Debate: What is the greatest show Green Day has ever played?

Gwen Stacy

i think everyone defines the show/s he has seen as the best gig ever, it's the same with me

but the America Idiot and 21stCB were maybe the most powerful and ambitious ones along with 1994's woodstock etc

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I consider the show in Costa Rica as the best. I think everything in that show was gorgeous, the setlist was amazing also think it will hardly happen again. Unfortunately!

Wembley Stadium. although im probably biased because i was there

I'm biased for the same reason but it was pretty amazing. I usually think the smaller the better when it comes to shows but the atmosphere was so special there (like, everyone in the crowd was happy and friendly even when it got rough, you could feel the love :lol:) and the band were on absolute top form. As far as a standard Green Day show goes it must be up there with the best.

No, no, I'm Scottish. I was just on holiday at the time. Were you seated or standing?

Seated at the rightside.

The guard there said that i have to sit down, (really i didn't know what she said, can't speak french) when green day started playing the place exploded. almost everyone was standing.

e0lqj6.jpg

I also see them in the Netherlands at the Pinkpop festival. But Nimes was a lot better. Damm what was Oh love sounding good.

I consider the show in Costa Rica as the best. I think everything in that show was gorgeous, the setlist was amazing also think it will hardly happen again. Unfortunately!

Yeah, the setlist was the best i think. But billie joe was screeming a lot. I think that the sound quality was not the best.

Awesome as fuck should be a 2disc with songs like i was there on it.

Seated at the rightside.

The guard there said that i have to sit down, (really i didn't know what she said, can't speak french) when green day started playing the place exploded. almost everyone was standing.

e0lqj6.jpg

I also see them in the Netherlands at the Pinkpop festival. But Nimes was a lot better. Damm what was Oh love sounding good.

Yeah, the setlist was the best i think. But billie joe was screeming a lot. I think that the sound quality was not the best.

Wow, you seem to be pretty close to where I was. I think I was a bit further back though.

It may not have been the best sound and he cried too, but I think it was more special than others.

This is a great topic and interesting to discuss, but I think "greatest show they've ever played" is just sooooo subjective. "Greatest" could refer to setlists, antics, length, venue...I wish there was some way to really gauge this.

Maybe we'll do some type of poll on GDA, with videos/setlists of the shows listed for each of the choices.

And in terms of just the setlists, I feel like there's one stand-out show in each "era"/tour that just kicked ass setlist-wise.

I'd argue the Fritz Radio show in 2004. American Idiot had only been out for a month, the audience was tiny, the banter was absolutely hilarious, they played The Grouch and completely fucked it up, played I Fought The Law as well as both JOS and Homecoming, and that version of Knowledge is easily the best I've ever heard.

Mind me for asking but do you know if there's any audio or video of this gig? Thanks. :happy:

Mind me for asking but do you know if there's any audio or video of this gig? Thanks. :happy:

Yep, there's audio here! It's really an awesome show.

In fact, it seems like you've posted a video in that thread yourself :P

Yep, there's audio here! It's really an awesome show.

In fact, it seems like you've posted a video in that thread yourself :P

Oh yeah. I meant the Fritz show! :lol:

Archived