Green Day as a break-up mix tape

mrpink1507

So, I just broke up with my fiancee after four years. It's been really hard, and my moods keep swinging from depression to anger to even manic joy.

So, obviously, I just sat here for over an hour creating a mix tape of Green Day songs for a break up CD. I wanted to see what you guys think, and see if there's any great break-up sad/angry/whatever songs that I forgot.

The only obvious song I skipped was "Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)", because the tempo/sound didn't really fit with the rest of the mix CD.

(Also, I realize "Stuck With Me" is from Insomniac, but for some reason I grabbed the "International Superhits" track. It's the same recording, though).

Tracks:

1- Stuart and the Ave. (Insomniac)

2- You Lied (Shenanigans)

3- Letterbomb (American Idiot)

4- Disappearing Boy (1039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours)

5- Too Much Too Soon (American Idiot Single B-Side)

6- Sick of Me (Shenanigans)

7- Having a Blast (Dookie)

8- Armatage Shanks (Insomniac)

9- I Want to Be Alone (1039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours)

10- Take Back (Nimrod)

11- 86 (Insomniac)

12- Stuck With Me (International Superhits)

13- Jinx (Nimrod)

14- Castaway (Warning)

15- Horseshoes and Handgrenades (21st Century Breakdown)

16- Bab's Uvula Who? (Insomniac)

17- Haushinka (Nimrod)

18- Panic Song (Insomniac)

19- In the End (Dookie)

20- Ha Ha You're Dead (Shenanigans)

21- Lazy Bones (Dos!)

22- Amanda (Tre!)

23- Walk Away (Tre!)

24- Words I Might Have Ate (Kerplunk)

Thoughts?

if you broke up with me and gave ma a fucking CD I wouldn't listen to a single track of it. Just saying.

if you broke up with me and gave ma a fucking CD I wouldn't listen to a single track of it. Just saying.

No, the CD is for me to blast in my car.

Stuart and the Ave is literally the only song needed. That's it.

You heartless bastard.

No, the CD is for me to blast in my car.

isn't it better to fill the CD with happy songs so you don't turn out as a bitter guy no one wants to be around?

isn't it better to fill the CD with happy songs so you don't turn out as a bitter guy no one wants to be around?

That's idiotic. The point is that the CD is meant to help process through the emotions of a bad break-up.

Don't Leave Me seems like a pretty glaring omission.

Done purposefully so. It is a good song for a break-up, if you're thinking "don't leave me" about the person. But...I'm not. I'm more angry/bitter about all of it than wishing I could have them back, you know?

Stuart and the Ave is literally the only song needed. That's it.

There's a reason it's the first track.

So, I just broke up with my fiancee after four years. It's been really hard, and my moods keep swinging from depression to anger to even manic joy.

So, obviously, I just sat here for over an hour creating a mix tape of Green Day songs for a break up CD. I wanted to see what you guys think, and see if there's any great break-up sad/angry/whatever songs that I forgot.

Sort of similar situation here. Don't know why some people wouldn't understand being bitter. Anyways if you need a friend jollyroger118@hotmail.com.

Sorry about the breakup :( On another note these songs go so great together! The mix tape has a great flow to it!

If I were you, I'd blast Jesus of Suburbia non-stop. I DON'T CARE! Really that helped me out when I broke up..

How could you forget Whatshername?

Maybe because it has a repenting/nostalgic kinda mood?

Why isn't Platypus on this list? Really, all you need is "Platypus" and "Stuart and the Ave." and you're SET.

You don't put an angry and outrageous song like Platypus on a mix tape!

You go to that girl's house and sing it for her.

Out of curiosity, who broke up with who and why?

Hahahaha, throw a rock through her window and then sing it at the top of your lungs!

Just the 'I may be dumb, but I'm not stupid enough to stay with you' line in Stuart and the Ave says it all :lol:

The Grouch, Platypus maybe?

Yes, and also, yes.

Also, homecoming

Perhaps Redundant?

Archived