5th Anniversary of 21st Century Breakdown

AmyxLongview

Due to 21 Guns, I'm embarrassed to say I listen to 21CB. So that's why I don't really listen to it.

I don't even know what I'm supposed to take away from this post.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why be embarrassed? There's no shame in liking the popular singles. It's still a great song

Because it's the song that all the emo kids and the musical cast kids like. Two groups in my school that i'd prefer to have nothing in common with

That's fine. I think I might've contradicted myself there :lol:

Because it's the song that all the emo kids and the musical cast kids like. Two groups in my school that i'd prefer to have nothing in common with

That's fine. I think I might've contradicted myself there :lol:

Yeah I know what you mean. But you shouldn't let high school cliques interfere with you liking a song :) plus all those kids probably like all of the songs on AI too haha especially since the musical came out

That if one song isn't to one person's taste it makes another 17 songs shit, or something?

It's been 5 years since the day Hot Topic's profitability went up with the merchandise sales being sold widely tying in with the release.

I listened to it today without even realising it was the anniversary :lol:

I only recently realized that "The Peacemaker" was a gun and I've been waiting for a moment when that'd be relevant to say but nothing's come up so this thread will have to do.

It is? How so?

*waits for NimrodJimrod to arrive and start slinging shit*

Nah, I changed my mind about 21CB a while ago.

It is? How so?

Nah, I changed my mind about 21CB a while ago.

I know, but I felt obligated. :P

21CBD and my kid are the same age!

I remember buying the album and listening to it while she was in her tiny baby seat in the back of my car. Good times, great album <3

Nothing like banging to the sounds of Stop Drop and Roll, the lovemaking intensified by the excitement of the coming Green Day album.

Nothing like banging to the sounds of Stop Drop and Roll, the lovemaking intensified by the excitement of the coming Green Day album.

Um.

That if one song isn't to one person's taste it makes another 17 songs shit, or something?

Like the entire trilogy, right?

It is? How so?

It's a revolver used by the US, I think

It is? How so?

"Now the caretaker's the undertaker so I'm gonna go out and get a peacemaker"

"This Beretta of the night"

It's about the war, supported by the mention of Gaza. Also "the infidels are gonna pay" switching things around. The line "vendetta, sweet vendetta" is most likely about 9/11 being used to justify everything.

Seriously though I have no idea what you mean by that :P

He means that people always just bring up Nightlife and a few other choice tracks when talking about why the trilogy's shit. He made the classic mistake of thinking everyone on the internet is the same person.

He means that people always just bring up Nightlife and a few other choice tracks when talking about why the trilogy's shit. He made the classic mistake of thinking everyone on the internet is the same person.

They aren't? Crap.

Wait, so only 1 person likes MCR?

So anyways, I care enough about the album to highlight the broad range of beautiful vocabulary and choice words and phrases of Billie Joe's creativity. Here are my favorite lines from this album

The pillar of damage control (21cb)

freedom to obey (21cb)

I got the rejection letter in the mail and it was already ripped to shreds (Christian's Inferno)

And it's non-denominational (EJN)

I want to know who's allowed to breed

All the dogs who never learned to read

Missionary politicians (EJN)

She will come in first for the end of western civilization (LotAG)

Well everything that you employ was meant for me to destroy to the ground (Horseshoes & Handgrenades)

Then I found the pavement to take the liars down

But it's gone forever, but never too late (See the Light)

Those are some good ones, but I think the fact that every other line is just "look how many opposites I can say!" takes away from it a lot. I like the album more for its orchestration.

Those are some good ones, but I think the fact that every other line is just "look how many opposites I can say!" takes away from it a lot. I like the album more for its orchestration.

I get what you're saying. Murder City is one of my favorites, but the lyrics aren't special at all.

Archived