positive songs idea, its much better that way. I'm all in!

I don't know if you're interested but I will make a video or a collage(depends on the number of photos that I'll get) for Brittney...If someone wants to take part in it,he/she has to send me a photo with a pink(color of breast cancer) handgrenade or any wish he/she would like to send to her,as soon as possible..so if someone wants to know more just message me!

i can send in a pink heart hand grenade i edited. i'll pm you then.

Yes, i'm in! :D But when we have to send the pictures or the messages?

Btw, I think it's a great idea if you use the song Poprocks and Coke :)

I think Carpe diem would be a good choice

Except the fact that I can't stand that song, it seems to be a good choice thanks to the lyrics... A good choice with Poprocks and coke...

Yeah if you do this, make it as upbeat and positive as possible! That's how mike and Britt are (publicly at least) handling it. If you're gonna use a green day song how about something like hearts collide (lyrics aren't that much of a match but it's upbeat and happy) or she's a rebel or something like that.

I think Carpe Diem is a terrible choice. Lyrics that ask "Are we all too young to die?" .... That's a pretty awkward and morbid question to ask someone who is facing cancer. Yes it's a pump up song, but it's a sensitivity thing.

And specifically, what do we put in that video ?

that's what i want to know

I think Carpe Diem is a terrible choice. Lyrics that ask "Are we all too young to die?" .... That's a pretty awkward and morbid question to ask someone who is facing cancer. Yes it's a pump up song, but it's a sensitivity thing.

omh I forgot that line cause I didn't listen to it for ages !!

yea I just remembered that line...woops. Poprocks and coke is probably the best choice

''I will dare, keep in mind
I don’t care

I’ll be there for you''

Seems to be a really good choice for the circonstance :)

Archived