Important message from Mike

AngelBlue_

mmmm I tend to agree. With something as personal as this it should stay relatively private.

How private it should stay is a personal decision to be made by the person suffering from this horrible disease. It's no one else's business. I don't really know why people feel it's their place to comment on this, Brittney is the only person who knows what's best for her own well being.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i also think the eveyone should handle his sickness the way he or she feels most comfortable with and don't care what others say or comment because those people don't have any clue abouth whats going on in ones life or state of mind

Isn't it true that a big part of a recovery process can be your mental state as well? My point is that if they choose to share their journey with us and it makes the happy to see all the support they have...they should do it!

I also think that by showing us what chemo entails and all the things that happen that it makes people maybe less fearful if it ever happens to them. It's scary to go into something completely blind.

I think it's good that she's willing to share the experience. Obviously each to their own and if someone wants to keep it private then that's entirely up to them, but I do think someone being so open about it also does a lot of good. Cancer is such a common thing but many people don't have a great deal of understanding about it. I was 19 when both of my grandads got cancer, and I'd been aware of what a horrible illness it is for most of my life, but when it happened to them I still had no idea what it involved, and everything it did to them and the treatment they received was a complete shock. I think it's brave of Britt to share so much of the experience, and in the long run I think it'll do a lot of good for many people.

HOW did I miss this while I was gone? Holy. Shit. How terrible. :(

brittney and mike probably want to underline that you have to make the best out of such situations and that life carries on and that's a great motivation to people in the same state

I don't really know why people feel it's their place to comment on this, Brittney is the only person who knows what's best for her own well being.

It's not that it's not her prerogative. Even though these are totally not comparable things, but I kind of have the same gut reaction to a picture of her in chemo as I have to pictures of her naked in bed----feeling like I shouldn't be seeing this and it's weird to post it. Obviously in both situations she is comfortable with it and wants it out there, for good reasons too, as mentioned above, and obviously cancer awareness has a lot more merit than lingerie poses, but it's that same kind of feeling. It's totally true that this may be making her feel better and that's the most important thing.

Everyone has his/her own feelings towards certain pictures, and it´s just fair to have them and to utter them. It´s just another statement as are the pics of Britt. And I personally can agree with Heather. Wish Britt what´s best for her.

Mike and Britt's outreach to the fans gives us a channel to help support them in return. Just hope they're finding it possible to draw some strength from the feedback. *sigh*

I also agree that there isn't anything wrong with seeking positivity and suport from fans and other people during bad stages of your life, that's most likely Britney's intent with the photos.

Archived