5th Anniversary of 21st Century Breakdown

AmyxLongview

21st Century Breakdown came out in the US 5 years ago today! Definitely one of my favorite Green Day albums. They experimented a lot with the songs but I think their core sound was still there. I still remember hearing it for the first time and being blown away by how complex and epic it was. The 21CB tour was also the first time I saw Green Day live which was amazing :)!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy 5th birthday 21st Century Breakdown!! One of my favorite albums, the songs were some of the best imo. To celebrate I made a video for Green Day: Rock Band playing the album in full!

One of my fav albums. I remember listening it all the way through but didn't like it too much, til I heard See The Ligt. I also rembember having it one repeat on my iPod when I was driving from Norway to Sweden, which took about 12 hours. That's when I fell in love with it.

Epic album, happy birthday.

*waits for NimrodJimrod to arrive and start slinging shit*

To celebrate the 5th anniversary, Darth Praxus and I have been parodying the album. Click here. :ninja:

Seriously though. I feel so old. Absolutely fantastic album, I can't believe it's been half a decade already. I'll always associate it with where I was in my life at the time, and so much has changed since then, it's crazy.

To celebrate the 5th anniversary, Darth Praxus and I have been parodying the album. Click here. :ninja:

Seriously though. I feel so old. Absolutely fantastic album, I can't believe it's been half a decade already. I'll always associate it with where I was in my life at the time, and so much has changed since then, it's crazy.

We're such shameless self-promoters. :D

Jesus, that didn't even hit me until you said it. Half a fucking decade ago. It's been half a decade since the last good Green Day album. Just...Jesus, I feel old too.

I only recently realized that "The Peacemaker" was a gun and I've been waiting for a moment when that'd be relevant to say but nothing's come up so this thread will have to do.

By far my least favorite album but I shan't shit post here.

We're such shameless self-promoters. :D

Jesus, that didn't even hit me until you said it. Half a fucking decade ago. It's been half a decade since the last good Green Day album. Just...Jesus, I feel old too.

You were 12 :mellow:

Okay, I feel old/young.

And I was your age :runaround:

I wish I was still 17, I've royally fucked everything up since then. :lol:

Ah, I remember being 16 and buying the album right after school was finished for that day. Haven't given the album a proper listen recently (or any Green Day for that matter) so might do that soon. Great album.

21CBD and my kid are the same age!

I remember buying the album and listening to it while she was in her tiny baby seat in the back of my car. Good times, great album <3

Due to 21 Guns, I'm embarrassed to say I listen to 21CB. So that's why I don't really listen to it.

21st century breakdown was a fantastic album that isnt appreciated enough. There are are a few songs that could have been dropped. It would have been better as a 13 - 14 song album. SOTC, Christians inferno, LOTAG and See the Light don't really work for me. That said, I do like the lyrics on See the Light and SOTC as a concert opener was brilliant :)

5 years old....wow. That means 5 years ago I was in my dorm skipping school to go to the mall to get 21st Century Breakdown :D Good times.

Due to 21 Guns, I'm embarrassed to say I listen to 21CB. So that's why I don't really listen to it.

You could easily skip that song...

I can't believe it's been five years! I was 10 when this came out. I remember seeing the ad campaign and know your enemy on the Uk top 40. That's extremely rare, for a rock song to do well in pop charts. Fantastic album!

Why be embarrassed? There's no shame in liking the popular singles. It's still a great song

Archived