Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spike

Secrets Thread 3: Resurrection

Spike

Secret #12

At one time I found ifmemoryserves to be impossibly annoying but since the years have passed and her recent return I now think I never appreciated her enough; she actually posts with reason and critical thinking amidst the new sea of trolls and fuckwits floating around the forum these days.

Secret #13

moustache by twin twin should not have bombed eurovision.

Secret #14

I kinda have a crush on Hannah (Dr. Queen Schultz) she's really funny and pretty and awesome and yeah

Well we all know who sent #14

Spike

Yes, I'm gay. That's why I'm marrying the woman I've been with for four and a half years and live with, when in fact I'm in a secret gay relationship with a guy from Canada I've never met.

Adam is pretty fucking fabulous though.

o_O

Secret #06

Secret 6 are you Billie Joe? :lol:

GreenDayBass

Yes, I'm gay. That's why I'm marrying the woman I've been with for four and a half years and live with, when in fact I'm in a secret gay relationship with a guy from Canada I've never met.

Adam is pretty fucking fabulous though.

Aww, bby :blush:

Uhh, I mean...thank you for your kind words!

ifmemoryserves

@ #10 and #12 hey wassup glad to be back :toocool:

Overjoyyed

#5 I feel the same way in any social situations real life and internet. It would seem like it would be so much easier on the internet you get the lag time to think of things to say, you're talking to people you share common interest in, etc- I get so socially awkward and don't know how to keep a convo enough to even try to pm anyone here. I feel like I know a ton of people here - being here for over a year- but in such a stalker way- like I know a lot about them (at least how they portray themselves on GDC- and no one knows me. But yeah pm me mystery person- we could be awkward together!

#6 I feel like it should be socially acceptable for guys to wear makeup. If you want to cover up a pimple or wear guy liner you go ahead!

In a world where everyone is obsessed with looks maybe it soon will be socially acceptable

Mar

No. 12 is so true (although I never found her annoying)!

Hermione

#5 Part of that could just be that not everyone on here is that into talking via PM, some people just prefer to mostly post on the forum. Plus a conversation can just naturally end, someone can be busy or can't be bothered to reply to any of their PMs etc, or maybe just isn't that great at keeping conversations going either. There's lots of possible reasons, it won't just be all you! I'd say try posting more on the forum, make that your main focus here, and if you feel like PMing someone as a result then great but if a conversation doesn't carry on as long as you might've hoped don't worry about it too much and carry on enjoying the main part of the forum.

Todd

@#5, pretty sure that happens to everyone at some point, sometimes after 12 pages of conversation, sometimes only 1. People just run out of things to talk about I guess. I know I'm guilty of not replying to PMs, that's just my socially awkward self I guess :lol:

I hate PM's, it feels too pressured. I never respond, well hardly ever. if I do it's because we're really close but even then I tend to forget.

Trotsky

I usually treat PM's with people I don't normally talk to like a conversation with a friend while you're both drunk. It goes on until there is a point where one of you can only say "yeah, pretty much" or something similar and then you both go silent.

November's Storms

#5, I've had people PM me for a chat before, and while I do appreciate it, if they are just doing the usual small talk it doesn't matter how well they mean to be, it's just not interesting or the ideal way to conduct a conversation.

ifmemoryserves

i've never really used the PM system on here much. most of the ones i still have are just the mods threatening me.

GreenDayBass

I'm always PMing people, but I only do it with friends on here and sometimes with anyone who wants to invoke a conversation, really. I have some PMs to get back to that I've been putting off for over a month and I feel bad about it cause I know they're probably awaiting a reply. At least two of the PMs I'm referring to are pretty lengthy, so we never run out of stuff to talk about, but if we do, we either just kill it off with time or we just go on to a new subject. Some of the subjects have been going on for a few months too, I guess it just comes naturally when discussing certain things.

Sarcasm

I usually treat PM's with people I don't normally talk to like a conversation with a friend while you're both drunk. It goes on until there is a point where one of you can only say "yeah, pretty much" or something similar and then you both go silent.

-hey

-hey

-whats up?

-not much, you?

-same

...some 5 hours later

-I gotta go, see you.

-bye.

o_O

i rarely pm.... most of my pms are the mods, or Florence. :lol:

i've never really used the PM system on here much. most of the ones i still have are just the mods threatening me.

*rebel high five*

*rebel high five*

omg you're ceadog again i miss I <3 Dos.

Spike

I'm always PMing people, but I only do it with friends on here and sometimes with anyone who wants to invoke a conversation, really. I have some PMs to get back to that I've been putting off for over a month and I feel bad about it cause I know they're probably awaiting a reply. At least two of the PMs I'm referring to are pretty lengthy, so we never run out of stuff to talk about, but if we do, we either just kill it off with time or we just go on to a new subject. Some of the subjects have been going on for a few months too, I guess it just comes naturally when discussing certain things.

Speaking of which, you still owe me one and I owe you at least three.

I use the PMs more than the actual forum these days, as hard as that may be to believe.

GreenDayBass

Speaking of which, you still owe me one and I owe you at least three.

I use the PMs more than the actual forum these days, as hard as that may be to believe.

:lol: I know I owe you one - I was being lazy this past month and was actually referring to you as one of the others I need to get back to. Just pray that it's not over 100,000 words.

Eva

I use PMs quite often, actually. They're how I've made most of my close GDC friends. :lol: I mean, I have a 23 page PM with Al (Minigun) going right now that we started back in February of 2013, so sometimes it works out. But yeah, #5, I wouldn't blame it on yourself. :) There are some people who are great at sending PMs back and then there are people who aren't, and chances are the people you're sending messages to are just forgetful or don't use the system much in the first place.

solongfromthestars

Yeah some people are just bad at replying, I know it's easy to get paranoid but most of the time it really isn't anything personal. I always mean to reply to messages, but I get distracted or think "I'll reply to that later" and end up not doing it, then when I remember it feels like I've left it too long to reply.

Tubbie Head

I hate PM's, it feels too pressured. I never respond, well hardly ever. if I do it's because we're really close but even then I tend to forget.

Yeah, I'm also like this, for some reason PMs intimidate me a bit :lol: But I'm just a weird non-social person that might be why... I just wish I was better at keeping conversations going!

Backyard Skulls

Not keen on PMs :P I have only had a few but I don't really like them, I always forget to reply and feel it's too awkward to continue the conversation.

I got like 5 PMs when demlicious was leaked from random noobs wanting links :lol: